Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's dead. Just like Paul McCartney.

I spent the best part of a day (I think I was hungover) sitting on my laptop reading about all that Paul McCartney being dead conspiracy theory, even convinced myself that it was true. Then once the hangover fog had cleared I realised how ridiculous it was.

Lamela on the other hand, definitely dead

Seen a few conspiracy theories on twitter that we bought him from Roma just so Juve could get him next year (with us getting a little profit and/or a player on exchange.)
This is why he's not been played while he has a niggle as it could blow the deal if we fuck him up physically

I really can't imagine that being true. For a start why pay a year salary just to make 5 mill or so on the transfer. Second the player himself agreeing to basically not play in a World Cup year when he's on the fringes.

A more likely story is that he's not right mentally and out physio team hasn't got a clue what they are doing

Seen a few conspiracy theories on twitter that we bought him from Roma just so Juve could get him next year (with us getting a little profit and/or a player on exchange.)
This is why he's not been played while he has a niggle as it could blow the deal if we fuck him up physically

I really can't imagine that being true. For a start why pay a year salary just to make 5 mill or so on the transfer. Second the player himself agreeing to basically not play in a World Cup year when he's on the fringes.

A more likely story is that he's not right mentally and out physio team hasn't got a clue what they are doing

We did do some shady shit to get Fryers according to red nose sack of wine.

I call BS on that, people love to just spin up stories when there's nothing interesting in the news.

Yeah... This isn't true.

:adethumbup:

If that was true, it's surely bordering on illegal? Agent and other parties must have been in on it, and would totally fuck his world cup up.

Can't see it myself.

*Players/times are subject to change...
** Harry Kane replaces Erik Lamela

Update from the signing session page. :lamelawtf:

brand-new-information.gif

I don't think he had to worry about the WC with all the attacking talent Argentina has

Why can't people just accept he's fucking injured. Maybe the club don't want to absolutely ruin the most expensive player we ever signed by rushing him back and injecting him with shit.

Why can't people just accept he's fucking injured. Maybe the club don't want to absolutely ruin the most expensive player we ever signed by rushing him back and injecting him with shit.

I do hope that's all it is - but we are Spurs, so we presume his disappearance is down to a bigger and more sinister explanation.

Why don't people blame management? They had him working on his strength. Now he's injured. This was my post from 8 or 9 weeks ago when it was reported he was fit, but they were working on his strength:

"I think working on his strength is nonsense. He's never going to be a beast. HIS ROLE should be different. They should be working on his speed and sharpness and give him zero water carrying duties.

That ginger charlatan had him doing a shift on the wing, there is no way a player like him can do that in the prem. It's way too involved/fast/constant/brutal. Building up his strength is a waste of time/effort and could compound injuries because resistance training can cause all sorts of tweaks and strains.

He should be an attacking right sided AM with no water carrying duties. With Eriksen on the left doing the same thing. We have so many real beasts at the club, we need guile and speed in the final third. Ade is strong, and another strong AM should also be in the final third to act as a base for Eriksen and Lamela to interact with.

Lamela, Soldado, Eriksen and Defoe had a problem under AVB of not being able to get past the parked bus.

----------------Ade--------------
--Eriksen--Dembo--Lamela--
----Capoue----The Beast-----

Capoue and Sandro should be doing the donkey work and wear down the opposition. Eriksen and Lamela should play to their strengths: Quick feet/minds and shooting accuracy. Dembo or Pauly should be thrown in there to add beef to challenge the parked bus in 50/50's that Defoe and Soldado constantly lost. Dembo should be beating players and laying off the ball in the area, not in our own half.

I despair for the coaching of the club...Lamela looks lightweight? "Duuuuuur make him strong." NO: Give him a role where strength is not needed FFS! You can beat a dour 7 man behemoth defence with sharpness, passing quick feet and an UNDERSTANDING with like minded intelligent players like Eriksen. Dembo can be the battering ram, Ade can draw defenders and Eriksen and Lamela should be flitting around the final third. AVB had Holtby in the boiler room ffs! He's game but he's not suited for it. Another player AVB's role for players ruined.

Lamela and Eriksen are heads up players. The IQ of this team needs to go up and he and Eriksen are the men to do it. Sorry but Rose, Walker, Lennon and Townsend make painful decisions in the final third. They should not be the source of our creativity. And we should not expect the impossible from Lamela and Eriksen when it comes to beasting people in the box. They should be striking up an understanding with each other and with Ade and co.

Rant over."

I do hope that's all it is - but we are Spurs, so we presume his disappearance is down to a bigger and more sinister explanation.
Yeah, the injury is totally plausible, it's the way the club manages the public relations surrounding it that is questionable. Did Bale ever really have that buttocks injury ^_^

Back
Top Bottom