Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And almost all of he's passing going forward. Only a few going sideways and hardly any pass backwards. Requires a really good vision and a fast brain to find those much harder to make forward creative passes. Really impressive to see such players and extremely impressive for such a young player. Hope too see him with Wanayama today.

Not only does he provide the best passing out of any of our players. (I'm serious)
He does it the fastest as well, turns around really quickly and immediately passes it forward.
Even those difficult passes between opposition players.

So very excited about him since I saw that video of him against Man U's youth last year.

He's played one game against Gillingham, let's not be stupid.

To be fair he was very impressive against Juventus and Milan pre-season (our best player IMO) and he does offer something very different to our other deep lying midfielders in terms of passing and moving.

Whether he is ready for big prem games is another matter but we won't know until he is used.

Sorry mate, I think you're talking nonsense. How you've come to the conclusion he's our best passer from 90 minutes of competitive football against a team two leagues below us, I'll never know.

Sorry mate, I think you're talking nonsense. How you've come to the conclusion he's our best passer from 90 minutes of competitive football against a team two leagues below us, I'll never know.

I'll have you know I watched a few videos.

But in all seriousness, I think he does have the skill set needed to make attacks go swiftly.

He turns quickly, has the vision to find the right pass immediately, courage to play the ball and the ability to regularly get it done right along the ground.

He's starting to get more and more trust out of Pochettino.

From his cameo appearance at home to Liverpool, his start against Gillingham and getting some more time today - I think he'll definitely get the nod in central midfield at Anfield.

I think for Poch to bring him on when he did (at 1-2 and pretty much up against a rejuvenated 'Boro side) spoke volumes about both his trust in Winks, and the players' ability.

It's easy to bring on a youth player when we're 4/5-0 up... you or I could've come on against Gillingham to be fair...
but when we actually NEEDED him to do a job, and not just soak up the atmosphere, he came on, and put in a shift.

That in itself shows what a decent player Winks could turn out to be.

I think for Poch to bring him on when he did (at 1-2 and pretty much up against a rejuvenated 'Boro side) spoke volumes about both his trust in Winks, and the players' ability.

It's easy to bring on a youth player when we're 4/5-0 up... you or I could've come on against Gillingham to be fair...
but when we actually NEEDED him to do a job, and not just soak up the atmosphere, he came on, and put in a shift.

That in itself shows what a decent player Winks could turn out to be.

Poch does that a lot. Several times last season he brought on Onomah with 10-15 to go while we were only 1-0 up. It's showing a lot of trust in these young players and that will only benefit them in the long term.

Good in spells today. Think he's once again proved what we already knew and that he's above Carroll in the pecking order. Don't think he's ready to be starting Premier League games though. Perhaps against the Sunderlands of the world who would sit back and we'd have possession in midfield but nothing else, yet.

We probably won't be seeing Winks start another game this season, unless we get a lower league side in the FA Cup.

Unless we have a bad run of midfield injuries it is unlikely Winks or Carroll will play again this season although may get on as Sub. We will need to decide in January whether to send Winks on loan or sell Carroll but not both. Decision will depend on anyone wanting Carroll and Winks wanting to go on loan.

I think Winks will get more game time than Carroll... which won't be much...
I imagine the FA Cup will be treated the same way as the EFL Cup now...

Much as it pains me to take the FA Cup with NOTHING LESS THAN 100% seriousness... I fear that unless we are out of the CL and way off the PL pace by New Year, then Poch will use the 2nd String for the Cup again...

Carroll will hopefully be on loan at someone like Norwich, Newcastle or Villa by that point!

Back
Top Bottom