Desperate to play for THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All we hear is x player is on x amount a week. I was under the impression that most contracts involved a basic weekly sum which may or may not be the figure highlighted + extra for appearances, + extra for position in league and how far they go in cups. Therefore a player that rarely plays for Spurs could earn less even if on a higher weekly wage than playing for a lesser team but playing every week. None of the above players that have left play in the CL.
I am not sure if the extra incentives are a big % of total pay or not.

I think the majority of our players would be more highly paid if they left.

Not sure why they are prepared to accept lower wages with us, but they do.
I think it's an investment for them. Everyone has heard stories about Wonderkid #3689b heading off to PSG/City/Chelsea, rotting on the bench for absurd wages, and ending up at Aston Villa a few years later. Better to stay at Spurs (or a club of a comparable financial level, like Dortmund, Atletico, Schalke, or Liverpool) until they're really good and can be certain that they'll be first choice whenever they end up.

That's why I don't expect the likes of Kane, Alli, and Dier to head off to Manchester until 2018 at the earliest. Lloris is kind of a unique case, since all the top teams seem pretty happy with their gks right now (PSG was my biggest concern, but that's not a problem anymore thanks to Trapp).

That's why I don't expect the likes of Kane, Alli, and Dier to head off to Manchester until 2018 at the earliest. Lloris is kind of a unique case, since all the top teams seem pretty happy with their gks right now (PSG was my biggest concern, but that's not a problem anymore thanks to Trapp).

Despicable-Me-what-gif.gif

I think it'll happen eventually. Even loyal players can only turn down the opportunity to double or triple their salaries for so long. Atletico is only hanging on to their best players because Simeone has some kind of deal with the devil that guarantees him a great CL run year after year. Kane could potentially be one of those guys who really does stay, but Alli is a Liverpool fan from Milton Keynes and Dier is a United fan from Portugal. What connection do they have to Tottenham?

EDIT: spelling

I think it'll happen eventually. Even loyal players can only turn down the opportunity to double or triple their salaries for so long. Atletico is only hanging on to their best players because Simeone has some kind of deal with the devil that guarantees him a great CL run year after year. Kane could potentially be one of those guys who really does stay, but Alli is a Liverpool fan from Milton Keynes and Dier is a United fan from Portugal. What connection do they have to Tottenham?

EDIT: spelling

At the moment they are apart of a team that could be really special, something that they made, and not at a club where the place was already filled with worldstars.

At the moment I see no reason for any player to leave to another English club unless we say it's ok. Bayern, Barca and Real will have their pull, but our best players in the prime will be at silly prices from now on. If Poch and Levy are gone, who knows, but for the next years there is no need to worry.

We needed to get rid of those players who did not fit anymore and who better to judge than Poch!
In Poch we trust and this is translating to our current standing to date!

Back
Top Bottom