Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3981a09f-7c69-40f7-b48b-913ce7e4d1cc-746x1020.jpeg

Looks like it's coming, Kane already at 21 looks a level above Welbeck or Lambert have ever been, England only have two top class strikers, Rooney and Sturridge, Kane may follow those two in time.
Sturridge struggles to stay match fit and Rooney is very versatile like Kane up to so I think they'd work well together. Would be epic to see!

I wanted to see how effective each of these strikers were, since they had obviously been given differing amounts of playing time so I looked up some stats and this is what I came up with... Kane doesn't come first, but with these stats it looks like he is the second most effective striker in the Premier League... I'd say that's pretty good for a 21 yr old! COYS!
Goals_in_All_Competitions.png
Goals_Per_Game_Started.png

*Disclaimer: I know that it would be more precise with "Goals per minute", but I couldnt find any good data on how many minutes each had played (couldnt find the minutes any had played in capital one) so I went with games started.
**Disclaimer: I understand that Sergio, Diego, and Alexis would probably have scored more if their teams were in Europa instead of Champions, but then again if Kane had the support that City and Chelsea give their strikers he would probably have more goals as well...

I wanted to see how effective each of these strikers were, since they had obviously been given differing amounts of playing time so I looked up some stats and this is what I came up with... Kane doesn't come first, but with these stats it looks like he is the second most effective striker in the Premier League... I'd say that's pretty good for a 21 yr old! COYS!

*Disclaimer: I know that it would be more precise with "Goals per minute", but I couldnt find any good data on how many minutes each had played (couldnt find the minutes any had played in capital one) so I went with games started.
**Disclaimer: I understand that Sergio, Diego, and Alexis would probably have scored more if their teams were in Europa instead of Champions, but then again if Kane had the support that City and Chelsea give their strikers he would probably have more goals as well...

Insane stats from basically a kid, we have been lucky he has grown so quickly this season can you imagine this season without him?

Really well done. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Obviously Kane isn't as good of a player as Aguero, Sanchez, or Costa but he's having an absolutely incredible season for 21 year old in his first full season with the first team. His productivity simply cannot be knocked. Such a pleasure to watch him play this season.

Insane stats from basically a kid, we have been lucky he has grown so quickly this season can you imagine this season without him?
Funnily enough, it seemed like Bentaleb was the silver lining after the clusterfuck of last season. Now with Kane, there really is something special about seeing the kids come through.

And it doesn't hurt that they come across as grounded and likable.

Total shit then my missus could have scored those goals

:harryhmm::troll:
But I mean its the usual consensus with Spurs fans, no?

If Soldado performed like Kane today, he'd have been slated. There would have been the usual sarcastic comment when he scores, and then when he proceeds to miss his chances, the abuse piles on.

But I mean its the usual consensus with Spurs fans, no?

If Soldado performed like Kane today, he'd have been slated. There would have been the usual sarcastic comment when he scores, and then when he proceeds to miss his chances, the abuse piles on.
You my man need to understand a couple of things

"Generalising and stereotyping"

Forums are often full of shit and mayhap sometime folks say something they don't really believe because emotions are high or they are just trying to get a rise

Besides Kane played well, I'd be over the moon if Soldado played like that today.
Seriously... what on earth are some peoples expectations? That every single chance is put away?

As the team starts to pay better, we should in theory create more chances and hopefully our strikers will bag a brace or a hat-trick along the way.

You my man need to understand a couple of things

"Generalising and stereotyping"

Forums are often full of shit and mayhap sometime folks say something they don't really believe because emotions are high or they are just trying to get a rise

Besides Kane played well, I'd be over the moon if Soldado played like that today.
Seriously... what on earth are some peoples expectations? That every single chance is put away?

As the team starts to pay better, we should in theory create more chances and hopefully our strikers will bag a brace or a hat-trick along the way.

Calm down. Could you not sense by my original post that it was tongue in cheek?

Back
Top Bottom