Europa League 2012/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To the Lazio fans, I look forward to hearing/seeing you inside White Hart Lane. I think we should all give them a chance.
I mean look at 1984 in Holland. Many in Holland still see us as thug hooligans.

Indeed. Many attribute the growth of hooliganism in Holland to our little visit. Also on one of the forums linked to by Biancocelesti, they were talking about whether a visit to Tottenham would be safe. Some of them posted quotes of this thread, stuff like "let's kick the shit out of the nazi cunts". I mean we know how that stuff was meant, but it could easily give the wrong impression to any non-violent Lazio fans who are considering making the trip.

Let me praise last posts - as a non-violent, non-racist, Lazio fan hating fascism (rest assured we are the vast majority), I need to share views, passion and commitment (yeah, the commitment to kick racism/fascism) with you all, rather than being put in a virtual cage with those idiots we daily fight.

Unfortunately, the problem of fascism is fairly common across different teams in Italy, and rather underrated by Italian authorities - not certainly a specific problem of Lazio. We ourselves have been addressed and insulted many times by other teams' supporters (above all, AS Roma) with fascist and even racist hymns and banners, which probably was not equally echoed abroad as it is whenever it is done by those idiots wearing our scarfs.

However, the most important is: this is insulting and makes me upset, not simply as a Lazio fan, but as a person and member of mankind.

Also, the history of Lazio is worth knowing, it starts well before fascism (1900), as a multi-sports club echoing the ideals of Olympics (our colours were borrowed from the Greek flag) and Lazio refused to blend in a single team from Rome town when the fascist regime wanted to establish one in 1927 (AS Rome). This is our history, a history of sport and ideals, I simply can't stand having it stained by those insulting acts as Di Canio's.

This all is why I look forward to the match and to sharing pints in friendship and in the spirit of passionate football - and anti-fascism, too, needless to say. You'll find a wonderful town to visit, friendly people, and passionate supporters ready to share passion.

PS - I noticed the most important bit:

78Spur said:
'Woolwich Woolwich Vaffanculo'
we'll duly consider that ;)

Hi guys, another Lazio fan :)

Hope we are now not get too many but I would like to thank all of you for the last posts.

we know that it is up to us to solve the problem.

the majority of supporters are actually at odds with this behaviour, and the club, believe me, is doing all that is in its power.

but as one of my fellow forum companion before me, Chinaglia, as pointed out, the government and the authority are doing very little in solving this problem, and you know how important the intervention of the English government and the authority was in the '80ies to solve hooliganism in England.

we really need any chance we can get to clear our tainted image, expecially now that we became the scapegoat of italian journalism, expecially sporting, making a small minority, who are happy to get any chance to be visible and feel important, looks like is the trademark of what being a Lazio fan is.

which explain the sudden interest in some of your comments :)

looking forward to a great game and i promise we will kick the shit out of the Gooners Arse'n'al at the first opportunity, and any of the following :)

I'm not a lazio fan but I want to say that some of you don't have to be so much against club. It is politics, lazio ultras are right wing but for example I don't like hapoel,Livorno or marseille just because they are Antifa and they put communist signs. And I bet you don't call Livorno or marseille bad just because of that. I hate that now in Europe fascist sign is worst thing and everybody says how bad it is and not a lot fight against shit communist fans. You have to understand east Europeans because of that how much people were killed by communist. It's just politics and we have to put it away. Don't hate club just because of few stupid fans

pallmallpunch said:
To be clear I meant kicking the shit out of Lazio ON THE PITCH.

Nah, same here mate, think I said something about 'let's beat the nazi cunts'. Then reading their forums and seeing these quoted back I just realised how easy it is to misrepresent a fanbase. Some of them reading it will have been thinking we're out to get a bit nawty :nawty: when actually we were talking about on the pitch.

Anyway, I'm really hoping to get to Lazio although I've no idea if I'll manage to get a ticket. I love watching Serie A and would enjoy watching Tottenham take on Lazio at the Stadio Olimipico

[edit]To add to that. How fucking cool is this Europa League group, so much better than the last time out. Lazio, Pana, Spurs, and Maribor. Could have been a Champions League group.[/edit]

I think it's clear some people got maybe a little carried away at first, and that we mean no harm towards Lazio fans.

Just their team.

Clear to us, obviously. It didn't look like it was clear to them on their forums. Anyway point over, it was just an observation

I'm a Lazio fan and I can tell you not to listen to the media when it comes to judging Lazio fans. I am a moderator of a Lazio fans' forum that has members from across the world and a number of our fans are keen to visit the game, including myself, but we have issues with getting tickets. We have issues because legislation in Italy has changed to make the stadiums safer and only those who can (a) get to Rome and (b) have a clean track record can buy tickets. Expecting something to happen with Lazio fans is absurd, because the idiot out of 10,000 will not get into White Hart Lane. That is clear. I do hope the same can be said for you guys, and I have no reason to doubt that it can't.

We will just enjoy the occasion. We have a great relationship with other clubs in the UK (despite the UK media's perception of us) and as it was mentioned earlier, no reason why the same sort of relationship can't be forged here but cynicism spreads and so I think it's important both clubs get the right message across.

Despite the fact that S.S. Lazio was the only club in Rome to reject Mussolini's proposal to unite all Roman teams into a club called AS Roma, the international media still associate us with having a right-wing, even racist fanbase but please look at what Miroslav Klose, Ousmane Dabo, Gaby Mudingayi, Djibril Cissé etc. etc. have to say about our football club and form an opinion for yourselves.

If I go to the game, and if I can get into the away end, I'd be willing to offer a show of friendship - anything to help change the way international media think about our club.

We have a topic on our forum (http://forum.lazioland.com) as these comments have caught the attention of fans in Rome. We are observant, and we care.

Grazie.

All these testimonials....feels so very John Tesh. I knew jack shit about Lazio prior to this thread. I still don't know jack shit. But if some Lazio folks want to post a few pics of some Roma birds, I'd be inclined to be open minded about the situation.

Big Sky Spur said:
....But if some Lazio folks want to post a few pics of some Roma birds, I'd be inclined to be open minded about the situation.

she not truly Roman, but nevertheless, 100% Lazio :)

Lazios-mascot-Olimpia-the-006.jpg

she flies before every home game at the stadium (except on the derby, but that's a different matter)

Hi again!
Two pictures taken at Stadio Olimpico, but on the other side, in fact this is the AS Roma Curva Sud insulting us with racist expressions and symbols.
Did you ever read something on the press about their fascism and racism?
No, because they are politically protected, but they have exactly the same sad situation of idiots showing nazi symbols.

ap_7483274_49020.jpg

STADIO.jpg

Think me and a few mates are gonna go to the Lazio away game now. I'm willing to see what happens both home and away to judge their fans, but obviously they don't have a great reputation. We'll see what happens - I'm looking forward to seeing some pretty Italian girls and the sights!

So how much do you guys think will be the ticket cost for away fans for this Europa League season at WHL? How much was it last year? Also, the away tickets for Maribor will be imo 20-25 euros, so cheap by English football standards :) .

Here is the away section (you will get 5% which means about 600-700, depending of security and how much seats will be avaliable - i guess about 12,500):
Birmingham_City_Away_(2011).JPG

Back
Top Bottom