Does Alex Pritchard have a future at Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great article - tells you an awful lot more about Pritchard than any YouTube compilation could. I'm containing my excitement for now, but it really would be great to see another youngster challenging for a first team place next season.

would love to see him as an understudy to Eriksen in the central attacking midfield role, and if he begins to perform well regularly like mason, kane or bentaleb this season, drift eriksen out to the left as the stats suggest he is a bigger threat out wide and play Pritchard in the CAM role.

I'll be furious if Pritchard isn't given a chance with us next season. Him and Alli should be with the first team this winter, especially if we're in the EL.

There's no need to see him as an understudy. If we're in Europe the games come thick and fast especially if we have a Lge Cup run as well, and first team opportunities abound. Give Alex and Dele a chance, Ryan Fredericks too.

I'll be furious if Pritchard isn't given a chance with us next season. Him and Alli should be with the first team this winter, especially if we're in the EL.

There's no need to see him as an understudy. If we're in Europe the games come thick and fast especially if we have a Lge Cup run as well, and first team opportunities abound. Give Alex and Dele a chance, Ryan Fredericks too.

Are you sure you're the same guy constantly lambasting levy for not spending big on superstars or selling to an oligarch who can?

Surely seeing two unproven youngsters whose only experience is lower league football in the starting line up would make you more furious?

There is a lot of reason to be optimistic that he can be something special next season of the near future at least. However, Tarrabt is a warning as to how a good season in the Championship is possible but guarantees nothing.

The amount of young English talent we have is unbelievable. How many top 6 teams could put out a team like this:

-----------------
Kane

Pritchard --------------- Townsend

--------
Mason - Alli - Carroll

--- Rose - Hall - Dier - Walker

---------------- Archer

Woolwich couldn't put out a team nearly that good using English players 24 or under:

----------Iwobi - Akpom - Welbeck

Chamberlain - Wilshere - Maitland-Niles

Bola - Hayden - Chambers - Jenkinson

-------------------Huddart

No wonder why wenger doesn't rate english players fucking hell that's appalling.

How the fuck do you know all these Woolwich players? :lloris:
Well apart from the obvious ones i've had to do a bit of research and fill in the gaps. My point is that Woolwich don't have kind of young English players we do. Yes Hall and Archer are only Championship/L1 standard, but relative to other clubs we are better at bringing through young English talent. As English homegrown players tend to be more valuable, that's a positive thing.

Back
Top Bottom