Gary Neville analysis of us on MNF

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep. Failing to score from set pieces has been a massive issue in the past.

We've had players like Defoe, Townsend, Soldafo, Lennon, Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby, Rose, Naughton etc attacking them making us look like an under 11s girl side.

With Ade, Kane, Dier, Walker, Kab, Vert, Capoue, Bentaleb, Moose, Sandro, Chadli etc steaming in we can get way more out of them.

I know you don't rate Paulinho, but a huge plus to his game is causing chaos in the box too. He does not score pretty goals, but he can bundle them in and has good positioning in the final third. I don't think his shooting can possibly have been much worse.

I've been a huge advocate of Etiksen taking all set pieces, but if Lamela does take the cornrrs from the right, at least you have Eriksen who can be world class if the ball drops to him from a knockdown.

Exciting stuff. It's about time we bullied teams and dazzled them at the same time. Eg, eriksen killing the ball dead after it came down with snow on it. If we compete in all areas, we can get rid of the soft spurs curse and still do it with style.

Another thing is we have some players who are actually good at headers for the first time since time began. Chadli for instance can direct a powerful header, has good technique.

The biggest failing under Redknapp was being shit at corners. That for me was the only major thing he failed to address sat all. I think Poch is already looking to improve that area of our game.

:dembele:

Lol unreal.

I said nothing different in that post from anything I've said in the the past on this board, you two have merely fabricated your own stories and misinterpretations as usual both now and previously. I'm sure you'll likely drag up quotes taken entirely out of context, relativity, and perspective (while ignoring other ones I've said along these same lines) reflecting only your own inane need to create and continue personal vendettas. But I hope I can save you both the time.

You win gents, as I think the time has come for me to bail. Just not worth it to me anymore (hell, I even had you both on ignore and could still see the evidence of you guys slingin the shit towards an entirely benign post), and I think you dudes could use a fresh hobby. I do sincerely apologize for any wrong I may have caused you in the past.

The rest of you is good people. Enjoyed it.
Your good people for sure. Maybe take a nice little vacation from TFC and we'll see you back here soon. Holla

Neville was on Sunday Supplement this morning, but presumably because he needs to be at the game early they did it live from the City press room - except they didn't have space big enough so they were all sort on these benches at really weird angles. They kept on fucking up the production as well.

All it did was show how self important the journo's are, asking Neville his opinion on something that he definitely has more knowledge and experience of and then just shouting him down.

Back
Top Bottom