Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier takes man marking bug eyes to a new level......
CegEmlIW4AAg2hG.jpg

Meh... it's all being blown out of proportion... he's just a lazy fucker and decided to take the escalators with the rest of the lazy fucker Germans... I bet he got a cab to the bath after the match as well!

I'M FUCKING JO-KIIIIIIIIIING! before ArcspacE ArcspacE takes it all seriously and disagrees!!

So, just one more game to go before the 10-yellow-card amnesty , and Eric is currently on 9.

If I understand the rules correctly, then a yellow for Eric against Man U would result in a two game ban.

However, due to a quirk in the rules I believe that if he was to pick up two separate yellows then the card gods would count it as one red card and no yellow cards , meaning a one match ban only. Is that right???

Does anyone share my impression that he's been a bit less impactful lately? It seems like he's playing entire games as if he had one yellow and tries to avoid the second.

Earlier in the season I noticed that his game was affected heavily whenever he picked up a yellow, that he was much better, that he tackled more and harder, before picking up the card, and that his post-yellow more careful approach made him less efficient in his role.

He's extremely disciplined, when he needs to be. We see that both in his positioning and the way he's avoided reds and has kept away from the yellow since reaching nine. But his discipline cards wise affects his game.

Does anyone share my impression that he's been a bit less impactful lately? It seems like he's playing entire games as if he had one yellow and tries to avoid the second.

Earlier in the season I noticed that his game was affected heavily whenever he picked up a yellow, that he was much better, that he tackled more and harder, before picking up the card, and that his post-yellow more careful approach made him less efficient in his role.

He's extremely disciplined, when he needs to be. We see that both in his positioning and the way he's avoided reds and has kept away from the yellow since reaching nine. But his discipline cards wise affects his game.
Definitely hasn't been as hard in his tackles, but his performances have been fine imo

Usually he's rarely out of position so doesnt need to make a tackle.

Yesterday though he was garbage.

Heard 2 opinions from your about the game on Saturday and both seem way off the truth.

Our defense wasn't the issue vs Liverpool, our attack was. Wimmer and Dier were both fine. If they weren't, the game wouldn't have ended 1-1.

Yep. As hard as it is to choose ,with so many performing well. I would give him player of the year. A position we were desperate to fill, and we had him on our books already.

Harry, Toby and Hugo would be very close seconds I hasten to add

Back
Top Bottom