Evens itself out over the season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower

Supporter
WALOB

I'm sure every team feels the same, but we've been fucked over for years.

We don't even get 'home' decisions from refs.

I used to think it was because had a relatively small ground, but even with 80,000 at Wembley we get nothing.

It’s probably more to do with the likes of Woolwich and United game after game and season after season getting incredible decisions.

Think the stat last season was United had something like 9 offside goals count and 9 onside goals scored against them given offside.

Don’t think we get any worse than most teams, it’s jsut the refereeing of Woolwich and United is dodgy as fuck.

It’s probably more to do with the likes of Woolwich and United game after game and season after season getting incredible decisions.

Think the stat last season was United had something like 9 offside goals count and 9 onside goals scored against them given offside.

Don’t think we get any worse than most teams, it’s jsut the refereeing of Woolwich and United is dodgy as fuck.

I agree. But the excuse was always "a big home crowd shouts and the ref is gives it"

I'm absolutely fine with that if it's universally applied .....it isn't

I agree. But the excuse was always "a big home crowd shouts and the ref is gives it"

I'm absolutely fine with that if it's universally applied .....it isn't

I agree, but also wonder how much of it is down to players harassing / surrounding the ref. Fergie's utd were very good at that. I'm guessing we're a bit more civilised in that respect.

I'd also say chelsea were expert at evading bookings while breaking up the opposition's rhythm with shitty, little fouls. They've been getting away with it for years.

I agree, but also wonder how much of it is down to players harassing / surrounding the ref. Fergie's utd were very good at that. I'm guessing we're a bit more civilised in that respect.

I'd also say chelsea were expert at evading bookings while breaking up the opposition's rhythm with shitty, little fouls. They've been getting away with it for years.

I’ve noticed Kante can make a good 3/4 fouls before the referee even considers booking him. Although that was the same at Leicester.

Does this mean that Man City are about to go on a 13-game losing run?

Which'll be handy, 'cos we go there in a couple weeks!

I get the point you're making, but it's NEVER as black and white as that.

Had ALL the decisions we've had for and against us been reversed over the last few years, I wonder where in the league we'd be??

Having said that, im still looking forward to the day the Mendes 'Goal' at OT evens itself up in our favour... it's coming up for 12 years in the making that one... it'll be a corker.... or just a corner!
.... oh no hang on, 'cos NOW they've got Goal line technology... so it can NEVER happen again.
they've actually shut the door on the notion that things even themselves up.
They don't... they just keep on getting worse on a fucking L⚽⚽P

....and it was Cuntenberg reffing!

That was the moment any notion of swings OR roundabouts died for me!

This would be the drawback of having a younger group of players, they haven't learnt all those little tricks to break up play without conceding yellows etc.

Are people forgetting that Watford should have had a penalty right at the death?

We definitely got away with one there.
Not really. The ref was having a shite game so because he was not 100% doesn't give it and because he gave the red card earlier it would even things out. He may have done if he was having a different game. IMO.

Are people forgetting that Watford should have had a penalty right at the death?

We definitely got away with one there.
Absolutely true, but that reffing was a farce. Sanchez was a very harsh red, but by the same measure they should have had a sending off for constantly hauling Kane down and kicking him to pieces. We also had a penalty shout that was ignored...

Horrible game. The standard of reffing in the PL disgusts me.

Does this mean that Man City are about to go on a 13-game losing run?

Which'll be handy, 'cos we go there in a couple weeks!

I get the point you're making, but it's NEVER as black and white as that.

Had ALL the decisions we've had for and against us been reversed over the last few years, I wonder where in the league we'd be??

Having said that, im still looking forward to the day the Mendes 'Goal' at OT evens itself up in our favour... it's coming up for 12 years in the making that one... it'll be a corker.... or just a corner!
.... oh no hang on, 'cos NOW they've got Goal line technology... so it can NEVER happen again.
they've actually shut the door on the notion that things even themselves up.
They don't... they just keep on getting worse on a fucking L⚽⚽P

....and it was Cuntenberg reffing!

That was the moment any notion of swings OR roundabouts died for me!

This one is old as f*** but still pisses me off. But we were never getting that one at old trafford. Shows just how much those officials took the brown envelope from the powers that be.

Things might even out if you are a Sky team, but for the rest of us its total shite.
Something meaningless uttered to placate people is all that statement is.

So we got one decision go our way, it was about time really though.

Just wait for the next game where the ref will try to 'even' that up against us.

We have had decisions in our favour especially at WHL against smaller teams. However we seem to not get decisions against the other top teams and this season had very little.

This whole concept is moronic. Won't eradicate until we get some form of video refereeing.

Unfortunately FIFA's implementation of it seems to have been a purposeful attempt to sabotage its introduction

Marco Silva complaining about a red card today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same guy repeatedly fouled Kane and Alli last week........he was bound to get pulled up on one eventually

"Evens itself out" for Watford today, not for us though.

Marco Silva complaining about a red card today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same guy repeatedly fouled Kane and Alli last week........he was bound to get pulled up on one eventually

"Evens itself out" for Watford today, not for us though.
That cunt should have been sent off last week. Repeatedly chopped or hauled Kane down. Easy second yellow.

That cunt should have been sent off last week. Repeatedly chopped or hauled Kane down. Easy second yellow.

I keep on seeing games where the officials are the biggest influence on the result out of everyone involved, certainly several of our last few games - even our game today the ref started to protect Stoke's pride in the second half. That's not his job.

I keep on seeing games where the officials are the biggest influence on the result out of everyone involved, certainly several of our last few games - even our game today the ref started to protect Stoke's pride in the second half. That's not his job.
The poor quality of English reffing is why I advocate more technology in the game. I'm so glad that goal line tech has removed that ref's ability to influence the game.

Back
Top Bottom