Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

NEW CONTRACT: We are delighted to announce that @HarryWinks has signed a new contract with the Club until 2021.

CsdlAG5XgAELGMB.jpg

I expect that he will start against Gillingham

Winks and Wanyama for Gillingham game would be decent. They played in preseason so it wouldn't be like 2 strangers in midfield.

Hopefully he will be decent and get some game time this season in the domestic cups.
PS. Really need a Winks pic winking. :carrollwtf:

Saying that, maybe Winks will end up being Bentalebs replacement. No problems with that.
I think you could be onto something...
In any other given season, players like Winks and Carroll would be likely "loan fodder" to a mid-table Prem team or Championship club, much more so than Bentaleb and Mason, who's gone altogether!
Poch clearly sees something in these two (better attitude??) to have kept them both, whilst letting others go...

I may be wrong. I have been before!

Really hope to see Winks soon. Only pre-season games but he showed something none of our midfielders/former midfielders have including the like of Dembele, Mason and Eriksen and that's a proper quick and various passing range.

He was moving it forward constantly short and long and zipping all over the pitch running the game against Juventus and Milan. Almost have to go back to fat boy Huddleston and dare I mention the name Modric the last time I remember something on those lines.

Completely different player to anyone we have, I know he is really young but in the pre-season and youth games he just stood out a mile.

Maybe talking shit as its a gut feeling but this is the young player this season that could really break out for us. We have needed a player at the base of midfield who is confident on the ball with a passing range, a deep lying playmaker and I hope he shows what he can do. Poch obviously believes in him so let's see.

Had a great game tonight very assured on the ball and has a great first touch. I really like the way he plays and could be a hidden gem for us this season.

Back
Top Bottom