Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has definitely been one of our success stories and a bargain, to boot. Sure, he has still a bit rough round the edges but seems to learn from his mistakes and gives it his all, game after game. He seems comfortable in either position, full back or centre half, and also is not backward in going forward. Hope he continues it into next season, he has amazing potential to become a stalwart for us.

This could be the guy to challenge Walker now like Davies has managed to focus Danny more on the left - good as Kyle needs a permanent kick up the arse

Keep going Eric

Been thinking about Dier for a while now.....

:ledleylick:

.....no, not like that (well might after watching that assist again tonight)....

His passing and crossing ability is way too good for him to be wasted at CB. I don't think he's a RB either. He's quick over short distances but is he going to have the fitness and long term athleticism and conditioning to run the lines all game every game?

Is he potentially a central midfielder? Like a good Steven Gerrard midfield general type? He's great in the air as we've seen early season so it would be great to have him arriving late into the box during attacking phases of play.

Thought I'd put it out there. Apologies if others have suggested this.

Been thinking about Dier for a while now.....

:ledleylick:

.....no, not like that (well might after watching that assist again tonight)....

His passing and crossing ability is way too good for him to be wasted at CB. I don't think he's a RB either. He's quick over short distances but is he going to have the fitness and long term athleticism and conditioning to run the lines all game every game?

Is he potentially a central midfielder? Like a good Steven Gerrard midfield general type? He's great in the air as we've seen early season so it would be great to have him arriving late into the box during attacking phases of play.

Thought I'd put it out there. Apologies if others have suggested this.
I've had the same thoughts. He's skilled offensively with size and pace. I think it would be an interesting experiment to try him a bit further forward in the middle of the pitch.

This could be the guy to challenge Walker now like Davies has managed to focus Danny more on the left - good as Kyle needs a permanent kick up the arse

Keep going Eric

i got a feeling the same thing might work on erikson. some plays just need a bit of light pushing.

I've had the same thoughts. He's skilled offensively with size and pace. I think it would be an interesting experiment to try him a bit further forward in the middle of the pitch.

Matic experiment could be interesting. I know he played a bit of RB in Portugal, but it's crazy that we get our best service from a CB playing RB. Major kudos to him, but what is that saying about everyone else.

Let's not overcomplicate this. The guy is clearly a CB. Having a skilled CB is a great thing and most certainly not a waste. Look at Ledley, Rio Ferdinand, Pique, Bonucci, Hummels, Ramos, and numerous other historical examples. When you have a CB with that type of talent you don't want to waste it by moving him to an uncomfortable position. Let Dier flourish as a ball playing center half and we'll reap the rewards.

Let's not overcomplicate this. The guy is clearly a CB. Having a skilled CB is a great thing and most certainly not a waste. Look at Ledley, Rio Ferdinand, Pique, Bonucci, Hummels, Ramos, and numerous other historical examples. When you have a CB with that type of talent you don't want to waste it by moving him to an uncomfortable position. Let Dier flourish as a ball playing center half and we'll reap the rewards.

So you don't see him as a advanced playmaker?

You can see the reasoning (almost) with it, in that they're looking to give the 'older' players experience in the tournament and then from that cement a first team place with their club, therefore giving England a larger pool to choose from for the senior team.

However on the flip side, they should be looking to win this thing and therefore pick the best players available to it. Dier and Stones would be one hell of a partnership for the tournament, both having had an excellent season in the league.

You can see the reasoning (almost) with it, in that they're looking to give the 'older' players experience in the tournament and then from that cement a first team place with their club, therefore giving England a larger pool to choose from for the senior team.

However on the flip side, they should be looking to win this thing and therefore pick the best players available to it. Dier and Stones would be one hell of a partnership for the tournament, both having had an excellent season in the league.

I thought Dier was one of the older centre backs in the squad? Is he not older than Moore, Keane etc?

Back
Top Bottom