Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet Gareth Bale is choking on his paella in shock at the amount of pens we've won he was denied so many stonewallers
Can you imagine what Bale would look like in this side? My god he'd be a fucking nightmare. He's the perfect complement to all of our players, and his range shooting would demolish Pulis-style clubs trying to stand us off and park the bus.

Alas, not to be.

Can you imagine what Bale would look like in this side? My god he'd be a fucking nightmare. He's the perfect complement to all of our players, and his range shooting would demolish Pulis-style clubs trying to stand us off and park the bus.

Alas, not to be.

I genuinely believe if we replaced Lamela or Son with Gareth Bale we would be the best side in Europe.

Alas, not to be.
Prima Donna cunt wouldn't fit in with this bunch.

Only kidding. He lived round the corner from me (#blatant) and there was genuinely only one club he would have left us for. 2 months before his head got turned, my next door neighbour (yep, the Spam fan) had the contract to refurb his pad in Repton park. The funny side is he lost out on almost £100,000 to redecorate (basically).

Still hate how Bale left us, & often wonder how things may have turned out, but it's like wondering if theoretical kids with your ex would have been less of a handful than the real ones you've got.

Bale is gone. And in a small way, I'm glad. He was too big for his boots. We eventually became much better

Alas, not to be.
I think he would be doing much better as a player if he stayed with Spurs. The unquestioned superstar of not only his team, but of the entire league. Raising his kid in an English-speaking city. Would have certainly won the title (replace Eriksen with Bale on the left of Poch's 4-2-3-1, and try to concoct a scenario where Spurs don't win the title in 15/16), hell, he might even be making more money (you think Levy would mind paying him 200k per week? Of course not)....but whatever.

Nobody can see the future. Based on the options available to him, Madrid was the right call. Hell, if Bale had stayed fucking AVB would still be here, collecting big paychecks with one eye on that Middle Eastern racecar contest at all times.

:avbpray:

(just to be clear, I don't hate AVB, he's undoubtedly a top-tier scout or assistant coach, but a very mediocre head coach)

I think he would be doing much better as a player if he stayed with Spurs. The unquestioned superstar of not only his team, but of the entire league. Raising his kid in an English-speaking city. Would have certainly won the title (replace Eriksen with Bale on the left of Poch's 4-2-3-1, and try to concoct a scenario where Spurs don't win the title in 15/16), hell, he might even be making more money (you think Levy would mind paying him 200k per week? Of course not)....but whatever.

Nobody can see the future. Based on the options available to him, Madrid was the right call. Hell, if Bale had stayed fucking AVB would still be here, collecting big paychecks with one eye on that Middle Eastern racecar contest at all times.

:avbpray:

(just to be clear, I don't hate AVB, he's undoubtedly a top-tier scout or assistant coach, but a very mediocre head coach)
Heh. Alternative timelines.

Jeez, just imagine if things were like 'The Man in the High Castle' and we were stuck in a reality where the Nazis had come out on top.

4c8f2a02a1fc5fd401be18fe88aaed470ef6cea4862574838db7e22094bd5cb4.gif

I mean that'd be...

Nazi-salute.jpg

Shit.

:avbshock:

IMO, Harry will be the best English striker ever over the course of his career. I hope he does that with Spurs, even though odds are he'll end up doing it with Man United or Real Madrid, but no matter what he's going to be great. Back-to-back, 20+ goal seasons, only 23 years old....it's incredible. Who was the last English striker to do that at such a young age? Lineker?

Heh. Alternative timelines.

Jeez, just imagine if things were like 'The Man in the High Castle' and we were stuck in a reality where the Nazis had come out on top.

4c8f2a02a1fc5fd401be18fe88aaed470ef6cea4862574838db7e22094bd5cb4.gif

I mean that'd be...

Nazi-salute.jpg

Shit.

:avbshock:
Man in the High Castle makes me angry. Not as a minority, but as a guy who loves history. It's based on so much goofiness that I don't even know where to begin. You might as well make a TV Show where Poland-Lithuania colonizes China.

The Nazis, even in their own most optimistic scenarios, were incapable of ever conquering the US (or even Canada). Same goes for Japan, for that matter. It's funny, our own writers/directors have essentially fallen for 1940s-era propaganda, which portrayed those two nations (with a combined population lower than the USA's), as somehow capable of defeating us.

Man in the High Castle makes me angry. Not as a minority, but as a guy who loves history. It's based on so much goofiness that I don't even know where to begin. You might as well make a TV Show where Poland-Lithuania colonizes China.
Indeed. Especially the way that the US is divided up (a nod to what happened to Germany post-war I suppose?).

I get more angry though when some idiot on YouTube comes up with a 'what if X hadn't happened?' video where they seemingly let everything afterwards happen almost the same way but with a twist. And act like it's accurate somehow.

Indeed. Especially the way that the US is divided up (a nod to what happened to Germany post-war I suppose?).

I get more angry though when some idiot on YouTube comes up with a 'what if X hadn't happened?' video where they seemingly let everything afterwards happen almost the same way but with a twist. And act like it's accurate somehow.
I hear you, man. My university major is IR with a minor in history, and the number of classmates who take this "if we change one thing, literally everything else will go the same way" mindset is just infuriating.

Like objectively, even if you're a hardcore German or Japanese nationalist, you're not annexing the US. It's just not possible thanks to the sheer size of it. But I understand that it makes for a fun tv show.

International Relations. It's the major that rich kids take before we persuade our parents to pay for law school or beg them to ask one of their well-connected friends to get us a job at the State Department or a Federal Court.
Yea ok I just chose Business Economics.

What does any of this have to do with Harry Kane?

I've still never quite understood the logic behind giving the Captaincy to a GK or a Striker... they're at totally the wrong ends of the field, and must surly represent a 'nominal' Position of honour... rather than one that can actually affect a game.
Look at all the greatest Captains in football history... OK, Dino Zoff aside...
but for us, the great Tottenham captains were the likes of Alf ramsey, Blanchflower, MacKay, Mabbutt, Perryman, Roberts, Campbell (sorry) King, even Dawson... they were all either Central Defenders or Midfielders...
I fail to see how someone in Goal, or 'up Top' can truly affect what goes on in the middle... he'll have to get his message across to hat many players, and besides, Lloris nd Kane strike me as two of the 'quieter' members of the squad... which one of them is gonna give Dembele a bollocking? (not that he needs it!)
But you get the idea...

For me, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dier, Wanyama (and one day Winks) all have Captain potential... it's the one sticking point of our team that doesn't sit easy with me, and a trick that I think Poch is missing!

I've still never quite understood the logic behind giving the Captaincy to a GK or a Striker... they're at totally the wrong ends of the field, and must surly represent a 'nominal' Position of honour... rather than one that can actually affect a game.
Look at all the greatest Captains in football history... OK, Dino Zoff aside...
but for us, the great Tottenham captains were the likes of Alf ramsey, Blanchflower, MacKay, Mabbutt, Perryman, Roberts, Campbell (sorry) King, even Dawson... they were all either Central Defenders or Midfielders...
I fail to see how someone in Goal, or 'up Top' can truly affect what goes on in the middle... he'll have to get his message across to hat many players, and besides, Lloris nd Kane strike me as two of the 'quieter' members of the squad... which one of them is gonna give Dembele a bollocking? (not that he needs it!)
But you get the idea...

For me, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dier, Wanyama (and one day Winks) all have Captain potential... it's the one sticking point of our team that doesn't sit easy with me, and a trick that I think Poch is missing!

Think Rose would make a awesome captain as well....
:roseunsure:

Back
Top Bottom