England's IRA chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen-sen-sen

What were these 'disgusting' IRA chants. The only one I could hear was 'fuck the IRA'

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy was apologising to secure his new contract.. He is the perfect puppet, one they've been waiting for for a long time. He picks players the FA like and says what they want him to say

I don't understand the media reaction, I listened to the BBC and from what they said I thought there must have been some really vile stuff being chanted. It's a little inappropriate, but it is Celtic Park. I was in a bar in Amsterdam and some Geordies were chanting 'no surrender' now that was disgraceful. But at Celtic Park, can't really see saying 'fuck' being disgraceful

Our country is a complete PC fuck up at the moment.

People can walk all over us, yet if anything is said that is even remotely offensive to some then we get branded the bad guys.

I don't understand the media reaction, I listened to the BBC and from what they said I thought there must have been some really vile stuff being chanted. It's a little inappropriate, but it is Celtic Park. I was in a bar in Amsterdam and some Geordies were chanting 'no surrender' now that was disgraceful. But at Celtic Park, can't really see saying 'fuck' being disgraceful

Exactly, if it had been held at Ibrox what would of happened ? The England fans chanting No Surrender, and the majority Scotland fans shouting back, Yeh, that's right, with a few getting the hump because they follow Celtic. Not all Celtic fans pledge allegiance to Eire when it comes to international football, the ones that do need to get a life. You are either Scottish or not, I know it's simplistic given the history, but, we are talking about a game of football here, not a history changing war battle between two nations and their allies.
It's all fucked up and is pathetic. These cunts need to grow up and get on with their tedius dull lives. Keep politics out of sporting arenas.

Exactly, if it had been held at Ibrox what would of happened ? The England fans chanting No Surrender, and the majority Scotland fans shouting back, Yeh, that's right, with a few getting the hump because they follow Celtic. Not all Celtic fans pledge allegiance to Eire when it comes to international football, the ones that do need to get a life. You are either Scottish or not, I know it's simplistic given the history, but, we are talking about a game of football here, not a history changing war battle between two nations and their allies.
It's all fucked up and is pathetic. These cunts need to grow up and get on with their tedius dull lives. Keep politics out of sporting arenas.

I dont understand the irish ones who dislike the british yet support a british team....... no wonder they get stick for being thick.

I dont understand the irish ones who dislike the british yet support a british team....... no wonder they get stick for being thick.
Whilst i agree with you,they don't see it that way do they.They think Celtic are a team that has its roots firmly in Ireland, but play in Scotland.
Confused ,i think the word is.

That whole schtick is so fucking tired and reductive. It's like those people have absolutely no capacity for original thought.

The issue shouldn't be whether the words of the chants are offensive. We should be questioning why they've not come up with any decent new material. It's cringeworthy

That whole schtick is so fucking tired and reductive. It's like those people have absolutely no capacity for original thought.

The issue shouldn't be whether the words of the chants are offensive. We should be questioning why they've not come up with any decent new material. It's cringeworthy

Fuck ISIS and Fuck Putin now needed to update us to the 21st century.

Celtic are a joke really. The fans are anti-British & hate the English but are gagging to play in the English league for the filfth lucre. What price morals?

They have also allied themselves with Hamas as some sort 'union of the oppressed'. I suppose they needed a new bandwagon to jump on now the IRA have (largely) ceased their nefarious activities.

Disagree mate. I think the pro-IRA Celtic Park is the most logical place to sing that particular song.

celtic.jpg

I think the media had set aside a lot of column inches to hooliganism at the game. Because there wasn't much trouble they have to blow this miles out of proportion

Seems to me like the media wanted the Scots and English fans to have a barny when they didn't they treid this, a completely media driven story, very much of the modern age were the media itself creates the story rather than reports it. Infact the real story is the how the media drives debate in this country often artifically.

The old days are gone and hooliganism is not what it was but you get the feeling some people in media would like it back. There was an article before the game about how known England hooligans were going upto Scotland, the media was even preparing us for a event they hoped would come to pass.

Seems to me like the media wanted the Scots and English fans to have a barny when they didn't they treid this, a completely media driven story, very much of the modern age were the media itself creates the story rather than reports it. Infact the real story is the how the media drives debate in this country often artifically.

The old days are gone and hooliganism is not what it was but you get the feeling some people in media would like it back. There was an article before the game about how known England hooligans were going upto Scotland, the media was even preparing us for a event they hoped would come to pass.

Did you notice how Murdoch's newspapers stopped reporting domestic hooliganism when Sky got the Prem? He knew it would harm the 'gentrification' of football that was essential to News Corp. They then concentrated on England away matches as a source of titillating the public interest.

Last edited:
Did you notice how Murdoch's newspapers stopped reporting domestic hooliganism when Sky got the Prem? He knew it would harm the 'gentrification' of football that was essential to News Corp. They then concentrated on England away matches as a source of titillating the public interest.
Murdoch switched to bugging English phones to titillate his own interests!

Apparently on Sun 9th Nov when 99.99% of teams recognised the remembrance silence. One club's supporters booed for the whole minute . Yes, at Celtic Park. No surprise there. Didn't see that splashed over the tabloids. Selective reporting rools.

Back
Top Bottom