Eric Dier, midfielder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good read but looks like you went with the tabloids view of Dier not playing for the U21's. He stated it had nothing to do with playing Right Back.

Here is what Dier said:

'It has been a hectic start to the season for me and I have been delighted with the number of games I've played so far.

'Obviously, I have just moved clubs and even though I represent England I have not lived here since I was really young so I am still adapting to my new environment.

'I just felt that this two-week period gives me the opportunity to work on parts of my game that I have had problems with over the past two months, personal elements I need to work on both physically and on the football pitch that I think will make me a better player for both club and country in the long term.

'It is far from a rest. This is a period where I can spend time at my new club and put a lot of work in to improve because during the season these opportunities do not come around too often for Spurs or England because of the number of games we have to prepare for.'

'I will never complain to a manager about what position I play as long as I am playing - I'd even play centre-forward if I was asked to'.

Good read but looks like you went with the tabloids view of Dier not playing for the U21's. He stated it had nothing to do with playing Right Back.

Here is what Dier said:

'It has been a hectic start to the season for me and I have been delighted with the number of games I've played so far.

'Obviously, I have just moved clubs and even though I represent England I have not lived here since I was really young so I am still adapting to my new environment.

'I just felt that this two-week period gives me the opportunity to work on parts of my game that I have had problems with over the past two months, personal elements I need to work on both physically and on the football pitch that I think will make me a better player for both club and country in the long term.

'It is far from a rest. This is a period where I can spend time at my new club and put a lot of work in to improve because during the season these opportunities do not come around too often for Spurs or England because of the number of games we have to prepare for.'

'I will never complain to a manager about what position I play as long as I am playing - I'd even play centre-forward if I was asked to'.
Sharply worded. When he joined the one thing that I was scared of is that he looked like a bit of a lump, but unlike with most footballers I'm starting to think that he's actually got a brain planted between his ears.

I was talking to some friends who are fans of Dier playing CDM and also like Alli. To think we got both for a combined few of under £10m, and if they were to continue the current development pace then they could be exactly what we have needed. I hope we don't sell them on but they could both easily be worth £15m and more.

I'm trying not to get carried away, but he is fast becoming my favourite player (sorry Harry). He appears to have talent, work ethic, willing to learn and is not scared to speak his mind, but not in an arrogant way. Hope we can keep hold of him, as if he continues to progress at this rate, other clubs are going to come calling.

I'm trying not to get carried away, but he is fast becoming my favourite player (sorry Harry). He appears to have talent, work ethic, willing to learn and is not scared to speak his mind, but not in an arrogant way. Hope we can keep hold of him, as if he continues to progress at this rate, other clubs are going to come calling.
Other clubs are going to come calling for Kane, Son, Lamela, Eriksen, N'jie, Alli, Dier, Bentaleb, Mason, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertongen, and Lloris.

Because our players are better than theirs.

Back
Top Bottom