Europa League 2012/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

blabla said:
Park Lane James said:
blabla said:
Oi greetings from Slovenia. Looks like our two teams will be playing against each other in EL these year :D and I see that some people are interested in traveling to away match in Maribor. Instead of booking a flight to Ljubljana or Vienna you should rather book it from London to Graz which is closer to Maribor than those two cities. Graz is only 50 minutes away from Maribor.
Fantastic, thanks for the help.

Do you think your stadium will sell-out for the game? Let's hope it's a good match eh! :D

Yeah stadium will be sold out no doubt about it and tickets will go very quick once they'll be availble. Example: For Maribor vs Dinamo playoff match for CL, people were waiting in lines for tickets for 3 hours and more and I belive that now the lines will be even bigger.

As for the matches goes. I'm sure they'll be good. ;)
We aren't expecting much from this group. We are just happy that we got a very atractive group.
I see, thanks for the info my friend! Looks like I'll have to get a ticket through some 'channels' over this way - I know a few people that might be able to sort me out.

Yeah that's fair enough - maybe you're a bit like Shamrock Rovers who were in our group last year (perhaps better, they're pretty bad), happy to play some big clubs (Lazio, Panathanaikos, Spurs are quite big I'd say) etc.

Would really like to make the trip over there! Best of luck in the group!

P.S. If I do come over, make sure to head on this board a few days before we're due to play, I want to see where all the hot ladies will be after the match :D

Park Lane James said:
Yeah that's fair enough - maybe you're a bit like Shamrock Rovers who were in our group last year (perhaps better, they're pretty bad), happy to play some big clubs (Lazio, Panathanaikos, Spurs are quite big I'd say) etc.

Would really like to make the trip over there! Best of luck in the group!

P.S. If I do come over, make sure to head on this board a few days before we're due to play, I want to see where all the hot ladies will be after the match :D

Haha ok it's a deal. Just get here and I will be more than happy to help you guys. Looking forward to having few beers with Spurs fans when you guys are here.

vadimivich said:
JustLazio said:
Hi everybody!
I'm a proud Lazio fan, I'm not fascist, I'm not racist, I'm not nazi.
I hate Mussolini and all the fucking fascists.
Is it possible to just speak about football with you?
I really get upset when I see such generalizations about the Lazio supporters, because I know that the 99% of Laziali are not like the 4 idiots that ruined our reputation across Europe.

I'll be glad to offer you a beer before (or after) the match in Rome to have a chat and make you understand what Lazio means: just the oldest football team of Rome and nothing else.

[ Image ]

I'm married to a Sicilian. Hell, I was in the Circo Massimo with 250,000 Romans/Italians for the Euro 2012 final just a month ago. I'm not unfamiliar with Italy, Romans, Serie A or Lazio.

Lazio fans who try to pretend it's just a few people who support Lazio are fascist sympathizers, it's insulting to the intelligence of the rest of us. You want the rest of Europe to not think you are those things? Then stop the people who attend your matches from very publicly displaying symbols and singing songs. When someone unfurls a giant Auschwitz banner, STOP THEM. When they yelling "Sieg Heil" - STOP THEM. When they line the terraces with nazi flags, TEAR THEM DOWN.

But the "99%" of Lazio fans don't do that. Because it's a lot fewer than 99% who dislike it. And a lot more than 1% who are doing those things.

Well, it's many years now that there are not such symbols but only the Lazio ones in the stadium...

ansa002594a4cxw200h160c00.jpg

This is an anti-racist banner exposed by Lazio fans in the past.
Translation, more or less: "we hate racism, we just support Lazio"

Good afternoon.

I am a Lazio fan and have lived in England now for many years. I cannot wait to come to your home and watch Lazio play the Spurs on 20th September!! My son will be there too and hopefully it will be a good and entertaining match, won by us of course!! :).

I start reading things like fascists, Nazio etc...No good!!! Lazio was founded in 1900 and I am proud to say that, personally and like many other Lazio fans I am happy to know, I AM NOT FASCIST, but the contrary. Please please I wish you all would stop in this country associating Lazio and their fans with the most atrocious period of history that my country suffered.

Regards to all!

WhiteBlue Eagle said:
Please please I wish you all would stop in this country associating Lazio and their fans with the most atrocious period of history that my country suffered.!

Instead of lecturing us for associating you with fascism, tell your fellow Lazio supporters (and in some cases in recent history, even players) to stop doing it for you.

KLOSE.jpg

scaled.php

paolo_di_canio1.jpg

Dru said:
Would love to do a Europa away trip but really doubt I'll have the loyalty points.
You could be alright for Lazio - even if you don't get a ticket through Spurs then just go in the home section. The stadium won't be full, just make sure you don't go with the ultras!

Does anyone have any idea of how many tickets will be allocated for away fans at Maribor's stadium. It's a trip I'd like to make, looks like a lovely place.

blabla said:
Oi greetings from Slovenia. Looks like our two teams will be playing against each other in EL these year :D and I see that some people are interested in traveling to away match in Maribor. Instead of booking a flight to Ljubljana or Vienna you should rather book it from London to Graz which is closer to Maribor than those two cities. Graz is only 50 minutes away from Maribor.

Hi mate, have you any idea of how many tickets Maribor will give to Spurs? I'd really like to make a trip to this game - the town looks lovely.

Since1982 said:
Does anyone have any idea of how many tickets will be allocated for away fans at Maribor's stadium. It's a trip I'd like to make, looks like a lovely place.
Think the stadium only holds just less of 13k so won't be a lot.

Sean said:
Since1982 said:
Think the stadium only holds just less of 13k so won't be a lot.

Yep, it's going to be tight alright. If we got about 900 tickets I'd be in with a chance - fingers crossed!

I think that UEFA has the rule , that away fans get 5% of tickets. So that means there'll be around 600-700 tickets for Spurs fans.

blabla said:
I think that UEFA has the rule , that away fans get 5% of tickets. So that means there'll be around 600-700 tickets for Spurs fans.

Thanks - that might be too few for me - but I'm going to try hard to get one!

Hi guys...
I'm another Lazio fan in your forum, sorry for the invasion but as you can see with the previous posts of others laziali, we do care a lot about this thing and we incredibly suffer the unfair fame that we've got.
Lazio fans aren't so different form any other group of fan of any other team.. in every group of people there are worst one (especially around soccer), but they are a very small part. This is true for us, this is true for you, i don't believe that anyone of you could say to be *always* proud of all the fans of his team.
In our case this thing has been mounted and aplified due to many reason, but i can assure you that we are not like you ar painting us.
I live in Rome, i follow Lazio in the most of home matches and this is the true.

How would you feel if your team is considered only for some deprecable events and never considered for the good ones, how would you feel if you know that what other people thinks about your loved team is completely wrong?

As JustLazio proposed before, i'd really like to plan a meeting with you before or after the match, just to drink a beer togheter and knowing each other, because this should be one of the purposes of the sport (and expecially an international competition) bring near people and not make them fight.
We will be enemies on the field, the players with the legs, we with the voices... but anyway the match ends it would be great to be friend outside the arena.
And i can assure you that most of Lazio fans thinks like me about sport and competition.

Sorry again for abusing your space, but it's very hard to stand when your loved team suffer unfair attaks.

Sorry for my english too :))

Forza Lazio

Group J

Tottenham - fans are beautiful, players are beautiful, local kebabs are beautiful.

Panathinaikos - Fans are mad but no more than PAOK, players are average, local kebabs are beautiful.

Lazio - fans are racist fascist funting cucks (may be a minority after reading above post), player are decent away leg might be hard, not sure they do kebabs.

Maribor - fans are 'the most passionate in Slovenia' pictures of them with flares, massive flags and banners, they'll out sing us, but we'll batter them on the pitch, don't think they know what a kebab is in Slovenia.

I have been to Lazio at Stadio Olimpico for a couple of games, well one and a half, I saw the infamous Roma derby where it was called off at half time, this is an extract that describes it...

"During the 2004 derby rumours spread among Roma fans that a child had been killed by police outside the stadium forcing the abandonment of the match after just 4 minutes. Riots broke out in the stands and numerous fireworks and flares were being set off. Three of Roma's top boys then stormed onto the pitch to talk to Francesco Totti and demanded that the game be abandoned. Totti asked for the game to be called off and later claimed on TV he had been threatened with his life. The match was abandoned but stands were set on fire as police used tear gas to beat back the onslaught.

More than 170 people were injured including police officers as riots broke out in the surrounding streets around the stadium. Cars were set on fire, shops had there windows smashed as fighting raged around the outside of the stadium. Why did the rumours surface? So the ultras could show how powerful they were."

That was Roma and Lazio fans kicking off in fairness but the 'ultras' title means something very different over there.

I should balance this with the game I saw where Lazio & Inter played, both sets of fans were quite friendly, the Inter fans sang anti Roma songs and Lazio fans sang anti Milan songs, there was a much better vibe there. As much as it sounds weird I think we'll get a reasonable welcome and I see Gazza has already been invited to the game, let's hope he doesn't have any hostage negotiating to do!

There's no question that Lazio fans have a history of being tarred as racist and it's not entirely without substance BUT I think we should judge how they treat our fans in Rome and the banners when we play them, I really hope it's played in the kind of spirit I've seen us play in other Europa/Eufa games.

Hey fellas lets meet up for a drink.
You turn up to the pub and you get stabbed repeatedly in the face with pint glasses and a corkscrew.

Back
Top Bottom