Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chadli looked good at the start of the season, but none of them should be starting at the moment on current form.

The only reason that any of them are starting over another is that Poch clearly favors handing a player an extended run of games in order to check them out, not just one or two.

Chadli looked good at the start of the season, but none of them should be starting at the moment on current form.

The only reason that any of them are starting over another is that Poch clearly favors handing a player an extended run of games in order to check them out, not just one or two.

I don't think it's all that fair for anyone to say Poch clearly does one thing or another. He's a manager who makes his decision behind closed doors after a private training session with his team. Anything we have to say is pure conjecture.

I don't think it's all that fair for anyone to say Poch clearly does one thing or another. He's a manager who makes his decision behind closed doors after a private training session with his team. Anything we have to say is pure conjecture.
That's fair, but I don't see a lot of players constantly being chopped and changed and mixed around again like we saw under Sherwood. When Pochettino hands a start to someone, it seems pretty clear to me that the spot is theirs for a while, whether their performances in that run of games justifies being a starter or not.

He needs to be doing what Hazard does. For the amount of investment we have made on him, unless he does that, we need to get rid of him to the highest bidder and look for someone else. We can't wait forever for a 30 million player to come good just because he is young and from a foreign league. I understand the need for patience because of what's happened with Harry Kane, but for 30 million, you expect results asap. It is not his fault that he was paid 30 million by us, yes, but then it is a mistake by the club and we need to rectify if by getting someone else.

The fact Clownsend is ahead of him is both tragic and laughable at the same time

Never in a million years - Poch, sort it out

An-dross? Clownsend? Oh, FFS, get a grip. He's a young player that if you'd cut him he'd bleed blue and white and tries hard to be good enough for Spurs. He may not be good enough for Spurs in the future, but it's disrespectful to call him names. He's one of our own too.

An-dross? Clownsend? Oh, FFS, get a grip. He's a young player that if you'd cut him he'd bleed blue and white and tries hard to be good enough for Spurs. He may not be good enough for Spurs in the future, but it's disrespectful to call him names. He's one of our own too.
I don't care who bleeds what - we need the best 11 to start every game and I cannot fathom why he's ahead of Lamela atm

I don't care who bleeds what - we need the best 11 to start every game and I cannot fathom why he's ahead of Lamela atm

That's not the point. I don't have any problem with that opinion. But this is a fellow that has fought his way to the first team and earned caps for his country, developed by Spurs. He deserves better than being called names by his own fans.

For the record, I think that Lamela deserve a chance to start a game soon.

Last edited:
I can't see how anyone can watch Chadli and Townsend play and think that they are more effective players, offensively or defensively, than Erik. Don't know why he isn't starting, but can't believe it is down to a lack of quality

I certainly think Lamela offers more in terms of pressing and team shape than Chadli or Townsend who both go missing in too many games.

Has to start next match since Chadli/Townsend have been poor.

Heck I'd be tempted to try Lamela/ Townsend again but this time with Eriksen on the left and Lamela in the centre.

Has to start next match since Chadli/Townsend have been poor.

Heck I'd be tempted to try Lamela/ Townsend again but this time with Eriksen on the left and Lamela in the centre.
I think we just need to get Eriksen/Dembele/Lamela behind Kane again. I think the only time I ever want to see Townsend play for Tottenham is if he is just playing left wing, told to get his head down and just constantly attack the full back and get the ball in the box.

I think we just need to get Eriksen/Dembele/Lamela behind Kane again. I think the only time I ever want to see Townsend play for Tottenham is if he is just playing left wing, told to get his head down and just constantly attack the full back and get the ball in the box.
Doesn't seem like we'll ever see it again at this rate especially with Dembele being one of the new 'out of favour' boys.

Poor from Poch.

Doesn't seem like we'll ever see it again at this rate especially with Dembele being one of the new 'out of favour' boys.

Poor from Poch.
It's a shame. It's that exact stubbornness that eventually cost AVB - I'm hoping he does go with something different at Newcastle, it's clear what's happening now isn't working. We've failed to score in our last two games and they've been against Burnley and Aston Villa.

Back
Top Bottom