Georges-Kévin N'Koudou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel like we've all been robbed of the opportunity to spend 50 pages arguing over whether or not we want him, so that a year from now whichever side was proven "right" in the short term can dreg up old quotes to bash the other side over the head with when we're arguing about next summer's hotly debated transfer rumour.

:vdvhmm:
Check our SC. Its fucking mental over there

While clubs are spending 15 million pounds on Jordan Ibe or trying to give away 100m+ for Pogba, our transfer committee is quietly going around getting bargain after bargain for players with fantastic upsides that want to be apart of what we're building here at Spurs.

While clubs are spending 15 million pounds on Jordan Ibe or trying to give away 100m+ for Pogba, our transfer committee is quietly going around getting bargain after bargain for players with fantastic upsides that want to be apart of what we're building here at Spurs.
Was talking about this to someone today, the ridiculous pricing of players nowadays will actually help smart ran business clubs like us, Levy will be able to continue to manipulate other clubs to play obscene amounts for our players as we slowly use our academy and cut-price players (wanting to prove themselves) to eventually make ourselves very sustainable and offer players a lot more cheddar once we are in our shiny stadium.

Looks like this deal is close...

Where : SC
When : Sunday 17 July

'N'Koudou is real, N'jie not part of the deal financially, but as a possible loan sweetner'

:vertna::pochfacepalm:

Should be announced soon since he's had his medical. Excited for his transfer just because of his movement. We've been missing that for a little while and it'll give us a different dimension next season. Great bit of business for a bright prospect who should excel under Poch

Should be announced soon since he's had his medical. Excited for his transfer just because of his movement. We've been missing that for a little while and it'll give us a different dimension next season. Great bit of business for a bright prospect who should excel under Poch
Been doing a little research on him. As far as I can make out he favours the left side but can play on the right.
He can tackle and is a decent crosser. He loves to dribble and it's probably his biggest asset . Not bad defensively and can pass decently. However, he is very bad with his head and cannot hold the ball up and bring others into play.
I am sure for all those clips on you tube you could make another with his poor first touch and where he loses the ball often.
In fact if you look at his stats he is dispossessed on average 3 times a game in the French league and has bad control 2.5 times a game.
Thats over 2207 mins.
Compared to the players in his position in this supposedly more competitive league last season
Son got dispossessed 1.9 times and has 0.8 bad controls over 1107 mins
Chadli 938 mins and was dispossessed 0.7 and bad control 0.8

Ali played 2482 mins ( about 3 games more than Nkoudou) and on was dispossessed 2.5 times and bad control 2.5 times.
Lamela played 2385 mins and was dispossessed 2.1 times a game and 1.9 bad controls.
In fact Njie was dispossessd 1.4 and had 1.5 bad control the season before he came to us. He played about 7 games less than Nkoudou.

Last edited:
The fact it's taking so long to announce just shows that Clinton is definitely involved in the deal.

To be fair. Wanyama took long to announce and there were even pictures of him at the Spurs ground and holding the scarf before the official site even announced it.

No idea why they take so long to announce things.

I do not get this. We've got a dozen of very good to promising AMs. Why get a new one, if he won't immediately strengthen us?

I hope I'm wrong, but I truly don't think this guy will be a success.

I do not get this. We've got a dozen of very good to promising AMs. Why get a new one, if he won't immediately strengthen us?

I hope I'm wrong, but I truly don't think this guy will be a success.

Maybe because he's a genuine winger, not an AM? Maybe he would compliment the team if we go 4-4-2 ey to play Kane and Janssen occasionally? He's a different option.

(Cue millions of people telling me we don't play with wingers)

Maybe because he's a genuine winger, not an AM? Maybe he would compliment the team if we go 4-4-2 ey to play Kane and Janssen occasionally? He's a different option.

I think you're spot on.

People give Poch for not having a plan B. We're bringing in a player that offers us something different.

This is a shrewd signing.

No idea why they take so long to announce things.

I think it's smart.

again, I don't think it's anything other than building anticipation, which they know seems to make the fans froth at the mouth more and more.

Like a pretty girl who lets you see the flaps, but makes you wait to pop it in

I think Poch has evaluated what our squad can do, and where he wants to take us in terms of style of play. I think Poch is a good manager because he doesn't keep the same tactics, he develops them and makes his teams progress. All of our signings seem to share the characteristic of being able to best their opponents, they all have that in their locker, they have a dominance about them. I think our squad is starting to look very exciting and more difficult for oppositions to nullify.

I think it's smart.

again, I don't think it's anything other than building anticipation, which they know seems to make the fans froth at the mouth more and more.

Like a pretty girl who lets you see the flaps, but makes you wait to pop it in
There is always the selling club to consider too, may be they don't want it announced as they are busy trying to buy another player and it might help their negotiations if the other club doesn't think their pockets are bulging with Premier league money. Or we still haven't finished buying/selling yet and just suits us.

Or as you allude to could be a strategic marketing release of info to feed the fans. May be after him there will be no more signings, so why announce now as this will mean in 2 days after announcement fans want more! Probably already agreed 5 or 6 renegotiated contracts on existing team but deliberately holding those back and will also drip feed those to fans, feels like constant positive news spread throughout the window rather than blow your load in one go.

Having said that we fly off to Aus tomorrow so would be great PR to announce before they touch down as this creates a bit more news.

I feel like we've all been robbed of the opportunity to spend 50 pages arguing over whether or not we want him, so that a year from now whichever side was proven "right" in the short term can dreg up old quotes to bash the other side over the head with when we're arguing about next summer's hotly debated transfer rumour.

:vdvhmm:
He's fucking shit and has no place in our club

Best thing since sliced bread

There, I covered all of my bases

Agree we are short of proper winger. Townsend would have been ideal. Was impresed with his final few games for Toon last season. Kind of disappointed he left, as he was from the academy. But I guess his discipline failed him.

Back
Top Bottom