Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glad to see Harry bang one in, but not to piss on the parade............ he was a little loose with the dribble yesterday, and gave it away several times. Last year he was throwing a shoulder into defenders and maintaining possession. This year, not so much.

Glad to see Harry bang one in, but not to piss on the parade............ he was a little loose with the dribble yesterday, and gave it away several times. Last year he was throwing a shoulder into defenders and maintaining possession. This year, not so much.

Agreed, his dribbling style will need some work as no doubt defenders are watching his game tape much more closely now. He hasn't got the feet of a little magician but he is at his best like you say when he dribbles into contact and comes out on top.

I think he surprised a lot of defenders last season with his direct approach but players are more prepared this time around. He will have to adapt his style slightly if he wants the same sort of dribbling success as last season, but with his work ethic and attitude I don't doubt it will come. Throw in some more technical close control to go along with his shift and run style and he will be a much harder man to lock down. As always - in Harry we trust.

He has 5 goals so far this season. I think he needs to get 20 goals for it being a good season for him. Still has a bit to go before he's back in for. We will be amazing if he gets back to the form from last season.
So 44 goals for Spurs now? Already passed Pav and Ade for Spurs and still so young. Many yet to pass. 2,5 season until he gets the 100 or could it be sooner?

Wikipedia says it's 42 goals but either way - he'll pass 50 this season barring injury.

How much would it mean to the club for Kane to pass 100?

I'll try to find out. Just asked Twitter!
:eriksenserious:

If he gets to 100 - and he will soon enough barring injuries, it will be huge for Spurs!

tumblr_nxvcy03QuC1qbpv1zo1_540.png

This made me laugh. Jealousy is an ugly trait.

Harry Kane has thanked Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino and his staff for helping him become of England’s leading strikers.

Kane scored 31 goals in 51 appearances in Pochettino’s first season at the club, and the 22-year-old has scored six Premier League goals already this term despite a tough start to the season in front of goal.

“They’ve been great, they are great people to have around, very enthusiastic and just try to get the best out of all their players,” Kane told the FA’s official website. “They give everyone a chance and if you work hard for the manager the rewards are there.

“The first year, last year, he did a lot of work with me around the box, the penalty area movement. He’s a defender and knows what to come up against as a striker. Little tips here and there have helped, and a lot of work in the gym.

“He still does a lot of that work with not just me but everyone, that explosive power work and you can see in our performances this season how that is a big part of our game, we’re fitter than most teams and that is a big part of what he wants.”

Kane has now set his sights on one-day beating Wayne Rooney's goals total, after seeing the Manchester United and England skipper net his 50th goal to become the country's all-time leading goalscorer.

Obviously it’s an amazing achievement for Wayne to be England’s all-time top goalscorer,”he continued. “I’ve just started on the England international scene but hopefully one day that could be me, scoring that many goals, but I know there is a long way to go before then and a lot of hard work.

“It’s just about doing what I can for now and doing things right, trying to score as many goals as possible.

“Maybe in 10 years we’ll see where I’m at. Hopefully still playing for England and still playing at a high level.”

That beautiful tackle to win the ball back close to the French box towards the end of the game had to be the teachings of Poch right? I mean that is a text book "tackle to steal the ball back" tackle.

Back
Top Bottom