Forget the league, let’s win a cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Suppose we might as well, we finish 10th I can live with it even if we only manage a final and not the cup, just want some drama with spurs again in the right way. Love a trip to wembley.

Pretty much what I was saying at the start of the season, I wanna see silverware and the Lge Cup is a major trophy, albeit the most minor of the 5 on offer. (Realistically for us there's only 3 this season, and pretty much any season in the Prem era).

There's a slight concern with this, its that well be putting all out eggs in one basket, any lost game eliminates us. Whereas the league allows for off days.

There's a slight concern with this, its that well be putting all out eggs in one basket, any lost game eliminates us. Whereas the league allows for off days.

I think as log as we are not in a relegation fight it's fine I would take 15th if it meant winning the league cup and Europa league.

Lets just start by winning the next game, then win the following game..... Sorry to say the obvious. Many of us would remember "Bull Durham" - i'm just happy to be here, just gonna take it one game at a time.... Stay in the mix for as many competitions as we can.
I want the League, EL, FA and League Cups.
Take that Daily Mail up the ar$e.

I couldnt give two fucks about coming 4th, said it for ages... History doesnt remember who was 4th best. Or even 2nd. Im all for the cups, preferably the FA Cup. The obsession with coming 4th is the result of the modern game and the money that comes with it. Id love us to get in the Champs League, of course, but realistically that ship sailed when Levy failed to back Redknapp when he needed players, and then AVB as well.

I couldnt give two fucks about coming 4th, said it for ages... History doesnt remember who was 4th best. Or even 2nd. Im all for the cups, preferably the FA Cup. The obsession with coming 4th is the result of the modern game and the money that comes with it. Id love us to get in the Champs League, of course, but realistically that ship sailed when Levy failed to back Redknapp when he needed players, and then AVB as well.

The whole economics of it though a few top 4 places and the money can fund more players and we can attract more as well. But I agree I'm more about the cups, a trip to wembley and the glory than top 4 myself.

My history with Spurs has always been as a Cup side. My best memories are mostly to do with the FA Cup, it is still worth winning and it does have magic about it that other cup competitions simply cannot match. Although I really enjoyed our sojourn in the Champions League, maybe it has created an unrealistic expectations. Mid-table and any Cup victory would do me.

i've been thinking about it aswell. The league cup will be fun this year as us and liverpool are going to prioritize it. Would love it if we beat them in the final

My earliest and best memories of spurs are cup runs with spurs.Thats when I use to go regularly when I was a kid.
We should rekindle this flame and embrace it.
I didn't go for many years and my first game was last year against hull and was shocked by the negativity of those around although stuck in the west stand granted.
I feel we really should take the cups really seriously and some of these players should watch re runs of old cup runs and see what it means to the real fan.
Really enjoyed the Brighton game and priority for me is 1882 cup games and really get behind the team.Well done team.

The Champions league has almost become what the FA cup used to be in terms of the status and meaning attached to it, where as the FA Cup is now like what the Coca Cola Cup used to be. I'd like to see the magic return to our homegrown competitions especially the FA Cup and see this incredible obsession with Champions league and its money bugger off!

Back
Top Bottom