Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't doubt he was still running a lot, but you can do that at a slower speed/being tired.

It's a good point though - because the way Kane plays for us requires so much energy that an uninterrupted run of 71 PL games is probably going to be a bit knackering.
Can't have it both ways though. All of last year we were shown how fit we are by how far we run, we all saw the tables in the media (print/TV). They are churning out the same stats again this year, we are 3rd in the running table, behind Bin dippers and Citieh, everyone saying how fit everyone is. Yet, when it comes to Harry because he hasn't been playing that well, it's because he is knackered. BUT the stats to show how fit he was are similar to last year, he is out running most in the league but he is knackered apparently. No-one backing up the knackered claim other than "he's played a lot of football". Not exactly scientific, despite the data available to them to prove that he is fit, or at least the same data they used last year to show how fit he is.

If he is knackered, why is Poch picking him? Given the fact that he has all the data too, in fact such is the data available to Poch (they collect blood samples every day on every player & record via GPS his every movement) he has the ability to tell Kane what time he is going to take a shit.

Or he could just be out of form.

Or he could just be out of form.

Hit the nail on the head, mate. Ever since that swashbuckling performance on a windy Monday night in Stoke Harry has, let's admit it, been out of form. Hodgsons's decision to put him on corners and free kicks coupled with the pressure of being England's no.1 striker has probably affected him mentally as well. I agree he needs a break but not because he is physically tired.

Hit the nail on the head, mate. Ever since that swashbuckling performance on a windy Monday night in Stoke Harry has, let's admit it, been out of form. Hodgsons's decision to put him on corners and free kicks couple with the pressure of being England's no.1 striker has probably effected him mentally as well. I agree he needs a break but not because he is physically tired.

It's not all Woy's fault of course. The way last season ended probably affected him more than the other players as well. After all he is own of our own

:kaneear:

That is very much how the media will have "us" believe it. Despite statistically his running stats were still the highest in the league, that's the same stats that they use to show that Spurs are the fittest team in the league.

He could have been just out of form, a fairly common occurrence amongst young players.
Can you honestly say you've not seen any sign of him being laboured in his running compared to last season?

He might cover a lot of distance, because he's the type of guy that refuses to not run. But from what I've seen, he looks slower and more laboured than he did last season. As far as I can tell, the only explanation for that is that he's quite knackered. However instead of walking around and not putting as much effort in, he's seemed to be pushing his limits too far to me.

Can you honestly say you've not seen any sign of him being laboured in his running compared to last season?

He might cover a lot of distance, because he's the type of guy that refuses to not run. But from what I've seen, he looks slower and more laboured than he did last season. As far as I can tell, the only explanation for that is that he's quite knackered. However instead of walking around and not putting as much effort in, he's seemed to be pushing his limits too far to me.
He has been truly out of form everyone can see this. Why do you think Poch is playing someone so knackered, why would he do such a thing?

He has been truly out of form everyone can see this. Why do you think Poch is playing someone so knackered, why would he do such a thing?
Why not both?

Either way, the break will clear his head (and I do think that Kane falls into the trap of overthinking chances when he's out of form).

Personally, I do think he's looked more laboured - perhaps in frustration when he's failed to score.

Why would Poch start him? Perhaps because he thought it was too soon for Janssen, or the stick he'd get for dropping golden-boot-winning Kane.

I can't see HK wanting to go to Milan. He's at a bigger club at present and our future is particularly bright. But if he wanted to entertain their advances and the offer was 85m, I would take it. As soon as a player thinks of leaving, he is gone. So take the Fucken dough.

It's all pie in the sky anyway. He's one of our own

Back
Top Bottom