Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been saying for a while on here that I think this would be a worthwhile experiment. I really like his offensive skills, which presumably would be more relevant moved up the pitch. He's got great pace and size. We've got a surplus of CB's and no natural DM's. So, I think it's worth a try.

I've been saying for a while on here that I think this would be a worthwhile experiment. I really like his offensive skills, which presumably would be more relevant moved up the pitch. He's got great pace and size. We've got a surplus of CB's and no natural DM's. So, I think it's worth a try.
The only problem is...a failed experiment could be disastrous very early on in the season & leave us trailing, without any viable alternatives until the next window...& we know how Daniel loves to throw cash around in the winter window.

More money saved ? Sure I also had been thinking he had attributes to play as a DM - but as an excellent, experienced, proven DM - no.
This is wrong. Ok if temporary until Levy seals a deal, but not for the season.
Also not fair on Eric, he had potential to be a quality CB.

I can see why people might consider him in that position but in my mind a good DM has to be really mobile and almost terrier like.
Similar to Parker, makele, essien and even (spit) coquelin. I don't really see Dier in the mould. Matic might be the obvious alternative but I'm not sure Dier is at that level. We'll see

Would actually prefer Alderwereild there and Eric at CB

Alot of people are reporting that they have been seeing Dier train as a CDM in the open sessions today.
Idk, I kinda have mixed feelings on that. I guess I just have to wait and see for myself on whether I actually like it or not. (Still hope that this all doesn't mean that we don't sign a CDM.)

I think it's a good idea. we got five centre back now. Two belgian will be a regular, wimmer and fazio will be backup(Not exactly...). Also we got three right back. So if we dont loan him to other club, This will be a good for him

i'm a big fan of Dier's and think he will turn out to be a very good player.

As a DM? hmm yeh it could work. He's strong, pretty quick, his passing is pretty good and he's good on the ball. Dunno if that's gonna be his best position but he has the attributes to make it work.

Random but it dawned on me that I've never seen any footage of him speaking Portuguese. He grew up there so must be fluent. Probably helped Paulinho out a bit last year.

Anyway all I could find was this video of a young Dier

Ledley occasionally played at DM too, just saying. :avbpray:

Also, I remember listening to a radio show a while ago and Clarence Seedorf was saying that good players should be able to play all 11 positions on the pitch and know what these positions require. So it's good for him to collect some experience as a DM, so that when he plays as a CB and has to tell the DM where to position himself etc. he knows about the position.

Poor lad is copping a fair amount of flak for his efforts tonight.

Signed as a very promising CB, asked to play RB, now DM.

Keep smashing the square peg into the round hole 'til it breaks, eh Tottenham?

Absurd. I feel for him.

Back
Top Bottom