Equivalent Valuations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw, or read something about this recently. Someone wanted to hazard a guess at past players possible valuation, so I thought I would join in -- which any of you are also welcome to, such is the very nature of this, and indeed, many other forums.

Paul Allen: £8m - A far better player than he is remembered for but one who many will remember fondly. Probably a player more appreciated by his own fans and mostly ignored by all others.

Richard Gough: £20m - If only we were able to hold on to him for longer than one season. He was a fantastic player and would easily cope with football now as he did 25 years ago such was his reading of the game.

Pat van den Hauwe: £5m - Was probably better than he is given credit for but he'll always be thought of as a 'tough' tackler.

Ilie Dumitrescu: £15m - and sold for £3m within five months....or loaned back from whence he came.

Nicky Barmby: £22m at 19 - £8m at 27 - his wife was a busy bird - just saying.

That is an odd selection of players.

I saw, or read something about this recently. Someone wanted to hazard a guess at past players possible valuation, so I thought I would join in -- which any of you are also welcome to, such is the very nature of this, and indeed, many other forums.

Paul Allen: £8m - A far better player than he is remembered for but one who many will remember fondly. Probably a player more appreciated by his own fans and mostly ignored by all others.

Richard Gough: £20m - If only we were able to hold on to him for longer than one season. He was a fantastic player and would easily cope with football now as he did 25 years ago such was his reading of the game.

Pat van den Hauwe: £5m - Was probably better than he is given credit for but he'll always be thought of as a 'tough' tackler.

Ilie Dumitrescu: £15m - and sold for £3m within five months....or loaned back from whence he came.

Nicky Barmby: £22m at 19 - £8m at 27 - his wife was a busy bird - just saying.

That is an odd selection of players.

Paul Allen was my favorite player when I was a kid. He wasn't spectacular by any stretch, especially compared to some of the other players we had in the squad at the time but he'd work his nuts off. I'd think an £8m valuation of him would be fair...but it does contrast current prices when you consider we sold him for £550,000 to Southampton.

What did we pay for Gazza £2m?
Of course he would not have moved to us now, and back then it was only El Tel pulling a stroke on Ferguson that meant the mad geordie came to us rather than OT.

Current value for Gazza £70m plus

Ledley King, fully fit.

£1,000,000,000.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom