Europa League 2012/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think with the Lazio fans the key might be for us to chant 'Roma Roma Vaffanculo' to which they reply 'Woolwich Woolwich Vaffanculo'

cue merriment and world peace.

Ramsingh said:
Group J

Tottenham - fans are beautiful, players are beautiful, local kebabs are beautiful.

Panathinaikos - Fans are mad but no more than PAOK, players are average, local kebabs are beautiful.

Lazio - fans are racist fascist funting cucks (may be a minority after reading above post), player are decent away leg might be hard, not sure they do kebabs.

Maribor - fans are 'the most passionate in Slovenia' pictures of them with flares, massive flags and banners, they'll out sing us, but we'll batter them on the pitch, don't think they know what a kebab is in Slovenia.

Heh my friend you are coming to Balkan there's a kebab store in every town :D

Ramsingh said:
Hey fellas lets meet up for a drink.
You turn up to the pub and you get stabbed repeatedly in the face with pint glasses and a corkscrew.

I can guarantee all 3 clubs visiting WHL will use anti-Semitism..

I can guarantee you nobody will touch you here in Slovenia if you'll not provoke it. And lol at the thought that we will use anti semitisim. That is just dumb.

vadimivich said:
WhiteBlue Eagle said:
Please please I wish you all would stop in this country associating Lazio and their fans with the most atrocious period of history that my country suffered.!

Instead of lecturing us for associating you with fascism, tell your fellow Lazio supporters (and in some cases in recent history, even players) to stop doing it for you.

What do you expect the normal fans to do? Go up to the ultras and ask them to stop singing facist songs during the game? Take their banners away from under their noses and expect not to get a kicking? It's down to the club to stop them not the normal fans.

I can't wait to play them it will be a great couple of games

Just to demonstrate you what I mean by nobody will touch you if you don't provoke it. This is a video of Bosnian fans corteo in the middle of Maribor in the first round of CL qualis.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_WNyvon-lg[/youtube]

There were no problems and not single fight broke out. As long as you don't cause troubles nothing happens.

No drama mate, it's the Lazio game most people would expect a bit of bother, I'd imagine. There's been some decent Lazio posters in this thread but, you know, them managing to work a keyboard has filtered them out from the makee-fire-with-stickee nobheads.

blabla said:
Just to demonstrate you what I mean by nobody will touch you if you don't provoke it. This is a video of Bosnian fans corteo in the middle of Maribor in the first round of CL qualis.

There were no problems and not single fight broke out. As long as you don't cause troubles nothing happens.

There was several houndred police that closed down the medieval old city centre to prevent contact between home and away fans, so that is why there was no contact between them. Totally different story in Sarajevo though..

Generally Maribor fans don't perceive UK fans as a "threat" and they are left alone to roam the city centre and drink as much beer as they want :D (though there were couple of fights between Maribor and Hearts fans couple of seasons ago when the angry Scots attacked Maribor fans near the entrance to the southern stand only to find out that Maribor's ultras are located on that stand and they got kicked around a little:) The police will definetly be on a high alert when Panathinaikos and Lazio wil be in town.

Anyway, like I said there is a good chance that there will be a lot of police presence in the city centre where away fans will be located and there wont be much contact between the home and away ultras in this group. As for the home tickets. There is a big chance that they wont be available to you. That is, they will most likely be sold out in a package for all three games combined so if a guy from Austria will want to see Tottenham he will most likely have to buy the whole package and watch Panathinaikos and Lazio as well.

Maribor fans had couple of good away trips this UEFA season (600 in Sarajevo, 1250 in Zagreb) so I hope we continue in a similar fashion in Rome, London and Athens :)

Sarajevo
562684_322891537803789_1949955895_n.jpg

Zagreb
tumblr_m997gkbg9r1rrihdio1_500.jpg

As for the Nazios. Lets face it, Italy got their ass kicked during WWII but they were never properly punished (like Germany was) for fascism and most of their leaders were left alone. That is why fascism is still a big problem there and that is why we see no shame in their eyes. For example; couple of weeks ago in a small community just south of Rome the local mayor oppened a big monument to Italian WWII hero. That hero was a fascist general that was even convicted of war crimes. The monument was constructed with tax payers money.

europaleague said:
blabla said:
That is, they will most likely be sold out in a package for all three games combined so if a guy from Austria will want to see Tottenham he will most likely have to buy the whole package and watch Panathinaikos and Lazio as well.

Yep, if I can't get tickets through Tottenham (very likely as I don't have a season ticket) I'll probably buy tickets for all 3 Maribor home matches in a package. It's an easy trip for me, Maribor is a wonderful city to visit and live quality football is always fun. Plus, I fucking hate the Nazios and I'm a Spartak fan so Panathanaikos are semi-rivals as well (Spartak, Olympiakos and Red Star Belgrade are brother clubs) ... so supporting Maribor in those matches will be easy.

There is also a good chance that Rapid Wien ultras will make a trip to Maribor for the match vs Panathinaikos to join the Greek fans, so it should be an interesting day on the streets of Maribor :D

europaleague said:
There is also a good chance that Rapid Wien ultras will make a trip to Maribor for the match vs Panathinaikos to join the Greek fans, so it should be an interesting day on the streets of Maribor :D

Yep. For as peaceful and well behaved as Wien is, and really - all of Austria ... it's shocking how proper nawty Rapid ultras are. That could be a strange evening in Maribor.

Hi to everyone from a biancoceleste fan :)

Just an invitation to check out our forums, you will never ever see any sign of fascism or nazism. (http://www.biancocelesti.org or http://www.lazio.net)

Please guys, it's more then 10 years that the worst banners have disappeared from the stands and this problem is found in almost every italian club.
Di Canio has been kicked out and had the contract not renewed after that season.
About the stabbings: it doesn't appear to me that any Lazio fans have been involved in any stabbing in european matches in the last 10 years. Maybe some of you are misunderstanding us with roma fans (they repeatedly got involved - do you remember Roma -Man U and Roma - Liverpool?)
Lazio fans traditionally like English clubs, (we are inspired by the english way to support and chant) and in a recent summer friendly vs the scousers we ended up drinking together and the atmosphere was indeed very friendly.

I am looking forward to offer some of you a pint in one of the pub around WHL!
F

Biancocelesti said:
Please guys, it's more then 10 years that the worst banners have disappeared from the stands and this problem is found in almost every italian club.

Horseshit.

This was last year:

1047963991-klose.9.jpg

This was one of your players (Mauro Zarate) in 2010 sitting with fans giving the Nazi salute:

92239.jpg

Don't give us this "it was 10 years ago" crap. Lazio as a club has not fixed it's problems with racism, anti-semetism and fascism.

Here's the reason this pisses me off so bad (besides my virulent hatred of fascism and the Nazis). In addition to Tottenham I support Spartak Moscow. And like many members of that club, I'll tell you straight up that there is part of the ultras who are racist and ultra-nationalist scum. It's something that eastern european football has struggled with badly, and while it has improved (moreso at some clubs than other - Zenit still won't sign black players for example) there is still much work to be done. The average members of the club must demand that the security step up enforcement instead of idly watching the abusive behavior continue, and they must take an active role in guiding the direction of their club. Taking responsibility for the behavior, not denying it, is the first step in eradicating it.

The Lazio fans I've met have never once said something like to me - and they aren't doing it in this thread either. It's a shame.

I'm willing to give the Lazio fans a chance, if they are genuinely trying to stop the association with fascism then good on them.

I'm also hoping that the Maribor fans are loud but friendly!

I'm looking at going to the lazio game in Rome.

Just working out travel options now as the flights are already crazy prices to Rome. Lots of cheap flights to Naples, bologna & Milan though & high speed rail links are good & cheap.

Naples to Rome £26 just over an hour.
Bologna to Rome £26 just over 2 hours
Milan to Rome £34 just over 4 hours

Bologna are cheapest flights I can find at the moment.

£73 easy jet return from gatwick flying out 21st 08.25 back on 23rd at 12.05.

Hi I'm also a Lazio fan, and I've been loving Tottenham since Clive Allen and Gazza's time.

@Vladimivich

Times at Lazio have changed. You don't see those banners anymore, and I understand that we are still paying for our dark years. Fair enough. But it has changed. The "Klose mit uns" was made by an idiot kid who did not even know what was talking about. And Zarate? He has also been an idiot that day, but very different from Di Canio, who considers himself a proud fascist.
But you have to understand a point. Unfortunately stadium laws in Italy have been too weak for a long time, and extreme right activists exploited them to get exposure. But now it's over.
What if we still considered all English fans as hooligans? I know England has changed, as Italy has started more recently.

Me and the other Lazio here are just trying to make you understand - yes - you will always find a bunch of idiots in our Curva Nord, as I'm sure there are on the WHL stands or around the stadium. But, we all know that they are not THE fans. The reality is different, and trying to exacerbate the relations could only make things worse.

We should both look to what we have in common (passion, Gazza, etc.) and not what can divide us. Let's try to make something good out of these games ahead of us.

And anyway, we will be more than happy to have a big beer party before the game. Be our guest.

Back
Top Bottom