Gary Neville analysis of us on MNF

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just broke down some area's where we have shown improvement already. He showed us closing down the opposition high up the pitch. Main thing he highlighted was that from the kick off last season we would pass the ball backwards, this season we have been making one pass back and then pumping it forward to a group of players who all sprinted from the half way line into one area, getting onto the ball in attack positions within a few seconds of kick off.

Carragher said we have always had creative players but it's about getting them to work hard and commit. Poch a training ground coach who will get the best out of players.

yeah our kick off and the southampton one from last season they showed was nearly identical to us yesterday so definitely something hes told'em how too play it.

Just broke down some area's where we have shown improvement already. He showed us closing down the opposition high up the pitch. Main thing he highlighted was that from the kick off last season we would pass the ball backwards, this season we have been making one pass back and then pumping it forward to a group of players who all sprinted from the half way line into one area, getting onto the ball in attack positions within a few seconds of kick off.

Carragher said we have always had creative players but it's about getting them to work hard and commit. Poch a training ground coach who will get the best out of players.

Incrediable, he said something positive about us.

Normally, him and Carragher always slag us off, saying how easy we are to beat and get under the skin of. Hopefully that will all change this season under Poch.

What I like is we have had a few meaningful games to break into new ways / tinker with it (W.Hm, QPR, LimX2)

Then Liverpool to see where we really are.

Agreed. We'll have a much more accurate sense of any improvement from that game. West Ham was a nervy and emotional opener on the road, QPR clearly very poor in midfield especially, and the Limassol game of yet clearly used to bring a few guys back up to speed.

Almost happy the 'pool game is so early, as it can provide either a motivational and learning tool, or a launchpad towards a strong season. Is up to the players to use it wisely, as I'm sure Poch will.

The way we beat QPR at the weekend (composed arrogance) and the result at Upton Park (gritty, work ethic for 95 minutes) these are the results and in the manner which any club aspiring for a top 4 finish should produce.
Of course we will be strongly tested against The Manx, Goons and Chelski. But if we can maintain the sort of performances/results against the mid to lower tier sides that we have seen already, (something that we have been short of previously), home and away then imo we have a very realistic chance of not only qualifying for CL
football this season but maintaining it too. For me add Schniederlin to this squad and the chance of that increases
by some considerable percentage.

Footnote! Maybe more wishful thinking than fact. But now Battieloopy has arrived at Anfield and some of the characters they already have. Sturridge, Skertile, Lovren, Lucas, Henderson. I can see them imploding.

The way we beat QPR at the weekend (composed arrogance) and the result at Upton Park (gritty, work ethic for 95 minutes) these are the results and in the manner which any club aspiring for a top 4 finish should produce.
Of course we will be strongly tested against The Manx, Goons and Chelski. But if we can maintain the sort of performances/results against the mid to lower tier sides that we have seen already, (something that we have been short of previously), home and away then imo we have a very realistic chance of not only qualifying for CL
football this season but maintaining it too. For me add Schniederlin to this squad and the chance of that increases
by some considerable percentage.

Footnote! Maybe more wishful thinking than fact. But now Battieloopy has arrived at Anfield and some of the characters they already have. Sturridge, Skertile, Lovren, Lucas, Henderson. I can see them imploding.

Good post, and I completely agree.

Liverpool have a real mess on their hands with trying to integrate all these new players while trying to keep the old happy, all the while trying to figure out how to move on after losing their new player. It isn't as similar to how things were for us last year, as these are higher caliber players (not necessarily more talented, but more proven in top leagues with more years under their belts) they've brought in on average, with higher expectations over their heads, and an existent squad in place already that will expect more given their success of the last year. I know it's early season and they're at the Etihad, but in this match right now they don't look half as energetic and determined as they did last season.

We keep it calm and collected, keep up that "arrogance" as you point out against the lower sides, and I see no reason we can't exploit Liverpool and Man U's messes in re-assortment.

Starts at about 26:30 in the pre-match.

Found it quite interesting, never watched his analysis before, but I thought it was pretty cool in showing some quick changes Poch has already put in.

Since it's me, and I've been too happy:

What the fuck is going on with these short corners?

It was good to see Lamela put a proper one in for the goal. (Even though I'd like to see Eriksen take every set piece regardless of which side it's on)

Liverpool have a real mess on their hands with trying to integrate all these new players while trying to keep the old happy, all the while trying to figure out how to move on after losing their new player. It isn't as similar to how things were for us last year, as these are higher caliber players (not necessarily more talented, but more proven in top leagues with more years under their belts) they've brought in on average, with higher expectations over their heads, and an existent squad in place already that will expect more given their success of the last year. I know it's early season and they're at the Etihad, but in this match right now they don't look half as energetic and determined as they did last season.

We keep it calm and collected, keep up that "arrogance" as you point out against the lower sides, and I see no reason we can't exploit Liverpool and Man U's messes in re-assortment.

You think we could get top 4 now?
Is that with or without Schniederlin?

Liverpool have a real mess on their hands with trying to integrate all these new players...

You completely agree? You wanted (hardcore) the players Liverpool signed and wanted to integrate them with other signings on top. ( kono, MS etc).

You were convinced lots of players we had could not fit Pochs system.

You completely agree? You wanted (hardcore) the players Liverpool signed and wanted to integrate them with other signings on top. ( kono, MS etc).

You were convinced lots of players we had could not fit Pochs system.

You're on his ignore list now so you can stop baiting him gibbsy me ol'mucker

You're on his ignore list now so you can stop baiting him gibbsy me ol'mucker

He's ignoring me? Again? The last 2 or 3 times where he's stated he's ignoring me usually comes with a little more fanfare and wounded grandstanding. Where is the sympathy rally?

Poch's system, saints players that Liverpool bought in and cahspurs insistence that we needed them is bang on subject, and I'm not making it up am I? I remember because he rallied to get me sin binned often enough on that exact subject.

What was he doing living in the transfer thread? Hoping nobody comes in? Haha.

I'm sorry I brought up things that happen. I've impacted my own enjoyment of the forum.

I'll stop.

He's ignoring me? Again? The last 2 or 3 times where he's stated he's ignoring me usually comes with a little more fanfare and wounded grandstanding. Where is the sympathy rally?

Poch's system, saints players that Liverpool bought in and cahspurs insistence that we needed them is bang on subject, and I'm not making it up am I? I remember because he rallied to get me sin binned often enough on that exact subject.

What was he doing living in the transfer thread? Hoping nobody comes in? Haha.

I'm sorry I brought up things that happen. I've impacted my own enjoyment of the forum.

I'll stop.
Oh do bore off mate. You've only just got back on here and you've started again. It really is tiring see you snipe at people in every thread. You want to raise someone's opinion in a discussion? Fine. But don't try and win arguments retrospectively. :leaveityeah:

Back
Top Bottom