Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a very good player. Watch his goals last year compared to this year. He had an argument of being the best forward in the league last year.

His build-up play has fallen off this year. He does not pass as well and often only thinks about a shot. Worked great last year, but this year has goals have mostly come from team play or penalties and not individual play.

Sure I'll get hated for this, but whatever. I want him to be the best forward in the league, so it can help the team win. He has some things he needs to improve on this year, though.
I don't agree but I'm not going into a childish tantrum because you say some parts of his game have dropped off. What I see is that opposition defenders now pay him much more respect and things that he had space for before are just impossible now - he gets dragged down and hacked more imho.

My personal gripe is that sometimes his first touch is poor. But I can't tell whether that's because usually some guy is pushing or leaning on him. His passing and layoff play looks better to me than ever. Where it seems to break down is occasionally team mates don't give back for the easy team goal and instead go for the flashy solo effort (miss). Poch needs to keep a lid on this

Toby IMO. I like the lead by example type of captain that Hugo is and think that Toby would be similar.
Toby has "Real Madrid/Barcelona" written all over him. He'll be gone before Hugo retires. I think it's going to be Vertonghen or Kane. Maybe Dier. I like Rose, but I can't see him wanting to do the PR stuff that seems to come with being captain of a team.

Toby has "Real Madrid/Barcelona" written all over him. He'll be gone before Hugo retires. I think it's going to be Vertonghen or Kane. Maybe Dier. I like Rose, but I can't see him wanting to do the PR stuff that seems to come with being captain of a team.
Why even say that?

We were just starting to get some optimism going around this place and then you go and prick the balloon!

let us dream for a few years yet...
THIS SQUAD WILL HAVE PREMIER LEAGUE WINNERS MEDALS IN THEIR POCKETS WITHIN THE NEXT 5 YEARS! ...without having to up sticks and move anywhere!!

Kane has been too much of a passenger in a lot of games this year. I'm loathed to give him too much criticism as he has bagged 14 in the league already again, but his form is way too patchy.

It's a difficult one, we've not had anyone who probably has the ability to score with such consistency since klinsmann, but he has a lot of limitations in my opinion.

Kane has been too much of a passenger in a lot of games this year. I'm loathed to give him too much criticism as he has bagged 14 in the league already again, but his form is way too patchy.

It's a difficult one, we've not had anyone who probably has the ability to score with such consistency since klinsmann, but he has a lot of limitations in my opinion.
He's definitely been inconsistent, but I'm not worried because he's still so young. Has all the time in the world to get better, look at Suarez/Lewandowski when they were 23.

It's ridiculous to criticise him.

The issue isn't Kane, it's the fact that he's being marked by 2 or 3 men at a time. The players around him need to drawn men off him with more threat, but only Dele seems to.

It's ridiculous to criticise him.

The issue isn't Kane, it's the fact that he's being marked by 2 or 3 men at a time. The players around him need to drawn men off him with more threat, but only Dele seems to.

Criticising Kane is like winning the euro millions for 50 million then complaining as you have to share it with some cunt from France!!
:dembelefingers:

He's a very good player. Watch his goals last year compared to this year. He had an argument of being the best forward in the league last year.

His build-up play has fallen off this year. He does not pass as well and often only thinks about a shot. Worked great last year, but this year has goals have mostly come from team play or penalties and not individual play.

Sure I'll get hated for this, but whatever. I want him to be the best forward in the league, so it can help the team win. He has some things he needs to improve on this year, though.

I agree that so far Kane hasn't been as good as last season, but the season isn't over yet, there is loads of it left. Kane is young and as such has hot and cold patches.

Looks like Zlatan may be off at the end of the season to continue his world tour.

Settle in for a summer of nonsensical 'Kane to United: Exclusive' forthwith.

Are we going to have a team left next year?
City are prepared to break the bank for Dele, Rose and Walker
United are going to buy Kane
Hugo is off back to Spain,
Lamela going back to Argentina
Even Jannsen is moving to Turkey....
Still on the bright side least the cheese room in the new stadium will all be paid for! :levyeyes:

The thing is about Kane is he works too hard to play every single game as the focal/only source of goals; he's a big lad anyway, and either needs to learn to be more selective/selfish with his running, or rested every few games to preserve optimum sharpness over the season. He was terrible at the Euros, simply because he was drained.

It's essential that an alternative is signed in the summer to maximise his potential medium and long term.

Are we going to have a team left next year?
City are prepared to break the bank for Dele, Rose and Walker
United are going to buy Kane
Hugo is off back to Spain,
Lamela going back to Argentina
Even Jannsen is moving to Turkey....
Still on the bright side least the cheese room in the new stadium will all be paid for! :levyeyes:

Just think, everyone will be able to see Kyle Walker-Peters up close and personal when he's lining up in the tunnel through the one-way glass.

Look at Roberts comments on Dean Ashton, you know that super striker who spent most of his time at Crewe, one year at Norwich (17 goals ) and only 15 goals in 3 years at Upton Park. Obviously still has a love in for Spam and thinks Carrol is better.
screen capture

Back
Top Bottom