Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the real reason for the slip was taking off Dembele, nothing at all really to do with losing Lamela. Paulinho offered no steel in the middle compared to him and I think it's unbelievably harsh to blame Andros at all.

I think the real reason for the slip was taking off Dembele, nothing at all really to do with losing Lamela. Paulinho offered no steel in the middle compared to him and I think it's unbelievably harsh to blame Andros at all.

Townsend could have given Walker a little more support given the situation of the game, but I won't place too much blame on AT. Walker really made a mess of things. For the scoreline we should have had a lot more guys back than we did.

I don't think either has earned a starting spot, but I think we looked much worse when Lamela went off for Townsend, against League One opponents.
I would agree with the first part, they both have been underwhelming if I am honest, second part is harsh yes he didn't have the best of times but he is not even close to top of the list as to why we fell apart and it was a late cameo
One of them needs to step up Kane, Chadli and Eriksen look very potent and that is encouraging as we have 3 of the 4 forward spots sorted. I think these last 3 months or so is an open audition for those two if they don't nail down that last attacking place I would expect us to look elsewhere in the summer.

I'm not a Paulinho fan but he did nothing wrong when he come on. Pushing Mason forward was a bad decision but the fact Townsend did not track back for either goal in a semi final is criminal.

I would agree with the first part, they both have been underwhelming if I am honest, second part is harsh yes he didn't have the best of times but he is not even close to top of the list as to why we fell apart and it was a late cameo
One of them needs to step up Kane, Chadli and Eriksen look very potent and that is encouraging as we have 3 of the 4 forward spots sorted. I think these last 3 months or so is an open audition for those two if they don't nail down that last attacking place I would expect us to look elsewhere in the summer.

Dembele looks to be the third AM. One that might be a bit lacking in terms of creativity and goal threat, but as long as the other three are doing so well in those aspects, it would be great to have Dembele in there for his presence, his quality on the ball, and for his ball winning abilities.

i dont like how people dont see what lamela has done today, some say that the front 3 should be chadli eriksen and dembele, for me he was fantastic better then dembele, his presence on the field made özil so much trouble to be alone, he spoted him evry where, he linked so good with eriksen and walker, he was always the 2nd striker in the pen area and did many many more things, well thats only my opinion

Watching the MOTD highlights now. For all the flack he gets. Including a good bit yesterday, it was amazing to see how many of our chances came from a smart Lamela pass or him winning the ball in their half.

Plus the corner ball from the first goal was fantastic.

He still gives the ball up too easily at times, but his effort level right now is through the roof and to me it seems like he is getting it more and more dialed in.

I really loved his effort on Saturday he got stuck in all over the pitch that being said I would still prefer Chadli at the moment as he has better end product.

Still encouraged with how Lamela as kept his head down and is working hard I think goals will come for him if he keeps up this level of effort.

Can we appreciate his assist to Kane for the goal on Tuesday. Everybody thought he was going to kick it out left to Eriksen and he does everyone with the inside pass to Kane.

Back
Top Bottom