Four weeks of hell.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You mean captain hindsight? Why is it that Verheijen always starts moaning after the player gets injured? Why could he not have told us in advance that Kane would sustain an injury when he did?
In fairness to Verheijen, he has been saying this a long time now, that Poch's training methods need to be less intense, he did an interview on TalkSport at the end of last season. Overall he is complimentary about Poch as a manager, he just thinks he needs to lay off the double training sessions.

Raymond Verheijen is a fucking tool, he only chirps up whenever a pressing team has an injury...not a fucking peep when we went all last season without a major injury...now the same training methods are shit because we have a few.

This is from his wikipedia page, sums him up perfectly...
Verheijen was appointed to the position of Assistant Manager to the Wales national team in February 2011, managed at the time by Gary Speed and in March 2011 made the news for his use of Twitter.

Two weeks after the death of Wales' national team manager Gary Speed, Verheijen said that he would like to become the new Wales manager and continue Speed's legacy (he described it as "Gary's wish"). His comments courted controversy, Speed had been buried two days earlier and the comments were considered by some to be inappropriate. They were described as "selfish" by former Wales international Iwan Roberts. In January 2012, he suggested that Wales should hire a foreigner as their new manager. On 19 January 2012, Chris Coleman was appointed Wales team manager as successor to his friend Gary Speed. Verheijen's contract was due to expire at the end of 2011, but he remained in the position until February 2012, when he resigned. In December 2012 Verheijen criticised the FAW, stating that they had "destroyed" the "legacy" of Gary Speed. On 10 October 2015, Wales' qualification for UEFA Euro 2016 was confirmed meaning that Coleman had led Wales to their first tournament qualification since 1958.

It's great that Poch has sorted out Tottenham's defensive issues (which have existed ever since I attended my first Spurs game in 89). That's the main reason we are now in the Champions League. For that I am very grateful to him.
My point is that Poch needs to change his training methods, that's all. I'm not calling for him to be sacked.

No, our defence paid a part in us getting champions league football, but the real reason we got there is from scoring goals...... our defence is still doing its jobs now, (best in premier league so far) and apparently this consistutes as 4 weeks hell?

Sunderland have had four months in hell...what they wouldn't give for our last four weeks.

so if we don't win Sunday (I think we will) does someone then edit this thread to 5 weeks in hell?

Like I said before if this is hell, I can't wait to go to heaven, guessing it would have to be Champions league winner, invincibles and PL winner, FA Cup, EFL cup, charity shield winners and due to our amazing form they would break all the rules and let us compete in Europa league as well and obviously we would win that!!! Might as well give Poch a knighthood!!!
:allitongue::sonlol::vert::harrylol::bentley::adelol::adethumbup:

Charming. I have a Phd in English as it happens, perhaps you would rewrite that for me too?
The Dutch training expert Raymond Verheijen (who I dare say knows more about this issue than you do) has also criticised Poch's training methods, and fatigue leads to injuries. Here's what he said about Kane:
“What probably has happened is that Pochettino has trained them too hard, too soon in pre-season, and twisting your ankle is a typical injury when you have accumulated fatigue.”
Eriksen and Alli are non-injured creative players who have also lost their edge.
The solution is simple - don't push the players so hard in training.
I knew it! Haha Dutch training EXPERT do me a favour! Google his name and look at his CV mate, he hasn't had a job in footbal in years! I wounder why? I would have expected a man of such expertise to have the elite football teams from arround the world demanding his services.

His agenda is simple, he has written a book, he is selling this book. He uses the media to raise his profile buy making headline accusations about a club, it's not just Spurs, he has been highly critical of the scum, manure and the bin dippers, in fact the dippers get it in the neck more than us. Think for a second why he has chosen these teams to target, it just might be because the big clubs with big fan bases and his comments are more likely to get picked up because of it. This of cause is exactly the objective, he now gets on a show and/or in print and at every occasion he gets to mention he has produced a book.

He is a self publicist, hawking his book, which lets face it is never going to be a best seller given the subject matter. No one has heard of him before his book, no one would of heard of him if he was criticizing Accrington Stanley.

Why do you believe the words of a man that you too had never heard of and no nothing about?

Charming. I have a Phd in English as it happens, perhaps you would rewrite that for me too?
The Dutch training expert Raymond Verheijen (who I dare say knows more about this issue than you do) has also criticised Poch's training methods, and fatigue leads to injuries. Here's what he said about Kane:
“What probably has happened is that Pochettino has trained them too hard, too soon in pre-season, and twisting your ankle is a typical injury when you have accumulated fatigue.”
Eriksen and Alli are non-injured creative players who have also lost their edge.
The solution is simple - don't push the players so hard in training.

Only asking you because of your PHD thingy....
But shouldn't the thread be called 4 weeks IN hell as opposed to of hell?
And I know we should keep the topic to football but a thread like this is a joke so I'm treating it as such.....
:allitongue:

4 weeks of hell? Are we fucking serious.... if this is hell I would love to see your interpretation of heaven!
get a grip please....
You seem to already defined heaven in a previous post. More accurately, "NOT HELL" would be not dropping points to teams who should be cannon fodder for us. At the moment, our attacking options come to nothing. As has already been noticed in this thread a number of midfield/forward players just aren't performing. Whether it's Pochettino's training methods or the introduction of less-than-quality players I don't know. Probably a combination. Compared to other teams' injuries we have too many players becoming unable to play.
Fattynomates said:
Only asking you because of your PHD thingy....
But shouldn't the thread be called 4 weeks IN hell as opposed to of hell?
And I know we should keep the topic to football but a thread like this is a joke so I'm treating it as such.....
No it shouldn't. So keep on laughing at the joke.

Last edited:
You seem to already defined heaven in a previous post. More accurately, "NOT HELL" would be not dropping points to teams who should be cannon fodder for us. At the moment, our attacking options come to nothing. As has already been noticed in this thread a number of midfield/forward players just aren't performing. Whether it's Pochettino's training methods or the introduction of less-than-quality players I don't know. Probably a combination. Compared to other teams' injuries we have too many players becoming unable to play.

No it shouldn't. So keep on laughing at the joke.

Just hell is a place, so you should be in hell as opposed to of hell, as I don't say I am having 4 weeks off London for my holidays do I?
And if your idea of not hell is not dropping points? Maybe 4 weeks of hell not a good example for this thread, maybe should have called it "4 weeks of slightly bad form but still doing alright to be unbeaten"

Let's see what happens this afternoon any way.

Every game is painful to watch. I honestly believe that Potch is AVB reincarnated. Six games now without a goal from open play. I was once told that football is meant to be entertaining, but the person who told me may have been mistaken. I have had enough, Poch out !!

Every game is painful to watch. I honestly believe that Potch is AVB reincarnated. Six games now without a goal from open play. I was once told that football is meant to be entertaining, but the person who told me may have been mistaken. I have had enough, Poch out !!

Maybe you should get your eyes tested old boy?
:pocheyes:

That is the worst attempt at trolling I have seen in a long time.

That is the worst attempt at trolling I have seen in a long time.

No trolling mate. For some strange reason there is an element of supporters who see poch as a God, I see him as a slightly improved version of AVB, and no better. The football is absolute agony to watch, and the manager doesn't have a plan B. Can you honestly tell me that out players aren't better than the crap they are dishing up ?

I said at the beginning of the season he won't make it until the end, now I am thinking Christmas.

No trolling mate. For some strange reason there is an element of supporters who see poch as a God, I see him as a slightly improved version of AVB, and no better. The football is absolute agony to watch, and the manager doesn't have a plan B.
Apart from when whe changed our system to 4141 this season or played 3 at the back at the weekend?
Can you honestly tell me that out players aren't better than the crap they are dishing up ?
I would say a lot of players have actually played better than their level under Pochettino.

Change of user name maybe.... if you're gonna be a unenlightened, reactionary moron... then at least stay relevant?

Last edited:
No trolling mate. For some strange reason there is an element of supporters who see poch as a God, I see him as a slightly improved version of AVB, and no better. The football is absolute agony to watch, and the manager doesn't have a plan B. Can you honestly tell me that out players aren't better than the crap they are dishing up ?

I said at the beginning of the season he won't make it until the end, now I am thinking Christmas.
Lol what the hell, Pochettino has taken over Spurs when we were in an absolute mess and turned things around to make us title contenders in the next season. I think most people fail to realize that and that we should be grateful to Pochettino for all the work he's done. I didn't see anyone moan last season when we were chasing Leicester for the title, now all the football experts pop up out of nowhere...

Back
Top Bottom