Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope to see all 3 linking up together this season

10509509_10152493545269404_1037281862745350580_n.jpg

Just needs some time to get comfortable. It's apparent that he's trying to start some one-two attacks but they're not really coming off, and it looks like he's second guessing himself and isn't launching into attacks with any confidence.

Lamela: Leaving Tottenham never once entered my mind, not even when I was feeling at my lowest

Erik Lamela has deterred interest from Serie A by commenting that he sees next season at Tottenham as one in which to redeem himself.

The Argentine winger struggled for form in his first year in the Premier League, following a summer 2013 transfer from Roma.

The suggestion heading into this transfer market was that the likes of Inter and Juventus were tracking the 22-year-old with an eye to a move.

However, the Buenos Aires native has asserted where he sees his focus for next year lying.

“I am getting in good shape and am determined to show Tottenham fans the real Erik Lamela this season,” he told The Sun.

“I have recovered from my injuries, we have a new manager and I cannot wait to play. I am confident you will see a much better me this season.

“Last season was a frustrating one all round for me. It took a while to get into the team and then I kept getting injured, which meant I was overlooked by Argentina too.

“Moving to a new club is always hard but it is even harder when it is in a new country and you are not able to play.

“A footballer always feels lonely when he can’t play for whatever reason and I felt very lonely at times last season.

“There have never been any problems with my teammates, they have been there always. But now my injuries have gone and we have a new manager who is the same nationality as me, I feel as though I have a new lease of life.

“Leaving Tottenham never once entered my mind, not even when I was feeling at my lowest.

“I wanted to play but, unfortunately, my injuries meant I couldn’t. That made me feel bad because the club had paid a lot of money for me and I wasn’t even able to get on to the pitch.

“But I never wanted to leave. I was determined to stay at the club and show everybody — my teammates, staff and the fans — that I was a good player.

“Now I feel better and my mind is 100 per cent focused on doing well for Tottenham, like it has always been.”

http://www.football-italia.net/52457/lamela-focus-tottenham

Back
Top Bottom