Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember that Les Ferdinand has promised Dembélé that he could be the next player to go to Real Madrid.
:chadliblow:

For that reason I don't really want LF to set his foot back at Spurs. Shocking.

Beast mode activated, Poch has flicked the switch.

This is the player we bought from Fulham.

Love this too against Newcastle just when we were starting to show signs of our mojo coming back.
ValuableLinedAmericangoldfinch.gif

What I love about this single clip, apart from Dembele's skill, is our movement, our shape and our attacking intent. Lamela and Eriksen crossing over (Oh take a look everyone don't see Eriksen stuck out on the left wing "out of position" haha) one touch pass from Eriksen and BOTH full backs providing width and inline with Centre Forward!

Remember that Les Ferdinand has promised Dembélé that he could be the next player to go to Real Madrid.
:chadliblow:

For that reason I don't really want LF to set his foot back at Spurs. Shocking.
Chris Ramsay clearly has a few braincells upstairs, but I am very happy we got rid of that lot of Sherwood, Ferdinand, etc.

Love this too against Newcastle just when we were starting to show signs of our mojo coming back.
ValuableLinedAmericangoldfinch.gif

What I love about this single clip, apart from Dembele's skill, is our movement, our shape and our attacking intent. Lamela and Eriksen crossing over (Oh take a look everyone don't see Eriksen stuck out on the left wing "out of position" haha) one touch pass from Eriksen and BOTH full backs providing width and inline with Centre Forward!

I could watch this all day.

Don't mind Dembele pushing Eriksen out to the left. In a formation with wing backs, the 3 AM's have free licence to move as the like, generally the wing back pushes them more central as they overlap, so I'm not worried about that.

If we could get Chadli effective on the right side (or Lamela/Townsend) we could have a very strong, fluid front 4.

If we could get Chadli effective on the right side (or Lamela/Townsend) we could have a very strong, fluid front 4.

I don't think Chadli is mobile enough or has good enough movement to pull this off. His biggest quality is coming in off the left and shooting, not sure why you would want to ruin that aspect of his game.

My first choice front 4 is always going to be
Kane
Chadli-Eriksen-Lamela

Dembele is useful against big teams, but I think having him in the side forces too many people to be moved about. Not sure Dembele can play as a CM either in this system; his pressing and reading of the game isn't the best out there.

Tough call though.

Dembele is good for us as essentially a third CM, to plug the gaps created by Mason-Bentaleb. If we can get our CMs to be more effective, he'll likely be back on the bench and Chadli will be back in.

What he ment to say atm was that he has the skillset needed to perform at a top level but doesnt make the most of it , i think the quote has to be seen in its context

Sometimes it's important to make sure that what you are saying isn't misunderstood. Unprofessional imho.

Trying to motivate someone in your club by telling them they won't be playing for your club.

Seems utterly poisonous.
I think poisonous is a bit strong. Motivation is a skill, but equally, telling somebody that they figure in your plans, when they don't is just as bad.

I think poisonous is a bit strong.

You're trying to encourage players by telling them they'll leave the club to move on to "better things". With that sort of attitude it's no wonder our best players demand to leave. We should be encouraging our best players to stay and develop, motivating them with other means. Not with a carrot that basically means they leave the club.

You're trying to encourage players by telling them they'll leave the club to move on to "better things". With that sort of attitude it's no wonder our best players demand to leave. We should be encouraging our best players to stay and develop, motivating them with other means. Not with a carrot that basically means they leave the club.
No I didn't say 'better things' you've been arguing with Sammy for too long. Why do you think we've improved under Poch? Because he's told everyone they have a future? No, the ones that have bought into it have shaped up and the one's that haven't are out. It's professional football, not a fucking garden party.

No I didn't say 'better things' you've been arguing with Sammy for too long.

I know you didn't, but Les did. E.g. "You could be the next one to real Madrid" seems to fit the bill of "moving on to better things", no? The very thing I'm saying is poisonous and you're saying it's just a way to motivate.

I know you didn't, but Les did. E.g. "You could be the next one to real Madrid" seems to fit the bill of "moving on to better things", no? The very thing I'm saying is poisonous and you're saying it's just a way to motivate.
Are you objecting to my use of italics you fucking cad? How dare you.

Sorry for the brevity of my reply, but I was much more interested in talking to Furball man Furball man than you. Hope you're warm etc....

What he ment to say atm was that he has the skillset needed to perform at a top level but doesnt make the most of it , i think the quote has to be seen in its context
I agree with you i think the real madrid comment is being taken well out of context. All he said was "You can be the next one to go to Madrid IF you realise your full potential"
Don't really see the problem in it myself.

Back
Top Bottom