Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Captain of Sevilla, winners of the Europa league...
Remove Kaboul and Rose, maybe we will be giving him a chance.

Oh mate come off it, he is so uncomfortable on the ball it hurts, he looks like a rabbit in the headlights. He is almost as slow as that big cunting German down the Seven Sisters Road and that is saying something. It speaks volumes that he has already been sent off twice this season for being caught wrong side.

I am not the knee jerk type but this guy has shown me nothing that would suggest he has a future at Spurs, cut our losses.

Oh mate come off it, he is so uncomfortable on the ball it hurts, he looks like a rabbit in the headlights. He is almost as slow as that big cunting German down the Seven Sisters Road and that is saying something. It speaks volumes that he has already been sent off twice this season for being caught wrong side.

I am not the knee jerk type but this guy has shown me nothing that would suggest he has a future at Spurs, cut our losses.
Did you see the red for the European game?
I don't think it warranted a walk in any scenario.
I saw some shitty clearances, but you are singling out 1 player for the 90 minutes of disaster, and selecting him as he has come in for only that match.
Yet we have been a disaster in every game we have played.
The problem is somewhere else.

He made a good challenge to prevent a 3rd goal today, after Adebayors first touch of the game.
Also tracked well to get in a block after I think Capoue lost the ball in the centre circle.

Did you see the red for the European game?
I don't think it warranted a walk in any scenario.
I saw some shitty clearances, but you are singling out 1 player for the 90 minutes of disaster, and selecting him as he has come in for only that match.
Yet we have been a disaster in every game we have played.
The problem is somewhere else.

He made a good challenge to prevent a 3rd goal today, after Adebayors first touch of the game.
Also tracked well to get in a block after I think Capoue lost the ball in the centre circle.

Yes I did see the red card for the European game and although it was a soft red card he should never have found himself in that position.

I am not slating Fazio purely based on today's performance but on what I have seen from him over the course of the season so far. I am also not singling him out, today there were four or five players who simply put were not good enough. Capoue, Dembele, Kaboul and Eriksen to name a few.

He may have made a couple of decent tackles but that is his job, there were plenty of missed tackles, misplaced passes and general mistakes to outweigh anything remotely positive he did. He doesn't even dominate in the air, despite his aerial advantage.

It speaks volumes that he has already been sent off twice this season for being caught wrong side.

He's only been sent off 6 in his entire career, 2 of them were with us within the space of 4 months. The other 4 came over a period of 7 years. Interestingly, he's got as many yellows as he has red...

Agree he looked panicky today and scared. Strange, because Stoke aren't a great side. Seems like whatever defender we play they are all scared of coming out and making a tackle. Comes down to low confidence, poor management and awful communication (from Kaboul especially). Doesn't help that he can't build a partnership up with anyone (LB, CB and CM all change from Europa to Prem).

He's only been sent off 6 in his entire career, 2 of them were with us within the space of 4 months. The other 4 came over a period of 7 years. Interestingly, he's got as many yellows as he has red...

Agree he looked panicky today and scared. Strange, because Stoke aren't a great side. Seems like whatever defender we play they are all scared of coming out and making a tackle. Comes down to low confidence, poor management and awful communication (from Kaboul especially). Doesn't help that he can't build a partnership up with anyone (LB, CB and CM all change from Europa to Prem).

I think he will work best with verts..
mertasacker slow as fuck but withm koseinly his aitte.

I think Fazio and Verts is our best CB pairing at the moment

Making Kaboul captain has set us back massively - Dear Poch got this one wrong, imv

Fazio looks calamitous! We shouldn't have signed a second best CB when we didn't get who we wanted. It doesn't look like Fazio can cope with the pace ofthe PL. I think once again we have wasted our money with a player that was decent in Spain and is now a hindrance for us.

For sure, but he very rarely would give the ball away from our own box. He was always capable of finding row Z. I was one of his biggest fans, but also thought the time was right to let him go. After watching yesterday's game, I am not so sure.
We still had to let him go. We just had to replace him with someone much better. Perhaps Dier is that CB but it doesn't look like it will be Fazio

No but he's not first choice is he? Walker is first choice and a fine right back, unfortunately he appears to have had a stomach transplant for the past year and we've forgotten about him.

No but he's not first choice is he? Walker is first choice and a fine right back, unfortunately he appears to have had a stomach transplant for the past year and we've forgotten about him.
I know he isn't first choice but he isn't good enough... How many Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern, City, Barca, Dortmund players do you watch and think they aren't good enough but its okay because they're second choice?

Let's not write off Fazio yet. He is being put into a back line that looks unsettled at best and cannot be expected to be the #1 guy straight away. He has looked good in spells but bad in spells too. If he can gain some consistency he will be very useful to us. A proven winner and seems to have a good character.

The guys is a doctor so if he is truly shit he can just be a physio or something anyway.

Back
Top Bottom