Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mousa Dembele talks positional changes and positivity ahead of Saturday’s trip to the KP Stadium.
.http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-tv/interviews/mousa-looking-forward/

Moose is looking really trim. He did look much faster than usual. Glad to see his injury days are behind him.

Not being a DM could help his injury issues as he won't have so many physical battles.

"A free role on the right" is probably a perfect position if we are to keep Eriksen or Njie central.

PUMPED!!!! COME ON DEMBELE!!!

:freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal:

The anti :bentley:

I'm pretty indifferent to dembele, I feel as if he's not lived up to his apparent potential. 31 pages for a player who's been at the club 3 years seems to agree with that. Not many stand out games . Maybe it is because he's his nether a hit or a miss. He's just a bit " meh"

Cue him becoming fantastic & putting in lots of Fulham v Man U type performances as I'd given up on Lamela too.

Hope he's starts delivering more with the talent he obviously has.

I'm pretty indifferent to dembele, I feel as if he's not lived up to his apparent potential. 31 pages for a player who's been at the club 3 years seems to agree with that. Not many stand out games . Maybe it is because he's his nether a hit or a miss. He's just a bit " meh"

Cue him becoming fantastic & putting in lots of Fulham v Man U type performances as I'd given up on Lamela too.

Hope he's starts delivering more with the talent he obviously has.

I'm just gutted he got injured after he was finally played as an AM for more than half a game. Cursed. He's still in his 20's. If we continue with him as an AM IMO he will show us long term that what he can really do. There is no downside to playing Dembele as an AM. His first competitive game there this season he made MS look like a little girl. So even a rusty Dembele can better the Utd's on their own patch.

We just need to play him for a whole season as an AM before we move him on. If we don't we will regret it.

I feel Dembele has suffered, as with other players, from the management changes the club has witnessed over the past 3/4 years.
Just take a look at what we had at the beginning...

Moussa, like Siggy & Soldado I regret to say is fallout...top class professionals for which there were one too many changes.
If what the internet proves to be true then I wish him all the best.
I agree with what you said above Gibbsy, but I don't think he figures greatly in Poch's plans.

There is something so joyful about watching Dembele play football. The simplicity of the way he can beat a man. He can be just as frustrating as he can be brilliant. I don't think he scores nearly enough as he should and I feel he's more creative than some give him credit for.

I do think he's been a loss to our overall squad and personally we'd be silly to get rid of him in January.

All just media nonsense ... there's no way Dembele will be sold in January.

He's gonna start vs Lollerpool, and people will see how much we missed him ( ... not that I'm saying that the Dier-Alli partnership has been ineffective or anything).

What's his assist record like ?

I know players like modric wasn't to great either as he was more of assist the assist but Dembele's goal scoring record is pretty poor. I just wonder what people think he adds to our game? Out of 118 total appearances for us , I can only think of a handful were he was the player we hope we bought. I'm not looking to prove anyone wrong as we all see players differently but I just don't get him. Yup he can be a beautiful footballer to watch but , for me, there's little end product.

He's 28

There is something so joyful about watching Dembele play football. The simplicity of the way he can beat a man. He can be just as frustrating as he can be brilliant. I don't think he scores nearly enough as he should and I feel he's more creative than some give him credit for.

I do think he's been a loss to our overall squad and personally we'd be silly to get rid of him in January.

88 appearances, 3 goals.

Dier, Mason, Bentaleb and Alli are all ahead of him now as midfielders, we have Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela, Son, N'Jie and Townsend as attacking options. If we can get a good fee for him I think we should sell, and reinvest the money on the real need, an out and out striker.

88 appearances, 3 goals.

Dier, Mason, Bentaleb and Alli are all ahead of him now as midfielders, we have Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela, Son, N'Jie and Townsend as attacking options. If we can get a good fee for him I think we should sell, and reinvest the money on the real need, an out and out striker.
What does his appearance to goals ratio mean? Did we buy him on the back of scoring 30 goals a season for Fulham from midfield or something?

So far this season, despite being a lot leaner and hard working, Dembele has created more chances than Bentaleb, has won more tackles and has intercepted more than Bentaleb and has also provided more key passes. Not to mention his sucessful pass ratio.

I don't prefer Dembele in central midfield but I've NEVER seen him with Dier alongside him. Dembele was outstanding alongside defence minded Sandro so it could be a good partnership in certain games.

Last edited:
What does his appearance to goals ratio mean? Did we buy him on the back of scoring 30 goals a season for Fulham from midfield or something?

So far this season, despite being a lot leaner and hard working, Dembele has created more chances than Bentaleb, has won more tackles and has intercepted more than Bentaleb and has also provided more key passes. Not to mention his sucessful pass ratio.

I don't prefer Dembele in central midfield but I've NEVER seen him with Dier alongside him. Dembele was outstanding alongside defence minded Sandro so it could be a good partnership in certain games.

why are you comparing dembele to bentaleb? he's been out injured since like the second game of the season

Back
Top Bottom