Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know we aren't but if we are aiming for Champs league that's who we will be coming up against :paulinhofacepalm:

Not really sure why you're facepalming when what you're saying is pretty fucking stupid.

So you expect us to have the squad depth similar to clubs who are European giants and regularly spend £50m+ in every window on some of the best players in the world, putting them on obscene wages whilst we're currently in the Europa League and have no promise of making the Champions League?

Not really sure why you're facepalming when what you're saying is pretty fucking stupid.

So you expect us to have the squad depth similar to clubs who are European giants and regularly spend £50m+ in every window on some of the best players in the world, putting them on obscene wages whilst we're currently in the Europa League and have no promise of making the Champions League?
I'm face palming because everyone wants/expects Champs league football from us but seems happy enough to have second rate mediocre players. I'm saying that if we want to hit similar levels to these teams then we can't settle of that.. Dortmund never seem to spend super amounts of money but they manage to hold their own (this season excluded.) Fazio is another second rate player that we got because the Musacchio deal didn't happen

I'm face palming because everyone wants/expects Champs league football from us but seems happy enough to have second rate mediocre players. I'm saying that if we want to hit similar levels to these teams then we can't settle of that.. Dortmund never seem to spend super amounts of money but they manage to hold their own (this season excluded.) Fazio is another second rate player that we got because the Musacchio deal didn't happen
He just transferred here from Spain a few months ago. He just started getting regular game time recently. Remember how Chadli did last year? Look at him now. Lets give him a chance to settle in for gods sake. He did win the Europa league last year, something we couldn't do. Anyways, everyone is playing like shit right now. I can't imagine having to come into this struggling team and adapt to a new league. How bout we stop shitting on players that just arrived here and give him a chance? Lets back some of the players instead of shitting on them.

He played at left back today. Da fuq. Very strange.

Edit: This isn't a joke. He legit played at left back for Argentina. I would kill to see him run up and down the wing for the comedy effect alone.
He didn't play left back. He partnered Vergini at centre half and he was largely untroubled as you'd expect from a Croatia second string side. I like Fazio. I know, seems rare that a Spurs fan is supporting a new signing doesn't it? - I think he just needs time to develop a partnership with Vertonghen and get Kaboul as far away from the club as possible.

He didn't play left back. He partnered Vergini at centre half and he was largely untroubled as you'd expect from a Croatia second string side. I like Fazio. I know, seems rare that a Spurs fan is supporting a new signing doesn't it? - I think he just needs time to develop a partnership with Vertonghen and get Kaboul as far away from the club as possible.

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2014/11/12/world/friendlies/argentina/croatia/1959347/

This clearly says he played LB? Could be wrong, but I doubt it.

How did Fazio do?
As mentioned before, largely untroubled but as to be as expected from arguably a reserve Croatia side. He is good with the ball at his feet as I saw numerous times at Sevilla and again last night, which is why it's strange seeing him so awkward at times with ourselves. He's more than capable of Premier League football and I think with time, him and Vert could provide a strong partnership, you have the "cultured" better on the ball defender in Vertonghen and then someone who is good in the air beside him in Fazio.

Not sure Poch sees it that way with Kaboul being preferred.

I saw the game last night, and as Totti Totti says Fazio played fine. He made a couple of decent blocks and even had a burst forward past a couple of croats.

I don't understand the people on here mocking him and deriding him. He looks like a decent CH to me. Fazio and Verts should be first choice CB.

I mean let's be honest though, Fazio hasn't looked any better than Kaboul this season (and against lesser competition, to boot).... different name same result, unfortunately.

“I think at Tottenham they have very good players who can fight for first position in the Premier League and fight for the Champions League and the Europa League,” he said.

Would rather hear this kinda delusion than being told off by our players!

Dortmund have had some great breaks with recruiting, but although they're the plucky underdog against Bayern, they're still the second-biggest club in Germany by a significant amount.

They ran themselves into the ground mid-2000s, and the narrative is skewed a bit because of that. Dortmund are not one of the little guys though. They really should be in the Champion's League every year, and pay accordingly.

Federico Fazio believes Tottenham have the players at their disposal to challenge for the title - but only if they can operate as a unit.

The 27-year-old Argentina international moved to White Hart Lane in the summer but, like many new faces at Spurs over the last 18 months, he has struggled to make an impact.

Having already picked up two red cards in just nine first-team outings, Fazio is yet to show the type of form which saw him at the heart of the Sevilla team that won the Europa League last season.

1415926494135_Image_galleryImage_Argentina_s_Federico_Fazi.JPG

Federico Fazio has struggled to make an impact since joining Tottenham in the summer

Mauricio Pochettino's tenure at Tottenham has not started well, with the former Southampton boss seeing his side lose four of their six Barclays Premier League home games so far this campaign.

Despite their stuttering start, as well as the uncertainty over the future of the ownership, new stadium and chairman Daniel Levy, Fazio feels the sheer talent can shine through.

The defender disagreed with Emmanuel Adebayor that the club's supporters had to stop showing their dissatisfaction and has instead urged the players to gel together and turn their form around.

'I think at Tottenham we have very good players who can fight for first position in the Premier League,' he said.

1415926547384_wps_78_Argentina_s_Federico_Fazi.jpg

Fazio played in Argentina's 2-1 win over Croatia at Upton Park on Wednesday

'We can fight for the Champions League and the Europa League. But we need to improve like a team, to be like a team because I think we have got very good players.

'I think this (fan's jeering the players) is not the problem. We need to play like a team on the pitch. I think that we have very good players, good enough to be higher in the Premier League.

'There have only been 10 or 11 matches. We need to improve some things but I think we will stay in the top positions of the Premier League.'

Fazio played in Argentina's 2-1 win over Croatia at Upton Park on Wednesday evening, operating alongside Sunderland's Santiago Vergini in the centre of Gerardo Martino's defence.

1415926698447_wps_79_Tottenham_Hotspur_s_manag.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino's tenure at Tottenham has not started well with four home defeats from six games

A deflected Cristian Ansaldi strike and a Lionel Messi penalty saw Argentina come from behind to win their friendly, with a trip to face Portugal at Old Trafford next up for Martino's side.

Fazio enjoyed his outing and is keen to keep club woes out of his mind as he looks to add to his three senior caps at the home of Manchester United on Tuesday.

'I was happy to give a good performance in this friendly match,' he added.

'The most important thing was to win for Argentina. We need to win all of our matches and I am very happy for this.

'I'm with the national team and so I only think about Argentina. About the national team. We did very well in this match and I am very happy for this.'

Back
Top Bottom