Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane reminds me a bit of the way Gerrard went at Liverpool, at times feels he has to do everything by himself. It's a bit worrying the way Kane drops so deep and even takes corners. He's our target man and should be in the box a much as possible.

Kane reminds me a bit of the way Gerrard went at Liverpool, at times feels he has to do everything by himself. It's a bit worrying the way Kane drops so deep and even takes corners. He's our target man and should be in the box a much as possible.
Kane has a great shot, I'm okay with him trying long rangers. He also has good vision and passing, with more pace in the team he'll be very useful when he drops deep.
The corners today were more to do with getting on with things quickly as he was closest to the corner and we were running out of time.

You can tell his desperate for that first goal. He shouldn't panic, because the goals will come.

Ridiculous articles from Sky Sports already saying "What's happened to Harry Kane" really fuck me off.

Just remember, Kane didn't even start in the Premier League for us last season until November.

Media in this country fuck me off, constantly link a player away from a club all summer, even after he has said he wants to be a spurs legend, and then can't wait to get their greasy fucking paws on the lad to rip him apart because he hasn't scored a goal yet. And they then wonder why we do fuck all as a national team. Cunts.

Lack of confidence? 2nd season syndrome? Will Harry be able to cut it?

Fuck off, I can't stand this shit. Harry has played well so far this season barring a slight knock which has slowed him down a bit. He is hungry for that goal but I wouldn't even say he looks 'desperate' like people are throwing around. He misses one clear chance and now its curtains? Christ.

Fortunately from what I've seen and heard from Harry I don't think this pressure will get to him as he seems like a smart lad. I just wish it wasn't some Spurs fans spouting this shit.

Harry will cope with this. Pathetic how the media is just focussing on him. Where are the world-beaters of the "Champions League" clubs? Agüero had a good game against a Chelsea defense which got raped by Sako and Zaha yesterday, Benteke is nothing but a hoofball receiver at Pool, Giroud is crap as usual, Hazard and Costa barely contributed so far.

Kane does so much for our game, then the above players. He barely gets into the box as he has to help out in our build up play. The best example is the goal against Leicester.

Harry will cope with this. Pathetic how the media is just focussing on him. Where are the world-beaters of the "Champions League" clubs? Agüero had a good game against a Chelsea defense which got raped by Sako and Zaha yesterday, Benteke is nothing but a hoofball receiver at Pool, Giroud is crap as usual, Hazard and Costa barely contributed so far.

Kane does so much for our game, then the above players. He barely gets into the box as he has to help out in our build up play. The best example is the goal against Leicester.

Of the top players last season I would rate as below IMO

Aguero: 8 looked a handful almost every game.

Kane: 6 link/hold up play very good, pressing and working hard but shooting has been a little off

Hazard: 4 being totally off his game.

Giroud: 4 got one goal but doesn't do fuck all else. Modern strikers need to do more.

Benteke: 6 some good play against Woolwich, got a goal in another game but was crap against West Ham.

Sanchez 6: tough player to play against but yet to score.

he's a young lad, still showing lots of promise and great play so it's just the media getting under his skin. The crowd should be 110% behind him and when he'll break the barrier he'll be banging them left and right

Agree.

He's taking too many wild, hopeful shots. A CF also should be assisting, especially when he draws so much attention.
:kanewtf:

Hopefully the injection of pace from N'Jie and Son will at least give Harry options and friends in the final third. I was impressed with his link up play and final pass last year, this season he will need more of that as he will be locked out of the box more often.

The goals will come for Harry (they have to!!) but I think he'll be just as important for assisting the three behind him this year.

Back
Top Bottom