Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw these types of videos in the Lamela and Dembele thread's. The YouTue page itself has a load of Spurs players overall seasons in videos and I stumbled across this one:

I know Wanyama has been INCREDIBLE this season, especially at the weekend against Chelsea which was probably his best game in a Spurs shirt, but I watch that video above and I really do miss THAT Dier in the team.

He is on learning curve but is still around the mark and he is versatile. Our next skipper I reckon

I saw these types of videos in the Lamela and Dembele thread's. The YouTue page itself has a load of Spurs players overall seasons in videos and I stumbled across this one:

I know Wanyama has been INCREDIBLE this season, especially at the weekend against Chelsea which was probably his best game in a Spurs shirt, but I watch that video above and I really do miss THAT Dier in the team.

For me Dier is still our natural midfield anchor. Wanyama is only keeping the position warm for him.

Wanyama has been incredible, but I think Dier is more composed going forward and the entire team gels around him to a greater extent.

For me Dier is still our natural midfield anchor. Wanyama is only keeping the position warm for him.

Wanyama has been incredible, but I think Dier is more composed going forward and the entire team gels around him to a greater extent.
Unfortunately I don't. Wanyama has that spot right now. I love Dier, he is one of my favorite players but Wanyama is better, just, in every department, with the exception of heading.

During an interview, Eric Dier said

“Football is about winning trophies. If you ask us later on in life and we hadn’t won a trophy with the squad we have now, the players we’ve got and the basis we have to do that…if in five years’ time [that hadn’t happened] everyone would be disappointed.

“We’ve got to keep working hard and improving as there is still a lot we can work on before we reach that level, and the whole squad is desperate to win trophies.

“Every game we play we want to win, no matter the competition or opponent, which means winning something at the end of it. That’s our aim no matter what team is out there.

“It’s very difficult. FA Cup difficult, knockout, play lower-league teams with nothing to lose, they will throw everything at you and in a one-off game anything can happen. But that is our aim, to stay in every competition as long as possible and fight on all fronts.

“We’ve got a very good squad, lots of very good young players as well, coming through the academy getting a chance and proving they deserve one. It only helps us we have competition for places and everyone is ready whenever needed.

“Dele is scoring a lot of goals which has put him in the headlines but I’m not sure if it’s the best form he’s shown. Last season there were times when he was fantastic as well but he can do better as well. I’m sure he can.”

ERIC DIER TELLS TOTTENHAM TO WIN TROPHIES, OR ELSE

POCHETTINO WARNED HE MUST WIN TROPHIES OR ERIC DIER WILL MAKE HIM REGRET IT

IF TOTTENHAM DONT WIN TROPHIES SOON THEY'LL REGRET IT - ERIC DIER

ERIC DIER SAYS DELE ALLI IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Last edited:
During an interview, Eric Dier said

“Football is about winning trophies. If you ask us later on in life and we hadn’t won a trophy with the squad we have now, the players we’ve got and the basis we have to do that…if in five years’ time [that hadn’t happened] everyone would be disappointed.

“We’ve got to keep working hard and improving as there is still a lot we can work on before we reach that level, and the whole squad is desperate to win trophies.
raw

I think we are starting to forget just what Dier did in central midfield last season.

Really should not be letting a stint at CB cloud our judgement here. He is one of the best DMs in Europe.

Yeah sue me

I think we are starting to forget just what Dier did in central midfield last season.

Really should not be letting a stint at CB cloud our judgement here. He is one of the best DMs in Europe.

Yeah sue me
Definitely up there. If you watch the video reel of last season, he was immense. I love Wanyama too but I still feel Dier offers us more somehow. Stats don't tell the full story.
Either way, it's a nice headache for the manager to have to make the call. We are very strong in that department. And the gooners have Xhaka...let that sink in for a moment.

Definitely up there. If you watch the video reel of last season, he was immense. I love Wanyama too but I still feel Dier offers us more somehow. Stats don't tell the full story.
Either way, it's a nice headache for the manager to have to make the call. We are very strong in that department. And the gooners have Xhaka...let that sink in for a moment.

What beautiful problems we have at the moment!
Remember when the debate was whether Clemence or Sherwood should start alongside Freund in the CM role!

:freund::sherwoodwtf:

One Xhaka cost the same as :dembele:, :wanyama:, :dierno: and :allitongue:put together...

Last edited:
What beautiful problems we have at the moment!
Remember when the debate was whether Clemence or Sherwood should start alongside Freund in the CM role!

:freund::sherwoodwtf:
TBF, I quite liked Sherwood as a player. He just went all weird when he thought he could manage a top club with no experience. Had he been more humble & accepted a caretaker role after AVB left, I think he'd have retained a lot more respect (& probably his job with the youth set up).
And in spite of his technical limitations I will always think very fondly of freund. A Yiddo.
Having said that, our midfield is extremely strong these days.

Good times.

TBF, I quite liked Sherwood as a player. He just went all weird when he thought he could manage a top club with no experience. Had he been more humble & accepted a caretaker role after AVB left, I think he'd have retained a lot more respect (& probably his job with the youth set up).
And in spite of his technical limitations I will always think very fondly of freund. A Yiddo.
Having said that, our midfield is extremely strong these days.

Good times.

I thought Sherwood had a good first season for us and then his legs appeared to go.
That was the usual transfer policy at the time though, spending big money on 29/30 year old's getting a good season out of them and then their legs packing up and being lumbered with a large wage bill for them as well as a couple of seasons of dross before finally binning them off on a free or nominal amount i.e. Sherwood, Ferdinand, Leonhardsen, Ziege etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom