Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anurag Jo said:
Is it just me or Dembele isnt really seeing much of the ball as he really should?Same thing happened today.

Didn't notice as much in previous games but agree that today he had very little influence on the game, which I think had knock-on effects all over the pitch.

Re: Dembele

Éperons said:
Fellow's name is Dembélé. It would follow that the last two syllables, having the same vowel ("é"), would be pronounced the same.

Hence, dem-BAY-lay.

I would disagree with your logic. Some languages have different rules for the same vowel depending on whether it's followed by a consonant or not.

He was very much involved in the first half but seemed to fade in the second which was strange seeing as we were coming at them a bit more. Still, at least he likes to get stuck in and will put 110% in to winning the ball back etc unlike the previous CM we had there!

Whoa, Dembèlè (Bam-ba-Lam)
Dembèlè had a child (Bam-ba-Lam)
The damn thing gone wild (Bam-ba-Lam)

:rimshot:

I am probably his biggest fan but i do think he will need to learn to demand the ball more and get a bit rougher in tackles , also his movement without the ball has always been his biggest downside

But i think that it is also down to his more controlling role , he needs to get the ball up to the attacking midfielders more than creating something on his own

Still , seeing him drift by players in his bizarre but fluent style is a thing of beauty

Eskimo said:

Nice. I'd rep you but I'm on my phone.

I think he's been great, more physical that modric, not as good at passing and more or less equal in terms of getting past players. The way he gets past them in crazy though, great to watch.

Eskimo said:

This is quality. To make it truly amazing the last two lines would need to be customised....answers on a postcard !

Belgian Spur said:
I am probably his biggest fan but i do think he will need to learn to demand the ball more and get a bit rougher in tackles , also his movement without the ball has always been his biggest downside

But i think that it is also down to his more controlling role , he needs to get the ball up to the attacking midfielders more than creating something on his own

Still , seeing him drift by players in his bizarre but fluent style is a thing of beauty
Something so bizzare about it. So unpredictable and fuckin mesmerizing.

SanDiegoYiddo said:
Belgian Spur said:

Something so bizzare about it. So unpredictable and fuckin mesmerizing.

He looks like he cant play at times but the ball never leaves his feet and what's more , he never ever watches the ball , you should keep an eye on that next game. He always keeps his head up while dribbling , he only looks at the ball if he wants to shoot

Steed_Train said:
Eskimo said:

This is quality. To make it truly amazing the last two lines would need to be customised....answers on a postcard !
Just simply

Dembele is a Yid (Bam-ba-Lam)
Dembele is a Yid (Bam-ba-Lam)

Definitely getting this going at the next 1882 game.

Personally, I think he's been great for us this season - immense presence on the field and one of the more uderrated performers, if anything. Half the price of Modric, mind you. Coasts past players as if they're road signs

Here's a good article on him, if anyone fancies a read

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8378257?

His passing against Utd

lFe8rEr.png

91% pass accuracy, including 4 chances created, 2 out of 2 tackles, 3 out of 3 successful dribbles, 4 out of 5 headers won

Long may he be with us.

Dembèlè is A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!!
Each game makes me love him even more! The guy dominated midfield against Man U

People that do not watch entire games of the Mighthy Hotspur will not appreciate the influence he has on the pitch , he controls , tackles, passes and shoots (poorly for the moment but lets hope that will get better). There will be people moaning about the lack of direct assists or goals coming from him but his play revolves about percentages , about making sure he covers the midfield area and allows the players around him to roam more freely. I know a few Fulham fans and they all say that they are missing him very much.

He's coming along nicely, still a bit inconsistent though. As good as he was against United and in other games this season, he did have a shocker against QPR.

Pleasantly surprised at how well he has fitted in and we evidently miss his influence when he's not there in the middle. Hopefully he keeps fit, keeps improving and finds the net a bit more often.

Think he galvanised the team against United in the second half. Just oozes confidence and others pick up on that. Him just casually drifting past 3 or 4 players is sensual. His almost assist for that Dempsey chance would of been awesome also (the left foot tap at degaya) :dembele:

Think he galvanised the team against United in the second half. Just oozes confidence and others pick up on that. Him just casually drifting past 3 or 4 players is sensual. His almost assist for that Dempsey chance would of been awesome also (the left foot tap at degaya) :dembele:
Thats was amazing from both players (except the finish) for diff reasons , Moussa for dribbling himself trough such a tight spot with ease and Dempsey for staying on his feet and good ball control + determination. I love it when a player stays on his feet and tries to score in stead of going down like he has just been shot.

I've noticed the past few games I've been to since our lord protector Sandro got injured, that Dembele seems to be sitting deeper than previously with Parker more advanced. I made this point to the guy behind me yesterday and every time our play broke down it seemed Parker was 10-15 further forward.
This clearly seems the wrong way round a) due to Dembele's ability b) due to Parker's predictability in attack (think he's fantastic....just not good going forward).
With Holtby roaming, I feel AVB should work on not having Parker venture further forward than the centre circle and then push Dembele on a bit.
The 2/3 players he skips past on the half way line, might not be so easy on the edge of their box but it will surely lead to more free kicks in dangerous areas and a few times breaking through and laying it on (like against Man U where Dempsey's shot was saved).

Back
Top Bottom