Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:llorishuh:

Come on, let's recognise this sounds a bit....premature?
I am not saying he is a bad player, I am saying he is not a gifted footballer. He doesn't have the natural ability others have. That just is not his game. I am struggling to understand how this is a difficult concept for people to grasp. He is a Kuyt sort of player. Which is fine, we need that sort of thing.

I am not saying he is a bad player, I am saying he is not a gifted footballer. He doesn't have the natural ability others have. That just is not his game. I am struggling to understand how this is a difficult concept for people to grasp. He is a Kuyt sort of player. Which is fine, we need that sort of thing.

He's 22 - are you seriously saying you are writing off his abilities based on 160mins of PL football? Wow.

I remember people doing that with Rose, Kane and Lamela.

The guy has been tracking back to our own half to perform great ball winning tackles, can hold the ball up, ha shown great awareness - but you're saying he's not gifted, despite the fact that he has the likes of Eriksen and Alli behind him, who are currently (on present form) ballooning shots into the stands instead of creating chances. Kane's passing has been statistically awful as well, so I don't know how you're expecting him to see any of the ball to show what you're judging him on.

Just saw this stat:

Kane scored just one goal in the 11 Premier League matches that Dembele did not start in 2015/16. With the Belgian in the first XI, Kane netted 24 times in 27 outings.

Another reason Dembele is so important to this team.

He's 22 - are you seriously saying you are writing off his abilities based on 160mins of PL football? Wow.

I remember people doing that with Rose, Kane and Lamela.

The guy has been tracking back to our own half to perform great ball winning tackles, can hold the ball up, ha shown great awareness - but you're saying he's not gifted, despite the fact that he has the likes of Eriksen and Alli behind him, who are currently (on present form) ballooning shots into the stands instead of creating chances. Kane's passing has been statistically awful as well, so I don't know how you're expecting him to see any of the ball to show what you're judging him on.
I am not writing off his abilities. I rate him highly. This inability to understand a basic point is getting to me. I am very hungover I don't care anymore. There are different types of players in this world. Lamela is a very very gifted footballer so I am not sure why he was used as an example. Most people saw that but he was weak. Eriksen is a very gifted player but is shit at the moment. If you want to tell me Janssen has great technical ability that is fine. In my opinion he does not but he does other things very well and btw I would start him.

I am not writing off his abilities. I rate him highly. This inability to understand a basic point is getting to me. I am very hungover I don't care anymore. There are different types of players in this world. Lamela is a very very gifted footballer so I am not sure why he was used as an example. Most people saw that but he was weak. Eriksen is a very gifted player but is shit at the moment. If you want to tell me Janssen has great technical ability that is fine. In my opinion he does not but he does other things very well and btw I would start him.

I just don't understand how you are judging him to be 'not gifted' or 'not very gifted'.

In the same sentence, you're saying Eriksen is 'very gifted' but not at the moment... I fail to see how you can recognise that one is and one isn't, without taking into account a longer time period to observe the other. It's a bit contradictory.

I just don't understand how you are judging him to be 'not gifted' or 'not very gifted'.

In the same sentence, you're saying Eriksen is 'very gifted' but not at the moment... I fail to see how you can recognise that one is and one isn't, without taking into account a longer time period to observe the other. It's a bit contradictory.
He's not gifted, he's a trier. I love his application, but it's obvious he's just that. Let's not go overboard because he plays for us. What did you think of Kane coming deep into our own half to pick up the ball? It all looks a bit wonky at the moment.

He's not gifted, he's a trier. I love his application, but it's obvious he's just that. Let's not go overboard because he plays for us. What did you think of Kane coming deep into our own half to pick up the ball? It all looks a bit wonky at the moment.

He's always done that, and Janssen does it too.

They're having to track back, imo, because the players behind them aren't carrying it forwards. Alli and Eriksen have been very poor, and it's crippling our dynamic.

He's always done that, and Janssen does it too.

They're having to track back, imo, because the players behind them aren't carrying it forwards. Alli and Eriksen have been very poor, and it's crippling our dynamic.
Ha ha, yes, I saw Janssen do it yesterday. A totally pointless exercise because if he'd actually won the ball there was no one to pass to. We look like a pack of dogs at the moment - very little intelligence, but everyone trying to please. How come these great players we have don't look like creating a genuine chance between them? We've looked shit for seven games now. It's very frustrating.

If Kane wants to be a top top player then he will need to adapt to the tactics asked of him which will differ from manager to manager and sometimes from one big match to another.

I have no qualms about the guy's ability or willingness to do that and if he makes the necessary and required adjustments to his play he will be all the better for it.

Most of his goals were scored from a more midfield type position, or just by being near the 6 yard box on set pieces.

I think he would actually be more effective in his scoring if he got more chances outside the box.

Nonsense. The memorable ones are from midfield positions, of course, but the majority came as a #9.

It's crazy to move the fucking Golden Boot winner.

If Poch wants Kane to play more like CAM for the sake of Janssen, I hope Kane learns a thing or two from Rooney during the international break. I wouldn't mind Kane being a well-rounded Striker!

I agree re him being more of a product of hard work than pure talent. But in my opinion he played his best football overall for us in 14/15 when he often came deep to involve himself in the game. Because he's a "trier" I think he needs more touches on the ball to get it right, and more space around him. He doesn't get that easily when he's packed in by two CBs and a DM.

Lad needs a rest. Asking him to keep up his level of production without a break is insane but we can't afford to so it's a tough situation. Bringing him on with 30-35 to go doesn't seem like a bad idea if we let Janssen lead the line.

When was the last time we created a 1v1 opportunity for Kane, let alone anyone? Our strikers have nothing to work with, we're really poor offensively
Not sure about Kane but there was that one Janssen put wide

I get what you mean though, not sure if teams have worked us out or we're just not warmed up properly

Not sure about Kane but there was that one Janssen put wide

I get what you mean though, not sure if teams have worked us out or we're just not warmed up properly

We're not firing on all cylinders........yet!
:dembelewtf:

Back
Top Bottom