Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just heard Henry talking about strikers, Firmino in particular, saying he is great defensively. Whic I suppose he is.
However, he then went on to reel off the other strikers with goals, Kane, Costa, zlatan and said that they score but none of them contribute defensively .
Don't see how he can compare costa and zlatan to Kane that way.
Kane does a lot defensively to help the team as a lone striker.
Or have I been fucking imagining it.

The difference is that our defense starts in the opposition half. Kane does shit loads. And on the rare occation when we are defending in our own half he is back working hard as well, heading corners away, blocking, closing down, tackling etc.

I rate zlatan as a forward but when he helps back on defense it's always in the aftermath of a corner and he's back there anyway. It's so unusual for him to make a tackle that the commentators get all excited "Look, look! Ibra with a tackle!

When Kane tackles it's usually because he's chased back to help cover defenders out of position when a play broke down (watch and see. I'm right). It's so common that they don't even call it out anymore

Comparing zlatan and harry is like comparing rooney and de Gea. (One is world class, mobile, versatile and with clever footwork. The other is a has-been piece of shite)

I used to think Kane was like Sheringham but man has he blown that comparison away. He's the complete striker.

Sheringham for me is still the best comparison, he has Sheringham's clever brain and instinctive goalscoring, what he has over Sheringham is more power and mobility. For me Kane is like the love child of Sheringham and Thomas Muller, clever like Sheringham, hard working and awkward like Mullar.

The difference is that our defense starts in the opposition half. Kane does shit loads. And on the rare occation when we are defending in our own half he is back working hard as well, heading corners away, blocking, closing down, tackling etc.

I agree completely. Sure Ibra is a good striker but he is still isnt as good as several years ago. He doesn't really work hard for his goals and like you said does absolutely shit defensively. Sure it's funny when you see him standing there with his hands behind his back while other players do the work as seen in many videos about him but I would be so pissed if he was doing that on my team.

Last edited:
Linekar thinks Kane is like Shearer, I don't quite see it, I think Shearer is an old fashioned English centre-forward, great in the box but doesn't do much outside of that. Sheringham is in many ways the better comparison, as Kane can also drop deep and link up the play, but then again Teddy didn't score inside the box quite as clinically as Kane.
Hence why I think he is more like Raul, who combines the ability to play as an out and out striker but also as a link-up man.

If I was a United fan and had only seen Kane against them I would think he was horrible too since he's yet to turn up against them. Is Old Trafford the only ground he's yet to score at? The Liberty maybe?

He's so complete. He's incredibly underrated as a technical footballer, both in terms of passing and dribbling. His vision is insane and he's nearly got the ability of Dembele with the ball at his feet. He's outstanding shooting from range, or in the box. He's an outstanding goal poacher, but he's just as good playing with his back to goal in the box.

He's by far the most "complete" striker in the PL, and on finishing ability only Aguero can be compared.

If I was a United fan and had only seen Kane against them I would think he was horrible too since he's yet to turn up against them. Is Old Trafford the only ground he's yet to score at? The Liberty maybe?
I can't help in terms of stadia, but I do recall a stat that the only teams Kane has faced but not scored against are United and Cardiff.
The last game at WHL would be a fine time to rectify one of those.

Not much point drawing comparisons to former players - in ten/fifteen years time they'll be comparing strikers to Kane.
:kaneshh:

He's definitely scored at the Liberty. Got an early header there when we won 2-1 (I think it was that game). But there's still a few he hasn't scored at.

Off the top of my head, I don't think he's scored at these current PL grounds:

Old Trafford
London Stadium (obviously)
Riverside
Stadium of Light (scored an own goal!)
Turf Moor

Any excuse hehe. I was wrong on the 3rd, not directly involved but was there with a run (what you would expect from any CF to be fair).

Just makes me really miss Lamela.

The technique on that free kick assist and his goal were just brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom