Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think he needs a breather. Son can bring his goal scoring boots to shine at the Stadium of Light, but would prefer him on the bench after playing 96 minutes. No need for Son to shine as Kane and yes...our Vinny will both score with OG courtesy of of O'Shea. 3 nil the final line. Book it.

It should probably be talked about more than it is, but right now Spurs are fielding a front 3 of Son, Kane and Dele who are all scoring at 0.6npg/90 (so, an open play goal every two games). That's an insane attacking threat (3 attacking players all scoring at a rate faster than Aguero, at the same time). He gets a lot of stick sometimes, but Son is having a really massive year and no one is really noticing it.

He did play in all 3 matches this week and I cannot recall him playing as many minutes before in a week. While he is playing like this it is difficult to see Lamela getting a starting place

From what I've read from Dortmund fans, this is what Son is like and has always been like. Goes through form like a sine wave, crap for 7 games, good for 7 games...rinse, repeat.

I don't dislike Son at all, but he just reminds me of a Harry Redknapp signing - great when he's on form, but inconsistent with form.

Korean Chadli
:chadliwtf:

Centre of all our best attacking moments today but also guilty of wasting a lot of them through poor decision making and a lack of composure.

One can only expect so much from him. He also contributed in defense a lot today, including a nice tackle challenge in the midfield. His sprints and what seems to be ineffective plays took pressure off from Davis, who played a great supporting role and didn't have to fill in Danny Rose's usual role.
I know it was frustrating to watch him shoot and pass today. But, from what I have seen, most of his shots and crosses were from his left foot. Considering that the lad is right-footed, I think he did a hell of job. If one of his shots went in today, it would have been a highlight of the day.
In the end, he created a chance for us to score. His decision making skills and composure will naturally improve with time (compared to last season, he has improved a lot).
Looking forward to see how Son plays out for the rest of this season!

Centre of all our best attacking moments today but also guilty of wasting a lot of them through poor decision making and a lack of composure.

Spot on, although he did hit the post and forced at least one very decent save. What I like most is that he kept going and kept trying. He's not for hiding.

I can't help but think that those who see Son as an invaluable player who should be in our first eleven are people who only watches highlights.

Yesterday he did in fact offer more than another selfish outlet, he did involve himself defensively as well as offensively, and actually did deliver a good cross that could've been an assist and some decent teamplay. But in most of our games he's been running around seemingly unaware of the offside rule and of his team mates presence.

If he'd learned how to look for and pass to team mates he could've been a truly top world class player, but he's mostly just a flashy, technical speed merchant with good finishing. The description may sound awesome, but doesn't fit all that well in a Pochettino Team.

I can't help but think that those who see Son as an invaluable player who should be in our first eleven are people who only watches highlights.

Yesterday he did in fact offer more than another selfish outlet, he did involve himself defensively as well as offensively, and actually did deliver a good cross that could've been an assist and some decent teamplay. But in most of our games he's been running around seemingly unaware of the offside rule and of his team mates presence.

If he'd learned how to look for and pass to team mates he could've been a truly top world class player, but he's mostly just a flashy, technical speed merchant with good finishing. The description may sound awesome, but doesn't fit all that well in a Pochettino Team.

You are aware he won man of the match ?

Back
Top Bottom