Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope playing him at #10 won't be a regular thing. He won the Golden Boot ffs.

Most of his goals were scored from a more midfield type position, or just by being near the 6 yard box on set pieces.

I think he would actually be more effective in his scoring if he got more chances outside the box.

Most of his goals were scored from a more midfield type position, or just by being near the 6 yard box on set pieces.

I think he would actually be more effective in his scoring if he got more chances outside the box.
I agree, he'll have more space to play in & exploit with Janssen as a regular partner

True perhaps but do we really want Janssen going one on one? He puts himself about which is great but I am not sure he is a finisher or technically the best.

True perhaps but do we really want Janssen going one on one? He puts himself about which is great but I am not sure he is a finisher or technically the best.

I think that's exactly what he is, based on the goals he scored for AZ last season.

Bear in mind he's only just turned 22, he can't really be judged based on one and a bit games in a new league and new team - it took him 4 or 5 months to get going with AZ

Anonymous today.

I know we're literally 3 games in but I'm starting to believe those who feel Kane is wasted at #10 - just play them BOTH up front whilst whoever is closest to the ball at the time drops back to receive the ball to play it - it's almost as if we're playing Kane behind an inferior striker just to get them both on the pitch.

Play them both up top and let them create problems for both centre halves.

Anonymous today.

I know we're literally 3 games in but I'm starting to believe those who feel Kane is wasted at #10 - just play them BOTH up front whilst whoever is closest to the ball at the time drops back to receive the ball to play it - it's almost as if we're playing Kane behind an inferior striker just to get them both on the pitch.

Play them both up top and let them create problems for both centre halves.
Kane didn't play no10 today, he played so much deeper than that. He was picking the ball up in our own half. Janssen ran around and tried hard, and Deli was poor. So many 50/50 's he didn't even go for. We were terrible today. What's happened?

Kane didn't play no10 today, he played so much deeper than that. He was picking the ball up in our own half. Janssen ran around and tried hard, and Deli was poor. So many 50/50 's he didn't even go for. We were terrible today. What's happened?
It just seems strange to me. If Kane and Janssen play now, they have to simply play up top as a two or bring one on for the other.

Yeah, but Harry's like a faithful retriever. He takes his role so seriously. We look a bit thick at the moment.
It's a shame Walker got injured really - as I think with his pace on the right and Kane being up top on his own, we may have played ALOT better then we did, then who knows..

It's a shame Walker got injured really - as I think with his pace on the right and Kane being up top on his own, we may have played ALOT better then we did, then who knows..

I think we're at the crossroads between trying to implement what Poch wants and doing what comes naturally. It all looks a bit fucked up. I'm sure it will get sorted though, but there's no getting away from the fact that we were terrible today. Anyway, I'm off out. Chat later.

Kane was dropping far to deep today, was a throwback to Robbie Keane who loved to pick the ball up in his own half, play it wide, only for a cross to arrive with no one in the box!

Poch will need some time to sort how the two strikers interact

The 2 fullbacks are critical to our attack as they basically provide the only width in Poch's system. Not sure if Trippier is injured, but I suppose Poch may still have gone with Dier and more defence to deal with Liverpool's attacking players.

I agree, Kane was a bit too deep. I like the idea of playing a 4-1-3-2, especially since with both Dier and Wanyama at DM positions we look a bit congested.

Kane was picking up the ball today in areas that we saw our AM's pick up the ball last season. I think he was playing the position in the way that Pochettino wants the system to be implemented. Which is yet another reason why I don't want Kane playing behind Janssen.

Kane was picking up the ball today in areas that we saw our AM's pick up the ball last season. I think he was playing the position in the way that Pochettino wants the system to be implemented. Which is yet another reason why I don't want Kane playing behind Janssen.
I agree. The way Kane played today may be the way Poch wanted him to play, but 19 passes with 13 inaccurate passes?! I know we are only into our third game, but Kane playing behind Janssen (for 60 mins or so today) didn't seem to work out well. To Liverpool's credit, Mane did a hell of job coming down to mark Kane all the time today.

Lol. One of the best finishers you're likely to find, when on form.
'Lol' do tell me something I haven't seen (live by the way not on some shit stream where you claim some knowledge or fucking youtube. What am I missing? One of the best finishers? He has only had one period of form at the highest level about 6 months.
I am sorry but I have watched 160 minutes of the guy and he ain't the best technically. I can't see how anyone can disagree with that who has actually seen him. He runs about a lot I will give him that. I am sure he will score some goals; maybe 10-15 over a season in all comps. He scores goals 5 yards out where he can't miss (although we have seen he can). We need someone who can give him a ball. Having said all that I would much rather Kane was just up top.

Back
Top Bottom