Europa League 2012/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd say Liverpool have a tougher group. Strong tournament this year. Inter got some serious travelling to do.

Group A

Liverpool
Udinese
Young Boys
Anzhi

Group B

Atletico Madrid
Hapoel Tel-Aviv
Viktoria Plzen
Academica

Group C

Marseille
Fenerbache
Borussia Mönchengladbach
AEL Limassol

Group D

Bordeaux
Club Brugge
Newcastle
Maritimo

Group E

Stuttgart
FC Copenhagen
Steaua Bucuresti
Molde

Group F

PSV
Napoli
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
AIK Stockholm

Group G

Sporting Lisbon
Basel
Racing Genk
Videoton

Group H

Inter
Rubin Kazan
Partizan Belgrade
Neftchi Baku

Group I

Lyon
Atletic Bilbao
Sparta Praha
Hapoel Shmona

Group J

Tottenham
Panathinaikos
Lazio
Maribor

Group K

Bayer Leverkusen
Metalist Kharkiv
Rosenborg
Rapid Vienna

Group L

Twente
Hannover
Levante
Helsingborgs

vadimivich said:
Ok ... I'll chime in about Maribor

Maribor is the second largest city in Slovenia, in the north eastern part of the country and very close to the Austrian border. It's about 2.5 hours drive by car from Vienna.

It's a gorgeous city, one of the classic Hapsburg cities. Built along the river, it has numerous bridges and outdoor spaces and like all of Slovenia, beatiful women and tons of cafes / pubs / nightclubs. The stadium is brand new and very modern, and it should be a great away day. I'm definitely going to try and help any TFC members who want to join me there ... it will be a lot of fun.
I'd probably rather go there than Rome or Athens tbf - somewhere a bit different and I'm not exactly gonna get the chance to go there again really. Problem is, getting tickets for the game in the away end will be an absolute nightmare unless I do it through a season ticket holder with a load of points.

What you gonna do? Ticket in the home end (if possible)?

Park Lane James said:
vadimivich said:
Ok ... I'll chime in about Maribor

Maribor is the second largest city in Slovenia, in the north eastern part of the country and very close to the Austrian border. It's about 2.5 hours drive by car from Vienna.

It's a gorgeous city, one of the classic Hapsburg cities. Built along the river, it has numerous bridges and outdoor spaces and like all of Slovenia, beatiful women and tons of cafes / pubs / nightclubs. The stadium is brand new and very modern, and it should be a great away day. I'm definitely going to try and help any TFC members who want to join me there ... it will be a lot of fun.
I'd probably rather go there than Rome or Athens tbf - somewhere a bit different and I'm not exactly gonna get the chance to go there again really. Problem is, getting tickets for the game in the away end will be an absolute nightmare unless I do it through a season ticket holder with a load of points.

What you gonna do? Ticket in the home end (if possible)?

I'm hoping to get them through Tottenham, but if not I have several Slovenian friends who support Maribor ... I'll get a ticket through them. I don't expect any kind of nawty business, so being in the home section won't be too bad.

Oh cool, I might do the same (should we decide to go - but I don't think my mates will be up for it). Reckon it will be hard to get tickets in the home end, considering it will be such a big game for them?

Could get a flight to Ljubljana, then get a two hour train to Maribor.

Park Lane James said:
Oh cool, I might do the same (should we decide to go - but I don't think my mates will be up for it). Reckon it will be hard to get tickets in the home end, considering it will be such a big game for them?

Could get a flight to Ljubljana, then get a two hour train to Maribor.

Look at Vienna too. It's a bit longer train, but might be a cheaper flight. Maribor is really about halfway between the two cities.

Oi greetings from Slovenia. Looks like our two teams will be playing against each other in EL these year :D and I see that some people are interested in traveling to away match in Maribor. Instead of booking a flight to Ljubljana or Vienna you should rather book it from London to Graz which is closer to Maribor than those two cities. Graz is only 50 minutes away from Maribor.

blabla said:
Oi greetings from Slovenia. Looks like our two teams will be playing against each other in EL these year :D and I see that some people are interested in traveling to away match in Maribor. Instead of booking a flight to Ljubljana or Vienna you should rather book it from London to Graz which is closer to Maribor than those two cities. Graz is only 50 minutes away from Maribor.
Fantastic, thanks for the help.

Do you think your stadium will sell-out for the game? Let's hope it's a good match eh! :D

LAZIO 1900 said:
Try to have respect for Lazio; we, unluckely, have 100 idiots fascist.
Would be gtreat you do not have 1.000 idiot racist :wink:

You expect a club that has a long tradition of Jewish fans and calls themselves "Yids" to have respect for a team that has a single idiot fascist? Let alone 100?*

*and lol at there being 100. Nazio has a lot more than 100 idiot fascists. Several thousand would be more accurate.

blabla said:

Is there a direct flight from London to Graz? I didn't think there was, which is why I said Ljubljana or Wien.

Just double checked - there is a Ryanair flight from London to Graz. That's gotta be the best way to go.

blabla said:
Thanks so much for the tip!! Looks like the flights are cheaper, and the train is only about 30 pound return - and can be done in under two hours.

Would love to make Maribor!

vadimivich said:
LAZIO 1900 said:

You expect a club that has a long tradition of Jewish fans and calls themselves "Yids" to have respect for a team that has a single idiot fascist? Let alone 100?*

No, I just expect use our brain, not that others suggest us

*and lol at there being 100. Nazio has a lot more than 100 idiot fascists. Several thousand would be more accurate.

vadimivich said:
Just double checked - there is a Ryanair flight from London to Graz. That's gotta be the best way to go.
Yarp, really good links actually - and maybe the flight operators might not hike the price up too much as it's a smaller destination etc.

One of the main reasons I wanna go to Maribor over the other two is the Slovenian women hehe :D

Hi everybody!
I'm a proud Lazio fan, I'm not fascist, I'm not racist, I'm not nazi.
I hate Mussolini and all the fucking fascists.
Is it possible to just speak about football with you?
I really get upset when I see such generalizations about the Lazio supporters, because I know that the 99% of Laziali are not like the 4 idiots that ruined our reputation across Europe.

I'll be glad to offer you a beer before (or after) the match in Rome to have a chat and make you understand what Lazio means: just the oldest football team of Rome and nothing else.

images

LAZIO 1900 said:
vadimivich said:
LAZIO 1900 said:

Sorry, I have no respect for a club who cannot eliminate the vile, and very public, anti-semetism and hatred that your club does. Lazio is a disgrace to the game of football, to the city of Rome and to Italy as a whole. It's one of the few football clubs in the world that all of us would be better off if it ceased to exist.

images

JustLazio said:
Hi everybody!
I really get upset when I see such generalizations about the Lazio supporters, because I know that the 99% of Laziali are not like the 4 idiots that ruined our reputation across Europe.

I'll be glad to offer you a beer before (or after) the match in Rome to have a chat and make you understand what Lazio means: just the oldest football team of Rome and nothing else.

[ Image ]
:beer:

Park Lane James said:
blabla said:
Fantastic, thanks for the help.

Do you think your stadium will sell-out for the game? Let's hope it's a good match eh! :D

Yeah stadium will be sold out no doubt about it and tickets will go very quick once they'll be availble. Example: For Maribor vs Dinamo playoff match for CL, people were waiting in lines for tickets for 3 hours and more and I belive that now the lines will be even bigger.

As for the matches goes. I'm sure they'll be good. ;)
We aren't expecting much from this group. We are just happy that we got a very atractive group.

LAZIO 1900 said:
vadimivich said:
LAZIO 1900 said:

did you check personally ? Or you´re one of them :biggrin:

JustLazio said:
Hi everybody!

[ Image ]

I'm married to a Sicilian. Hell, I was in the Circo Massimo with 250,000 Romans/Italians for the Euro 2012 final just a month ago. I'm not unfamiliar with Italy, Romans, Serie A or Lazio.

Lazio fans who try to pretend it's just a few people who support Lazio are fascist sympathizers, it's insulting to the intelligence of the rest of us. You want the rest of Europe to not think you are those things? Then stop the people who attend your matches from very publicly displaying symbols and singing songs. When someone unfurls a giant Auschwitz banner, STOP THEM. When they yelling "Sieg Heil" - STOP THEM. When they line the terraces with nazi flags, TEAR THEM DOWN.

But the "99%" of Lazio fans don't do that. Because it's a lot fewer than 99% who dislike it. And a lot more than 1% who are doing those things.

Back
Top Bottom