Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriouly , we arent debating the concept of Real Madrid being bigger then Tottenham as an inferiority complex are we ?

It's the idea that players are actively being told "There's better than this", rather than "You're at a good, growing club". Sure, people know that, but reminding them doesn't help club morale or motive people to stay and build with the club.

Do you think Poch is telling Kane and Eriksen, "You can be the next one to go to Madrid"? No, because it's a stupid thing to do that's unprofessional. If you were one of the top men at Sony would you actively be encouraging your best employees to leave for Microsoft? It's ridiculous whatever way you look at it, you encourage your best assets to stay and build around them.

What has been our best wins with season? Scum and Chavs. Dembele played a big role in both those games.

What else was one of the most important results? Away at Sheffield semi-finals of FA Cup. Dembele was a candidate for MOTM after Eriksen and we almost capitulated when he came off injured.

Who put in a great performance at Anfield and got a goal? The Moose.

Who got 2 assists away at W Brom which helped wrap up the game in the first half? Dembele.

Gotta say it's laughable when people suggest our best XI atm is without him.

What he should have said when he signed was 'if you realise your potential, and next month you'll have arguably the best facilities in the EPL to do so, you will be idolised by WHL faithful, cherished by the club, help take us into the top 4 and could be the best attacking midfielder in the EPL. '
Saying, 'RYP & you will be the next to go to Real Madrid' is saying to a player: realise your potential and you'll be out of here. So, there's the incentive to do well at Spurs.
It's basically confirming that the staff see their own club as a stepping stone to a 'bigger' club. If you play well enough you can leave here along with Modric and Bale.

Johnny Cum lately's like Ferdinand and Sherwood only came to us when they were 31 & 30 respectively, done, and both for ulterior motives. What did they ever do for Spurs as players anyway?

Ferdinand is an asshole, believe me.

Why is this guy not in the team? Why has he been ditched, I just don't understand. He had one bad half against West Ham and has he even been seen since? Our best performances this season have all come with Dembele in the team.

I thought he was part of our best attack personally with Lamela and Eriksen either side behind Kane.

Why is this guy not in the team? Why has he been ditched, I just don't understand. He had one bad half against West Ham and has he even been seen since? Our best performances this season have all come with Dembele in the team.

I thought he was part of our best attack personally with Lamela and Eriksen either side behind Kane.
Seems every time he's back in Belgium for national team duty he says something half-bitchy to the media about playing time. Might have something to do with that.

Not really :lennonlol: But I remember it once under AVB.. and now back in March.
No worries. Fair enough, hadn't known about it. Even so, Poch could have had a word with him if that is the case. I always thought Dembele was important for us in keeping hold of the ball very well and freeing up space for others, he made others better (such as Eriksen) and he provided strength in midfield, we have looked very light even without him in an advanced position.

No worries. Fair enough, hadn't known about it. Even so, Poch could have had a word with him if that is the case. I always thought Dembele was important for us in keeping hold of the ball very well and freeing up space for others, he made others better (such as Eriksen) and he provided strength in midfield, we have looked very light even without him in an advanced position.
Totally agree. He connects midfield and attack. His performances are up and down though..but he should be playing more.

Can someone explain what exactly Dembele has done wrong to be dropped from the first 11? he was playing well yet poch has suddenly decided to not start him anymore and give utter turds like Invisibilinho chances? i really don't get it (especially considering Mason, Benteleb, Chadli, Townsend and Eriksen are all in pretty bad form).

Can someone explain what exactly Dembele has done wrong to be dropped from the first 11? he was playing well yet poch has suddenly decided to not start him anymore and give utter turds like Invisibilinho chances? i really don't get it (especially considering Mason, Benteleb, Chadli, Townsend and Eriksen are all in pretty bad form).

Presumably something has happened behind the scenes. It's common knowledge that Dembele's attitude isn't the best when it comes to ambition and work ethic. Perhaps that's resulted in a clash behind closed doors.

He's had some decent performances this season but he's also up there with the most frustratingly unreliable players we've had, especially when you know what he is capable of.

Personally I love the fact that we have a manager that clearly isn't afraid to butt heads with players and stamp his authority on things. The best managers have this trait.

Poch doesn't take any shit and that on only be a good thing as he goes about moulding the squad that he wants.

This season was always about Poch getting to know the squad and sorting out who he wants and who he doesn't. Seemingly Dembele is on the naughty list.

Doesn't he have a back problem? When he plays, he's very good holding onto the ball and rarely gives it away, but I was expecting a bit more on the creative front, to take some of the pressure off from Eriksen's shoulders.

Doesn't he have a back problem? When he plays, he's very good holding onto the ball and rarely gives it away, but I was expecting a bit more on the creative front, to take some of the pressure off from Eriksen's shoulders.
Always thought his playing style makes it difficult for him. The way he turns just looks a bit "un-natural", even if it's highly effective for getting past players.

Im sure he had some kind of hip injury before, and i get the feeling it hasnt gone away. A shame as i would love to see him in the side more often, gives the team a lot more stability with him in it.

Im sure he had some kind of hip injury before, and i get the feeling it hasnt gone away. A shame as i would love to see him in the side more often, gives the team a lot more stability with him in it.

Yep.

I thought his game was nearly flawless on Sunday. Can't recall him missing a pass.

Back
Top Bottom