The "I'm a student and I need help with my dissertation" thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should be helpful.

There is more than enough info on these topics though. Start with a clear structure, beginning with the money generated through the competitions and ending with merchandising, ticket revenues and the transition from WHL to Wembley to the New Stadium.

Fan blogs
There are many, many more but for personal choices I read these. Here you will get a feel of how the fans feel about the finances, stadiums, transfers etc. As their opinion matters too, not always in-sync with the club/manager Good luck sifting through the BS.
dml
TOTTENHAM ON MY MIND
http://blog.martincloake.com
Home
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum

Facts & History
To understand new developments IMO you need to know whats driving them.
My Football Facts & Stats | Tottenham Hotspur FC
Spurs First Team & Development Squad Player Contracts
ohwhenthespurs.co.uk
A Romance of Football - The History of Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

Finances/Stadium
The Swiss Ramble: Tottenham Hotspur - Moving On Up
The Spurs Report
A four minute summary

Hi guys,

I'm in my final year of university and have chosen my topic of research for my dissertation as:

'An analysis into the business, transfer and management decisions of Tottenham Hotspur over the past decade.'

I will essentially be discussing the clubs decision making over the past ten years by looking at each individual season and evaluating transfers made by the club, fees paid, changes of management ect. I will also examine the club’s decision to build a new stadium and training centre. Finally, the revenue generated through TV deals, sponsorship will also be discussed as well as the annual accounts.

I would really appreciate some help on finding any information for my data collection including articles, columns, essays ect as I'm struggling at the minute.

Thanks anyway
I'll be more than happy to pm you detailed analysis of the ENIC business model from a fans perspective. I'm sure it will be a reasonable representation of the general forum opinion on such a delicate subject.
:dierpochhug:

While we were stock exchange listed, transfer fees were common knowledge and freely available.

As I understand it (can of worms) Spurs amortise the value of the player annually, is, a £20mn player on a 5 year deal has a book value of £8mn after 3 years.

So if he were sold at £12mn it appears to be an £8mn loss but the accountants would book it as a £4mn profit.

Levy'ed.

Hi guys,

I'm in my final year of university and have chosen my topic of research for my dissertation as:

'An analysis into the business, transfer and management decisions of Tottenham Hotspur over the past decade.'

I will essentially be discussing the clubs decision making over the past ten years by looking at each individual season and evaluating transfers made by the club, fees paid, changes of management ect. I will also examine the club’s decision to build a new stadium and training centre. Finally, the revenue generated through TV deals, sponsorship will also be discussed as well as the annual accounts.

I would really appreciate some help on finding any information for my data collection including articles, columns, essays ect as I'm struggling at the minute.

Thanks anyway
0 net spend

That's all

Fuck me, a lot of this stuff is available just by simple online searches. Surely you should do a bit of work to get a fucking degree, not just wait for us to lay it on a plate for you.

Hi guys,

Thanks anyway
What's your degree in?

Hi guys,

Thanks anyway

You can download the financial reports from the official website.

Contains a wealth of information, if you know what you're looking for.

Yeah, what line of education are we talking? Your problem seems all over the place - decision making in general and financial data covering a period of 10 years in a huge corporation...?!

You should consider narrowing the scope, depending on the field you're in.

Hi guys,

Thanks anyway
Go to the library, google, contact THFC-pick up the bloody phone and talk to people-is it that difficult?

Fuck me, a lot of this stuff is available just by simple online searches. Surely you should do a bit of work to get a fucking degree, not just wait for us to lay it on a plate for you.

You always get one dickhead don't you. I'm not asking anyone to lay an 12,000 dissertation on a plate for me I'm asking for guidance you fucking reprobate.

What's your degree in?

Business & Accounting.

You can download the financial reports from the official website.

Contains a wealth of information, if you know what you're looking for.

Thanks, yeah I've already got that as part of my data collection

Yeah, what line of education are we talking? Your problem seems all over the place - decision making in general and financial data covering a period of 10 years in a huge corporation...?!

You should consider narrowing the scope, depending on the field you're in.

Degree level. Decision making in terms of the transfer window approach. building a new stadium, management decisions ect.

Go to the library, google, contact THFC-pick up the bloody phone and talk to people-is it that difficult?

Yeah thanks for that. Haven't thought of any of them! I just thought someone somewhere might have a bit more knowledge of the area and could point me in the right direction.

Yeah thanks for that. Haven't thought of any of them! I just thought someone somewhere might have a bit more knowledge of the area and could point me in the right direction.

th

You always get one dickhead don't you. I'm not asking anyone to lay an 12,000 dissertation on a plate for me I'm asking for guidance you fucking reprobate.

Business & Accounting.

Thanks, yeah I've already got that as part of my data collection

Degree level. Decision making in terms of the transfer window approach. building a new stadium, management decisions ect.

Problem you're always going to have is that DL has a first class economics degree from Cambridge - you can quite clearly and by reputation that he is good at what he does.

Part of this will be related to keeping things low key and under wraps. He appears to be very private in his business (by preference), so it's not hugely likely you will be able to do much more than rely on the public info.

I don't know how much speculation you can rely on, but I'm not sure you'll have an option?

I see sarcasm is not one of your many talents ?

Here is Danial Levy's telephone number if you wish to contact him...
0344 499 5000 :levyeyes:

Hi guys,

Thanks anyway
Dissertation in latin is dissertatio? Italian its dissertazione ? Zulu its Kulenkulumo-mpikiswano and Japanese its 論文 - I know its of no help but its fun...

l.jpg

D Levy
daniel_levy.jpg

The Hood.
One owns a football club and wheels the deals?
The other one is a criminal and terrorist who can brain wash his foes and enjoys inflicting evil and pain on them?

Does this help?
Hi guys,

Thanks anyway

Back
Top Bottom