Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:freundgoal:

German football expert’s comments about Son will be music to Levy’s ears

Well-known German football expert Raphael Honigstein explained on the ESPN FC show on BT Sport 1 on Friday morning how the signing of Son Heung-min is going to help Tottenham Hotspur off the pitch.

The South Korea international attacker joined Spurs from German club Bayer Leverkusen on Friday, subject to work permit and international clearance.

Son is a highly-rated player who can play as a winger or as a forward, and Honigstein has highlighted how important he could be for Tottenham commercially.

“i don’t think necessarily that he is the one player who will take Spurs to the next level, but what he does bring is huge commentarial value off the pitch," Honigstein explained on the ESPN FC show on BT Sport 1 on Friday morning.

“Leverkusen have 300 South Koreans at every single game, they have a South Korean shirt sponsor - I don’t think that is a coincidence - and the guy is a superstar in his home country and throughout Asia.

“They might not actually get their money’s worth so much on the pitch, but he will certainly bring in a lot of income for Spurs.”

Honigstein’s comments will be music to Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy’s ears, as he will know that there will be money coming in over the next few years.

Tottenham are a big club, but there is still room for them to expand and appeal to more football fans around the world.

Asia is a huge market for football, and over the years the likes of Manchester United, Woolwich and Real Madrid have found a huge following there.

Signing Son does not necessarily mean that Spurs will have loads of fans in South Korea overnight, but there will certainly be more interest in the North London outfit because of him.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/2...ments-about-son-will-be-music-to-levy/page/1/

Similar, I suppose, but it wasn't as athletic is Bale does, I thought there was more than just raw pace and pure power there. He touched the ball at the right points, in the right direction and with the right weight, which meant the other defender couldn't approach him, because of the risk he'd pass it to his team mate. I was a bit surprised he didn't strike it himself, but that's great because he was thinking of the team scoring, and he was able to get the direction and the weight of his pass perfect, having created the gap for himself. Impressive.

Absolutely this. He was aware enough to see the last defender dropping off toward his team-mate, so with his next touch he came inside just a little bit tempting the defender back towards him, as soon as the defender came in the space opened up for the pass and played it perfectly across.

I do like a player who can dictate a situation like that even while running at pace, it shows his mind can operate as quick as his legs, which is a step up from a few other pacey players we have known.

I got within 3 levels of the end once, which is one hell of an achievement considering all the game does to get harder is increase the speed each time to the point where its utterly mental fast.
I think we got to the end once. So satisfying. You basically go off reflexes at that point haha

Dogecoin Dogecoin

Can you let me know why you've disagreed with an article I've shared?
I'm intrigued.

"They might not actually get their money’s worth so much on the pitch, but he will certainly bring in a lot of income for Spurs.”

I am not disagreeing with how much money he will bring to Spurs, but the fact that this writer sounds biased against him just because he's an Asian player makes me sick. Scoring 10+ goals for three years in a row in Bundesliga, which is #2 league at the moment after La Liga, is not an easy task, and this writer still thinks he's not worth the money?

Ppl like this article writer needs to stop thinking that Asian players are only for marketing. Look at Ki Sung Yong from Swansea. Park Ji Sung from ManU as well. LCY back in the day when he was in Bolton bf it got relegated too.

I dont know why English ppl still think Asian players aint good enough when other nations already accepted the fact that they are more than good enough to make a different for their teams.

I am a bit disappointed in the recent comments been made by Sons ex manager and his teammate Hakkan. Only thing Son made them was bunch of goals, assits and money and they have nerve to say Sons latest dealing about the move was a tad bit short to their liking? WTF? And now one of the German media guy talking shit on tip of it? Do we sense jealousy that their boy Son is off to bigger and better market?

I am a bit disappointed in the recent comments been made by Sons ex manager and his teammate Hakkan. Only thing Son made them was bunch of goals, assits and money and they have nerve to say Sons latest dealing about the move was a tad bit short to their liking? WTF? And now one of the German media guy talking shit on tip of it? Do we sense jealousy that their boy Son is off to bigger and better market?

According to Bild, Son actually sorted all out with the owner + other ppl from Leverkusen before he went to England. Apparently, they didnt bother to tell the manager and it caused misunderstandings. Besides, Son got 2 weeks off after he talked to the owner, so he didnt even "skip" the training.

Don't really care what others have said about him!
Its what he does for us that counts and here's hoping he is the real deal!

Don't really care what others have said about him!
Its what he does for us that counts and here's hoping he is the real deal!

I too am thrilled to find out about that.
Son was a natural scorer but had to learn to play as far out o midfield not by his choice but upon what was asked of. He still managed to pull 15+ golas last season while baby sitting a teammate or two in their selfish plays that were often painful to look at. Son is a good boy great footballer natural scorer with all the tools and work ethic. I am planning to feast on watching him flourish here with the team.

According to Bild, Son actually sorted all out with the owner + other ppl from Leverkusen before he went to England. Apparently, they didnt bother to tell the manager and it caused misunderstandings. Besides, Son got 2 weeks off after he talked to the owner, so he didnt even "skip" the training.

They would say anything for a few more euros

To clarify about his military service situation, he does need to go before 28 if he doesnt get exemption.
Korea made a new rule last year that lets men who didnt graduate secondary schools delay till age of 35, but that rule applies only to those who were born in/after 1996..

Back
Top Bottom