Georges-Kévin N'Koudou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was rather disappointing this evening - He seemed to show the exact opposite of what we've seen from him off the bench this season.

There was no directness and no use of his pace. Just seemed to cut back and play the safe option and even that at times was a struggle for him. His first start and it was at Anfield too, so hopefully he learns but all I got from him today were late Aaron Lennon vibes where we KNOW he has pace and can beat a man yet preferred not to. At least Lennon was great defensively.

Onwards and upwards GK.

Maybe he's the type of player who actually is better from the bench!

To be fair, if Sissoko hadn't 'done a Dembele' at the weekend, I'd imagine he'd have started ahead of either N'Koudou or Onomah... neither of whom had a great game, so maybe one of them (or both!) knew they were only there by default???

Maybe he's the type of player who actually is better from the bench!

To be fair, if Sissoko hadn't 'done a Dembele' at the weekend, I'd imagine he'd have started ahead of either N'Koudou or Onomah... neither of whom had a great game, so maybe one of them (or both!) knew they were only there by default???

I think he probably would have started ahead of Carroll and we'd have actually played Onomah in his correct position.

I don't want to shit on anyone's strawberries but I have to say he's made as much of an impact as Jose Dominguez, Scott Houghton, Andy Turner. I know we don't play with traditional wingers like we used to but I've seen one decent cross from him and a lot of running down blind alleys.The aforementioned players all turned out to be total gash - so I'm trying to keep my expectations low as fuck.

I concur. I thought Poch waited way too long to bring on his subs
This is my one minor gripe with Poch. He will often leave his attack minded substitutions until late in the game. The plan B never has enough time to be effective if a player doesn't have enough time to get up to the speed of the game sufficiently to influence it. I'd like him to mix it up a bit earlier sometimes when things aren't going to plan.

This is my one minor gripe with Poch. He will often leave his attack minded substitutions until late in the game. The plan B never has enough time to be effective if a player doesn't have enough time to get up to the speed of the game sufficiently to influence it. I'd like him to mix it up a bit earlier sometimes when things aren't going to plan.
Without looking, I think he brought on Winks in like the 82'? That's insanely too long to sub when we're obviously missing sparks to win the game.

Without looking, I think he brought on Winks in like the 82'? That's insanely too long to sub when we're obviously missing sparks to win the game.

May have actually been 86'. Also without looking.

He has definitely done this but thank god he's not subscribing to the Harry school of substitutions. I think in his last season Harry may have waited until injury time to sub in about a quarter of his matches. At least it felt like it. I recall some matches going 95 minutes with NO substitutions.

Granted this is probably more doable when the game plan is to FRAAB.:harrylol:

There wasn't much on the bench to put on to be fair to Poch. N'Koudou did well yes, but I don't blame Pochettino for not fully trusting him yet after N'Koudou's horrorshow vs Liverpool.
Yeah looked very light on the bench without Lamela and Sissoko. Even Edwards would have been nice.

Last edited:
Is he injured or another signing that's been consigned to the rubbish bin?

Seriously I'm not surprised we got rid of that bloke from Southampton if he has been responsible for crap signings we've been making

Back
Top Bottom