Europa League 14/15 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like a dick waving contest about how aggressive and violent fans can be. Not being funny but how come none of these fans of foreign clubs seem to want to talk about their clubs' history/achievements/playing style etc. Lots of respect for amazing atmospheres and that, definitely. But I basically want to see Tottenham pump goals past your team at the end of the day, not wank about how you threw firebombs at the police

hey everyone this is besiktas fan , I know we met once and we lost , I don't remember we faced uefa cup or friendly game. in the end of the match our fans clapped tottenham squad . ur goalkeeper was paul robinson and u had dimitar berbatov too. it was a good game. I like ur fans much maybe they are the most gentle fans in the UK. u know ''Carsi' well I think. but these are some videos about us

best wishes to you
What a thoroughly nice chap!

Looks like a dick waving contest about how aggressive and violent fans can be. Not being funny but how come none of these fans of foreign clubs seem to want to talk about their clubs' history/achievements/playing style etc. Lots of respect for amazing atmospheres and that, definitely. But I basically want to see Tottenham pump goals past your team at the end of the day, not wank about how you threw firebombs at the police

I'm definitely not bragging about riots and firebombs and sh*t man (well, i do a bit, but it's not the issue in here). you get me all wrong. i read and watched quite a lot about english hooliganism in 80's and how thatcher and all tried to control a whole nation with cctvs, strict regulations, etc. for the sake of english people's security and created an illusion of horror with the help of media (my regards to adam curtis and charlie brooker for such info). not just hooligans but ordinary scarvers and fans were blamed for violence on the streets. so, hooligans were the scapegoats and the others turned out to be just sheeps... (pun intented). i just wanted to write something about how politicians in turkey see football fans (coup attemptin'-violence lovin' beşiktaş fans in that regard).

football is not just football nowadays, its all about politics, money, sponsors, manipulations, rigging and so on -and a little bit of athletics... so, if you just want to talk about football, it's ok, our biggest achievement in britain was to beat chelsea and manu (0-2, 0-1) away years ago, and manage to had 8 goals from liverpool but who the fuckin cares? it was years ago, and so these are all water passed under the bridge. i hope this will cool you down a bit but you'll see the football biz better in whole perspective if your head is not up your sorry white ass.

ps: pls take no offense good ol' spurs fans who catch my drift...

I'm definitely not bragging about riots and firebombs and sh*t man (well, i do a bit, but it's not the issue in here). you get me all wrong. i read and watched quite a lot about english hooliganism in 80's and how thatcher and all tried to control a whole nation with cctvs, strict regulations, etc. for the sake of english people's security and created an illusion of horror with the help of media (my regards to adam curtis and charlie brooker for such info). not just hooligans but ordinary scarvers and fans were blamed for violence on the streets. so, hooligans were the scapegoats and the others turned out to be just sheeps... (pun intented). i just wanted to write something about how politicians in turkey see football fans (coup attemptin'-violence lovin' beşiktaş fans in that regard).

football is not just football nowadays, its all about politics, money, sponsors, manipulations, rigging and so on -and a little bit of athletics... so, if you just want to talk about football, it's ok, our biggest achievement in britain was to beat chelsea and manu (0-2, 0-1) away years ago, and manage to had 8 goals from liverpool but who the fuckin cares? it was years ago, and so these are all water passed under the bridge. i hope this will cool you down a bit but you'll see the football biz better in whole perspective if your head is not up your sorry white ass.

:avbfu:

There was no CCTV under Thatcher.
I've been to Turkey. Twice. It was great.
Not sure I met you or your mates though.

how mature of you :)
In a world where any moron can google up the internet and find any club's history and shit, i was trying to talk about something completely different, a much bigger issue.
If only I had known, I would advise you to play&talk with minds alike. e.g.:
images

There was no CCTV under Thatcher.
I've been to Turkey. Twice. It was great.
Not sure I met you or your mates though.

I know my history quite well mate. Maybe you didn't notice those CCTVs but chronologically that's how it was in Thatcher era according to public historians and sociologists :
1975: use of video surveillance systems at football matches begins.
1984: installation of surveillance cameras at major rallying points for public protest in central London. Picketers surveilled during miners' strike.
August 1985: installation of street-based video surveillance system in Bournemouth
1987: use of video surveillance systems at parking garages owned by local authorities begins.
1988: installation of video surveillance systems at "council estates" run by local authorities.
1989: civil rights group Liberty publishes Who's watching you? video surveillance in public places...etc.

anyway... that was the spark for many European countries' governments (including Turkey aorund 2000S). there are many publications and documentaries that talks about so-called terrace-violence&hooligans and their impacts on society.

ps: hope you'll like it here on December. maybe we'll meet, who knows.
and thanks for having us in here. may the best player wins.

how mature of you :)
In a world where any moron can google up the internet and find any club's history and shit, i was trying to talk about something completely different, a much bigger issue.
If only I had known, I would advise you to play&talk with minds alike. e.g.:
images

I know my history quite well mate. Maybe you didn't notice those CCTVs but chronologically that's how it was in Thatcher era according to public historians and sociologists :
1975: use of video surveillance systems at football matches begins.
1984: installation of surveillance cameras at major rallying points for public protest in central London. Picketers surveilled during miners' strike.
August 1985: installation of street-based video surveillance system in Bournemouth
1987: use of video surveillance systems at parking garages owned by local authorities begins.
1988: installation of video surveillance systems at "council estates" run by local authorities.
1989: civil rights group Liberty publishes Who's watching you? video surveillance in public places...etc.

anyway... that was the spark for many European countries' governments (including Turkey aorund 2000S). there are many publications and documentaries that talks about so-called terrace-violence&hooligans and their impacts on society.

ps: hope you'll like it here on December. maybe we'll meet, who knows.
and thanks for having us in here. may the best player wins.

Calm down mate, you've already told my sorry white ass. You've now educated me on how tough and scary you are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom