Europa League 14/15 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't book anything, Apollon Limassol v Locomotiv Moscow also came out in the draw. Same date same stadium, one of them will have to be switched. Can't see anything about this anywhere.

Like I said the Limassol stadium is not fit to host European games so in theory both ties could be played in different towns.

Erm. Yes. So why disagree?
Wasn't disagreeing just highlighting that both teams were drawn to play at home on the same date. But quick google and AEL played the last round in Larnaca and Apollon played all their games last year at the GSP stadium in Nicosia, so I guess we are both right

Wasn't disagreeing just highlighting that both teams were drawn to play at home on the same date. But quick google and AEL played the last round in Larnaca and Apollon played all their games last year at the GSP stadium in Nicosia, so I guess we are both right

Sorry meant you hit the disagree button on my post. You going to the game?

I didn't watch a single Europa match until after Christmas last year. Depending on what time this one is at not sure I'll make any attempt to see it.

Couple of posters already making out that the Europa League is beneath them, it's quite sad, yes the format and early rounds leave a lot to be desired but it's still Tottenham playing.

Couple of posters already making out that the Europa League is beneath them, it's quite sad, yes the format and early rounds leave a lot to be desired but it's still Tottenham playing.

I'll watch it, but what frustrates me is until the knockouts we'll play a load of obscure teams we expect to beat. The players even act like its a training game but because it's not taken seriously we make it a lot harder than it is and it becomes embarrassing to watch

May be there just making out 400 quid for a plane ticket to a shit hole is 'beneath them'

Support the team if you can: Its better than playing Donetsk and perhaps risk taking on extra payload on your flight!

Yup, hoping it is Larnaca as it was great when we played Famagusta

What was the turnout like? I imagine there was a lot of local expats supporting the team?

Did you have any trouble with the Anorthosis fans?

the first who'll be knocking for a SF or final ticket. always the way

What was the turnout like? I imagine there was a lot of local expats supporting the team?

Did you have any trouble with the Anorthosis fans?
We were 6-1 up from the first leg so no trouble and full of English who were out there on holiday

Yes & there a fucking disgrace!.. & most probably the same people wetting themselves for tickets if we get anywhere near a final.
Another reason we've got this fickle tag & another reason why building a 60k white elephant is crazy success or not!

Possibly because it's a bit tricky to catch EL matches in the US if you have a real job?
You not got VCR's over there yet? Just seems a bit dismissive to say "I'll probably not bothering watching Europa until after the group stages." It's not what I'd expect a fan of whatever club to say. Nutter got it spot on. It's not a chore (although it can feel that way occasionally)

Back
Top Bottom