Europa League 14/15 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got some advice for Spurs fans.If you want to come to Istanbul,you should fly with Turkish Airlines.You can see difference between Turkish Airlines and the others.They are 1st flight company in Europe(2012-2013).

And also Istanbul has 2 continent ,Eu and Asia so you should prefer the your hotels in Eu continent because Ataturk Olympic Stadium is on Eu continent.

And you should visit to Topkapi Palace,Dolmabahce Palace (you can see Besiktas' new stadium next to palace),Rumeli Castle,Grand Bazaar etc..

If you have any question you can ask me ,I will be happy to help you :)

hey everyone this is besiktas fan , I know we met once and we lost , I don't remember we faced uefa cup or friendly game. in the end of the match our fans clapped tottenham squad . ur goalkeeper was paul robinson and u had dimitar berbatov too. it was a good game. I like ur fans much maybe they are the most gentle fans in the UK. u know ''Carsi' well I think. but these are some videos about us

best wishes to you

Last edited:
I got some advice for Spurs fans.If you want to come to Istanbul,you should fly with Turkish Airlines.You can see difference between Turkish Airlines and the others.They are 1st flight company in Europe(2012-2013).

And also Istanbul has 2 continent ,Eu and Asia so you should prefer the your hotels in Eu continent because Ataturk Olympic Stadium is on Eu continent.

And you should visit to Topkapi Palace,Dolmabahce Palace (you can see Besiktas' new stadium next to palace),Rumeli Castle,Grand Bazaar etc..

If you have any question you can ask me ,I will be happy to help you :)

I can vouge for this. They have brilliant service, even on short haul flights and the in flight entertainment is better than the likes of etihad and qatar in my opinion. Great airline if any of you are looking for a slightly more relaxing flight.

So any thoughts on whether the Tripoli match will be moved to e.g. Athens? Their stadium holds 7k, but they hosted their earlier two qualifiers there, so I guess it passes UEFA criteria
I think the stadium criteria changes the higher 'up' in the competition you go

IstanbulEagle you got any pictures of the away end?
The Olympic stadium is a big one, holds over 80K.
If you look over to the right hand side of this picture, I am guessing those are away fans in the corner. Different colours, lots of stewards ...
Ataturk-Olympic-Stadium_Field-view_5487.jpg

Flights BOOKED!!!! Prices were rising as we were booking this morning so I would advise getting them ASAP. We're flying out on the wednesday night and arriving 5am thursday morning = all day on the piss and a nice leisurely day in the City for a return friday night.

Very, very excited!

Greeting from Belgrade Spurs. I'm glad we are going to have a chance to play against one of the best EPL sides, and I hope you are going to have a great time in Belgrade. If you have any questions about hotels, tickets or anything else feel free to ask.
PS. We have probably cheapest beer in Europe, you can buy a bottle of 2 liters for ~1.5 pounds, so have fun. ;)
Could you send that to Levy please?:levywtf:

:levylol:

Always liked Besiktas and their fans because of how left wing they are.I was told somewhere a lot of them are anarchists as well.

edit: Actually found an article on it BBC Sport - Football - Besiktas fans reveal united front

Yeah, I quite like Besiktas fans. Should be a great atmosphere for both matches (in Instanbul and in London).

Partizan fans (and the Grobari - basically "Gravediggers" in Serbian - in particular) are just vile scum unfortunately.

Belgrade all booked up. Can't wait! One of the grounds I most want to see Spurs at in the world, from what I've heard and seen the atmosphere there will be unreal. Good thing about the Europa League is that the fans tend to be better than the CL clubs.

Let me give you some new facts about BJK and its #1 firm çArşı...
as some of you may or may not know, last year in Turkey Gezi Riots, Beşiktaş fans -and various football fans- under the roof of çArşı, resist police forces for days in Beşiktaş, Taksim and Dolmabahçe areas.
here is one of the barricades in Dolmabahçe:
besiktas_5641.jpg

well, police forces used excessive forces and passed over numerous barricades, but çArşı used construction site trucks at some point...
130601dolmabahce.hlarge.jpg

and hot-wired an excavator at the Beşiktaş stadium's construction site to stand against police forces' TOMA (Social Riots Intervention Vehicle) and name it POMA (Police Forces Intervention Vehicle) after chasing the gas thrower, water bomber TOMA...
640px-POMA_Bulldozer_Hijacked_by_Carsi_at_Gezi_protests.jpg

well, eventually police forces retreat from Taksim sq. and Dolmabahçe, and hundreds of thousands people celebrate the event at the square:
taksim-taraftar-1.jpeg

the banner in the middle is the most beloved leader, OPTIK BASKAN (R.I.P) of the firm çArşı. (the one with his arms open)...

so... a year passed by... (now the funny part)
last week one of the Istanbul prosecutor prepared an indictment for 35 members of çArşı, claiming them for coup d'etat attempt and trying them to be punished with penal servitude FOR LIFE...

well, this will be a first for football fans' history, a football firm in attempt to coup (with nothing but gas masks, googles, flares and one hell of an excavator :))
the indictment was accepted 3 days ago.
we'll see what will happen next.

ps: a quick cover up of the events in english subtitles.

Let me give you some new facts about BJK and its #1 firm çArşı...
as some of you may or may not know, last year in Turkey Gezi Riots, Beşiktaş fans -and various football fans- under the roof of çArşı, resist police forces for days in Beşiktaş, Taksim and Dolmabahçe areas.
here is one of the barricades in Dolmabahçe:
besiktas_5641.jpg

well, police forces used excessive forces and passed over numerous barricades, but çArşı used construction site trucks at some point...
130601dolmabahce.hlarge.jpg

and hot-wired an excavator at the Beşiktaş stadium's construction site to stand against police forces' TOMA (Social Riots Intervention Vehicle) and name it POMA (Police Forces Intervention Vehicle) after chasing the gas thrower, water bomber TOMA...
640px-POMA_Bulldozer_Hijacked_by_Carsi_at_Gezi_protests.jpg

well, eventually police forces retreat from Taksim sq. and Dolmabahçe, and hundreds of thousands people celebrate the event at the square:
taksim-taraftar-1.jpeg

the banner in the middle is the most beloved leader, OPTIK BASKAN (R.I.P) of the firm çArşı. (the one with his arms open)...

so... a year passed by... (now the funny part)
last week one of the Istanbul prosecutor prepared an indictment for 35 members of çArşı, claiming them for coup d'etat attempt and trying them to be punished with penal servitude FOR LIFE...

well, this will be a first for football fans' history, a football firm in attempt to coup (with nothing but gas masks, googles, flares and one hell of an excavator :))
the indictment was accepted 3 days ago.
we'll see what will happen next.

ps: a quick cover up of the events in english subtitles.

Looks like a quiet night in, Belfast style....

Back
Top Bottom