Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, who in their right mind would want a 20+ goals a season striker? :pochrolleyes:
I believe, that the real problem for people is that he doesn't fit the modern idea of a real quality striker. He doesn't have the look and style of play for him to be considered one of the best strikers in the world. Although he has the technical ability, he's not a flashy player. He's not really fast, but he uses his body better than just about anybody else out there. His goals aren't typically produced by 40 yard runs where he dances and pirouettes through 5 defenders, a la Messi, but are done by stretching the defense purely by his presence and has the intelligence to be in the right place at the right time.

Because he doesn't fit the mold and look of the other top strikers out there, he'll always be looked at by many people as being a second-rate striker who only scores via penalties or opportunistic tap-ins. Those people don't know shit though, so their opinion is pretty worthless.

I believe, that the real problem for people is that he doesn't fit the modern idea of a real quality striker. He doesn't have the look and style of play for him to be considered one of the best strikers in the world. Although he has the technical ability, he's not a flashy player. He's not really fast, but he uses his body better than just about anybody else out there. His goals aren't typically produced by 40 yard runs where he dances and pirouettes through 5 defenders, a la Messi, but are done by stretching the defense purely by his presence and has the intelligence to be in the right place at the right time.

Because he doesn't fit the mold and look of the other top strikers out there, he'll always be looked at by many people as being a second-rate striker who only scores via penalties or opportunistic tap-ins. Those people don't know shit though, so their opinion is pretty worthless.

I was going to post something similar in response to the RM links. Their fans would be on his back very quickly (if he did go). He's not the Spanish idea of a striker - they'd see him as slow and clumsy.

They can fuck off as well.

He could score a 100 goals next season and rival fans will still say he is overrated, tap in merchant etc ..
Its just pure jealousy and validates just what an amazing job he is doing and how lucky we are to have him

It's god damn noble of all the other strikers who are ostensibly turning down all these tap-in goals..

Ay, he doesn't fit the mold of a top striker. He fucking shatters it. Kane is truly a complete forward. He doesn't look or act like a super-star, and he doesn't fuck about on the pitch showboating like some arrogant prick, he just turns defenses inside-out, and scores goals any way he can.

Honestly, if he started scoring earlier in the season than November he could be a 40 goal per season striker.

Still wouldn't get a nod from the Ballon D'Or, but fuck em.

He could score a 100 goals next season and rival fans will still say he is overrated, tap in merchant etc ..
Its just pure jealousy and validates just what an amazing job he is doing and how lucky we are to have him

Tap in merchant is such a banal insult anyway. If it was so easy to score 20+ tap ins every year every striker would do it...

Kane has world class positioning and an inate sense of where to be to find the net.

Fuck is Rashford doing here? Sympathy United inclusion, marketing reasons?

C2T0q17XUAAsW8O.jpg:large
I think he'll be a good player if Maureen doesn't suffocate him to death

That's a fine company there, Harry

I was going to post something similar in response to the RM links. Their fans would be on his back very quickly (if he did go). He's not the Spanish idea of a striker - they'd see him as slow and clumsy.

They can fuck off as well.
Spain don't use strikers anymore - too mainstream

I just heard Henry talking about strikers, Firmino in particular, saying he is great defensively. Whic I suppose he is.
However, he then went on to reel off the other strikers with goals, Kane, Costa, zlatan and said that they score but none of them contribute defensively .
Don't see how he can compare costa and zlatan to Kane that way.
Kane does a lot defensively to help the team as a lone striker.
Or have I been fucking imagining it.

Also from Redcafe

'I really doubt he would. Ibrahimovic is better than Kane at everything Kane can do plus he's able to play intricate football and cater to those around him. Plus he has a tonne of experience that we're in desperate need of.

Kane wouldn't be on United's radar until Ibrahimovic was close to being out the door, and even then, he's got a lot to do between now and then to be worth what Spurs/Levy would demand. For that kind of money, the best strikers on the planet become viable targets
'

Yes because we don't play intricate football apparently and United do? From what I have seen they play hoofball. I swear most of these idiots have never seen Kane play either. He is one of the best in the team at playing intricate football.

PS. I don't care about who is better...etc pointless debate and Ibra has won everything.

I didn't see any intricate football from Utd yesterday - they were awful, and only got the goal when they went route one. They should be embarrassed given the money they've spent.

Liverpool were no better either.

First they ridicule you, then they call you a one season wonder, then they call you a stat padding fraud, then they make up bullshit rumours because deep down they wish you played for their tinpot franchise.

Won't ever happen, so funny to laugh at.

Ahahahahahaha we have more chance of signing Suarez, Neymar and Messi in a swap deal for Doris the cleaner than those wankers have of ever signing Kane.

I didn't see any intricate football from Utd yesterday - they were awful, and only got the goal when they went route one. They should be embarrassed given the money they've spent.

Liverpool were no better either.
Can you agree times 2?
Van Gaal got slated by their fans and media and had to defend himself from long ball accusations.
Mourihno is worse

Intricate football

LOLLOOLOOOOLLOOL

When a 35 year old clapped has-been is your player of the season carrying the rest of your 500m squad you know you're doing well

klopp and mourihno are also embarrassing.
Thank fuck we have a manager who doesn't act like a complete fucking child.
Klopp is seen as a great guy but he's a passive aggressive smarmy cunt most of the time with his comments.
no wonder scousers love him

Last edited:
24th on the all times Spurs goalscorer List now, with 79 goals in all competitions.

He jumped past three players with the goals yesterday. He's already beaten the likes of Klinsmann, Adebayor, Pav, Waddle, Saul, Berbatov, Iversen, Anderton, Mackay, Bale, Armstrong, Bailey etc..three latest he left in his dust were Martin Peters, Seed (1920-26) and Steve Archibald.

Next ones just ahead are:

23. Lineker 80
22. Osborne (24-31) 82
20. Cantrell (12-23) and Clive Allen 84
19. Evans (31-36) 86
18. Falco 89
17. Taffy O'Callaghan (27-35) 98

I think 19 more goals this season is possible...

What is so impressive is not simply that he is beating these records but that he is doing it so damn quickly.

Also from Redcafe

'I really doubt he would. Ibrahimovic is better than Kane at everything Kane can do plus he's able to play intricate football and cater to those around him. Plus he has a tonne of experience that we're in desperate need of.

Kane wouldn't be on United's radar until Ibrahimovic was close to being out the door, and even then, he's got a lot to do between now and then to be worth what Spurs/Levy would demand. For that kind of money, the best strikers on the planet become viable targets
'

Yes because we don't play intricate football apparently and United do? From what I have seen they play hoofball. I swear most of these idiots have never seen Kane play either. He is one of the best in the team at playing intricate football.

PS. I don't care about who is better...etc pointless debate and Ibra has won everything.
Fuck Ibrahimovic. He goalhangs like an insufferable schoolchild and has done well for United this season because they're playing hoofball like a glorified Stoke.

I swear people like players because they're good on FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom