Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Impressive stats but the reality is there is more to playing football than scoring goals yourself. This stat may forgive him missing chances he should score for instance, but does he create enough for other players?

He is dispossessed way too often, which I see as his greatest failing as it can have high consequences for the team. And he often makes stray passes. He also bottles some challenges. In particular he seems more effective off the bench and has worse games when he starts.

I like Son a lot but he needs to improve these weaknesses. Of course, he is young and talented, we should be patient with him. I would not start him against the likes of Chelsea until he improves.

I'd say he has been responsible for alot of our points this season:

1st 2 goals at Stoke - gave us 3 points
2 goals at Boro - 3 pts
MoM v Citeh and an assist - 3 pts imo, we absolutely wouldn't have won it with Jansen up top, can't press like that
Wet Spam - 2 assists in last 2 mins to turn 1-2 into 3-2, 3 pts

Nice that he scored v Swans and Saints, but I give these pretty much zero weight as the games were won by then.

I really don't know understand the carping, in his 2nd season when the first was badly disrupted by injury. His finishing was poor v Watford in a game we won 4-1. I cant think of a single PL match this season where he's missed a really good chance that has cost us. But the evidence above shows how many pts his goals and assists have given us. And I bet Ive missed some assists.

I bet Kane likes it when he plays, he takes such a lot of the burden just through his running and pace, and creating space.

Thought he was very good against Watford- his shots didn't come off at all, but, he made dangerous runs and troubled their defense all night. He's been an extremely important player for us this season given how many games Lamela has missed. We'd have much fewer points without his impressive goal-scoring contributions. If he was just a bit more consistent I think Poch would have a serious selection headache with the starting XI but for now he is our first choice substitute, which is certainly nothing to sneer at.

for me he is too little weigth in the challenge, like Eriksen, if you only have one of them on the pitch, the rest of the team can cover that but both on at the same time makes us weak at winning the ball

I really don't know understand the carping, in his 2nd season when the first was badly disrupted by injury. His finishing was poor v Watford in a game we won 4-1. I cant think of a single PL match this season where he's missed a really good chance that has cost us. But the evidence above shows how many pts his goals and assists have given us. And I bet Ive missed some assists.

I bet Kane likes it when he plays, he takes such a lot of the burden just through his running and pace, and creating space.

This forum sometimes looks extremly unfair to Son thanks to the frequent posts in poor quality but the reality is ever since his arrival the team has been hitting cylinders hard for high level out put. It is going for the title two yrs in a row. When was last time this happened? Son must not pay attention to this forum and keep at what’s been driving him and what hes been doing which by the way seem to be boding well for the team, teammates and the coach.[/QUOTE]

Yo HmsRhymeMaster when does your mixtape drop?

Hello, I live in Korea and I am a fan of sonheungmin.And I am actually a fan of Manchester United.Since I am very interested in sonheungmin, I often visit the Tottenham forum.

Im not good at english. Im sorry about that.

Anyway
Sony is not good at off the ball. Of course his fast legs,and good finish is fantastic. But off the ball.....when he dosent have the ball, he often stop on field. Like berbatov. And he is not good at first touch, pass.

However he is crack winger, he is good at dribble. Like mane,hazard......

I think he is still developing now, coys must wait his develop.

You saw that sonys september.

When His conditions is good, he will be best player.....

This forum sometimes looks extremly unfair to Son thanks to the frequent posts in poor quality but the reality is ever since his arrival the team has been hitting cylinders hard for high level out put. It is going for the title two yrs in a row. When was last time this happened? Son must not pay attention to this forum and keep at what’s been driving him and what hes been doing which by the way seem to be boding well for the team, teammates and the coach.

Yo HmsRhymeMaster when does your mixtape drop?[/QUOTE]

Yeah mate I might have couple lined up titled in likes of

‘Jealousy ain’t that a bitch’ or ‘Could had it all’ if Son goes military lol

Or of course my favorite, the unreleased from last season ready again “the Champion”

I am listening :dembelelol:

Scores again and had the most shot on goals but still needs to handle the ball better if he wants to be serious consideration as the first off the bench once Lamela is back. I like him though and he definetly deserves more credit than some of our fans give him. Reminds me a bit of Chicharito Ex-United striker playing now for Leverkusen in the Bundesliga in that he will give you goals as frustrating as he is at times. In fact Leverkusen replaced their 7 from Son to him last year,

Scores again and had the most shot on goals but still needs to handle the ball better if he wants to be serious consideration as the first off the bench once Lamela is back. I like him though and he definetly deserves more credit than some of our fans give him. Reminds me a bit of Chicharito Ex-United striker playing now for Leverkusen in the Bundesliga in that he will give you goals as frustrating as he is at times. In fact Leverkusen replaced their 7 from Son to him last year,

hilarious

Son is proving to be absolutely invaluable. I'm really pleased for him. He's providing the goals and hard graft that Vinny Row Z (Upper Tier) was brought in for. Sonny's sharpness in his finishing is very impressive.

Son is proving to be absolutely invaluable. I'm really pleased for him. He's providing the goals and hard graft that Vinny Row Z (Upper Tier) was brought in for. Sonny's sharpness in his finishing is very impressive.

I have found him very frustrating at times this season, losing possession and being poor in the tackle, but fair play he has come up with some great goals and I love his attitude on the pitch

I have found him very frustrating at times this season, losing possession and being poor in the tackle, but fair play he has come up with some great goals and I love his attitude on the pitch
The best thing to do when he looses the ball is count to 5, I bet you more than half the time he is dispossessed we have won it back within the following 5 seconds. The counter-press is ours.

That said I broke my on rule in the West Ham game, it just wasn't happening. I'm not one to scream out negatives to our own players but I did turn to the geezer I sit next to and let out a few expletives, no sooner as the word cunt spilled from my mouth he had turned the game.

The best thing to do when he looses the ball is count to 5, I bet you more than half the time he is dispossessed we have won it back within the following 5 seconds. The counter-press is ours.

That said I broke my on rule in the West Ham game, it just wasn't happening. I'm not one to scream out negatives to our own players but I did turn to the geezer I sit next to and let out a few expletives, no sooner as the word cunt spilled from my mouth he had turned the game.
Son is a classic case of hit or miss but to the critics say he often loses possession (very true) it's mostly in the opposition's half and causes no outcome nor lead to any goals. While when he does strike, it's often deadly and in the back of the net which does have an impact to the overall outcome of the games. Sometime we are to harsh on our own and with the exception of Janssen, most of our subs would get into 90% of the other team's starting line up. And yes it includes the likes of Wink, Vorm, Trippier, Georges-Kevin N'Koudou, Son and even Sissoko.

It's goals that win matches? And get us points?

He scored again v Citeh to give us a point we never deserved, and deprived a challenger to us of all 3.

Please check out how many pts he's gained us this season with his goals/assists. My earlier post clocked up 12; the Citeh goal now makes it 13. That's massive.

If you think Lamela comes even close to that tally, I'll be very surprised. Just checked - 8 PL goals for Spurs in total (and yes I know 2 of the 4 seasons injury-hit). Son 8 this season alone.

If I was Lamela I'd be worried. He came here with a hefty fee to play first team footie. He's since been overtaken by Alli (automatic PL starter), and now by Son from the bench imo.

For me, Lamela not in our best PL XI, and not first off the bench either.

And yes, I get annoyed when Son loses possession. V Citeh he could have put Alli away just before their first goal, but lost possession then. But with that amount of goals, I'll cut him some slack.

And his performance v Citeh at home, for me the stand out individual performance of the season so far, important on so many levels.

Back
Top Bottom