Everywhere we go

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It really is amazing how far away from home you can be and you can still catch a game with a crowd of fellow Spurs supporters. The passion and commitment is genuine, especially for those where the time difference means being awake at silly o'clock in the morning.

Was in Tom Mayes this year when I was over for the Roi v Poland match took in the Dublin v Derry league(Gaa) game on the Saturday as I had never stood on the hill.Lashed down with rain and ended up in the pub after the match.Quietly having a few scoops geezer walks in with a woolwich scarf on keep it quite for a few minutes then asked him are they playing?then I get the whole history of their irish players the kind barman then told me that the Dublin spurs have their hq there.

It really is amazing how far away from home you can be and you can still catch a game with a crowd of fellow Spurs supporters. The passion and commitment is genuine, especially for those where the time difference means being awake at silly o'clock in the morning.
This happened to me in Norway. Was on holiday in Bergen. When on holiday anywhere in the world I will always try and catch the Spurs game in a bar if we are playing. I went into a place called Football Puben, not really expecting to see the game, thinking they'll probably have Man Utd or Liverpool on if any English football. We were playing Stoke away. Not only was the game on (as well as various other games from the Premiership and Championship), there were about twenty passionate Spurs fans their with scarves etc on. We got talking and I am very good friends with them to this day, they come over about twice a year for games, and I have been back there over to see Brann (local team) play with some of them.

Some years ago I was in the wilds of Connemara for Christmas at the in laws. It was snowing heavily and bitterly cold. Went into a pub advertising Sky Sports.
They were showing the West ham game at the Lane. It was Boxing Day, we won 2- 0.
There were three Spurs fans in there. COYS!

Its our club and I would shout a beer with any Spurs supporter, anywhere , anytime.

Back
Top Bottom